Windows 10: Cannot Eject External Drive After Installing Microsoft Store App

Discus and support Cannot Eject External Drive After Installing Microsoft Store App in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently bought Halo on the Microsoft Store, and installed it on my external HDD, as there is not enough space on my laptops SDD. Once the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JamesTulk, Apr 16, 2021.

1. JamesTulk Win User

Cannot Eject External Drive After Installing Microsoft Store App

I recently bought Halo on the Microsoft Store, and installed it on my external HDD, as there is not enough space on my laptops SDD. Once the installation had finished, whenever I tried to eject the hard drive, an error message appeared, stating 'This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device and then try again.' If I remove the external drive without ejecting it, when I plug it back in, Halo won't launch. I was wondering what the cause of the error message was, and any possible fixes.

Thanks.

:)

JamesTulk, Apr 16, 2021

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Eject options inconsistent between USB stick and USB external drive - Windows 10

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Have you tried connecting different external drive?

• Do you face the same issue with different external drive?

As a work around , I suggest you to connect different external drive to your system and check whether will you get the option to Eject from File explorer or not.

And also try connecting same external drive to different system and check if the issue persist.

Reply with necessary information so that can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Cannot Eject External Drive After Installing Microsoft Store App

how eject external drive

Where is "eject external drive" located and is it really necessary?

RichardAMold, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Cannot Eject External Drive After Installing Microsoft Store App

1. Cannot Eject External Drive After Installing Microsoft Store App - Similar Threads - Cannot Eject External

2. External Drive will no longer eject after installing a game from the Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Drive will no longer eject after installing a game from the Microsoft store.: I have a Dell G5 SE that I just got before Christmas 2021 and I got this game pass trial for a dollar and I installed everspace 2 early access on my external drive, and now it will not allow me to eject the drive. This was not a problem until I installed software from the...
  3. External Drive will no longer eject after installing a game from the Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Drive will no longer eject after installing a game from the Microsoft store.: I have a Dell G5 SE that I just got before Christmas 2021 and I got this game pass trial for a dollar and I installed everspace 2 early access on my external drive, and now it will not allow me to eject the drive. This was not a problem until I installed software from the...
  4. Problem Ejecting External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem Ejecting External Drive: I've been using a Seagate 2TB Expansion Drive via USB for quite a while. Recently when I go to eject the drive, I get the following pop up. Before I get scathed, I realize that I don't need to eject it via taskbar icon, but I've been doing it that way for quite a long time....
  5. External drives not ejecting properly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External drives not ejecting properly.: The title explains the point. I have a WD Elements external HDD (3TB), and in any windows 10 machine it refuses to eject properly. I don’t wanna just disconnect it without letting the drive spin down as a lot of important files and backups i have in it. In event viewer it...
  6. EJECTING EXTERNAL DRIVE SAFELY

in Windows 10 Customization
    EJECTING EXTERNAL DRIVE SAFELY: When I try to eject the external drive from my laptop, I get the following message: "This device is currently in use. Close any program or windows that might be using the device, and then try again." I tried to clear the message by checking over and over if any program or...
  7. PROBLEM EJECTING EXTERNAL DRIVE AFTER A BACKUP

PROBLEM EJECTING EXTERNAL DRIVE AFTER A BACKUP: 3RD TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED. BACKUP IS DONE. "CAN'T REMOVE DEVICE WHILE IT'S IN USE." "THIS DEVICE IS CURRENTLY IN USE. CLOSE ANY PROGRAMS OR WINDOWS THAT MIGHT BE USING THE DEVICE, TRY AGAIN." EVERYTHING IS CLOSED. STILL CAN'T EJECT. THIS IS A NEW DELL 7591 PRUCHASED...
  8. how eject external drive

how eject external drive: Where is "eject external drive" located and is it really necessary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-eject-external-drive/cbeb6cdd-5036-462a-b25f-7e4897b911c7
  9. Cannot eject safely an external USB drive

Cannot eject safely an external USB drive: Hello, Recently I bought one "WD Elements" 1TB external drive for data storage. When attachet it to the pc, it was found by the file explorer, it is already NTFS formated, one whole partition. On it found "WD Smartware pro trial" installer and an 'autorun.inf' file....
  10. Cannot eject safely usb external drive

Cannot eject safely usb external drive: Hello, The problem of beeing unable to eject the usb drive safely still exists, the only way I found (temporarily) is to disable it in the device manager, but then the change asks to restart the computer, if I do not restart, the drive is unabled. It seems I will have to...