Windows 10: Cannot Eject External Harddrive Although it is reading it correctly on my computer

Discus and support Cannot Eject External Harddrive Although it is reading it correctly on my computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I've never run into this issue before, but I've been using various external harddrives on my computer, and none of them are allowing me to eject... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZachSkeba, Oct 13, 2021.

1. ZachSkeba Win User

Cannot Eject External Harddrive Although it is reading it correctly on my computer

So I've never run into this issue before, but I've been using various external harddrives on my computer, and none of them are allowing me to eject after I am finished with them. They all are reading correctly, and are letting me explore within them, create folders, etc., but for some reason the eject function isn't available on any of them. I should clarify, it is NOT an issue of me receiving a "Device cannot be ejected" message, the eject function is literally just not showing up when I right click on it.Again, the hard drives read fine, and they display on my computer fine, but won't even g

:)

ZachSkeba, Oct 13, 2021

2. External Harddrive Causes Computer Freeze & Reads Harddrive/Cards as Corrupt but they are not

Hi,

Recently my Desktop computer has been freezing whenever I plug in my WD External Harddrive in, and it never used to do so. It causes the computer to freeze up and sometimes crash! The harddrive if at all possible to show up in the folders list, then reads
    a message saying it is corrupt.

Then, when I plug in a memory card, it reads the card as corrupt, but when I go to a MAC it reads it fine. Something is going on with my desktop.

Help!

Megan A.Oxley, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Problem ejecting usb/external harddrive

My name is Jeremy, a Windows Community Member. I'll be happy to help you out today. Let’s see what I can do. Cannot Eject External Harddrive Although it is reading it correctly on my computer :)

Hi LaurenCox, I understand your frustration there and I apologize for any inconvenience it may cause you. Rest assured that I will do my best to help you

I see that you have tried doing a lot of troubleshooting, however, you may consider using a third-party application the free partition manager PartitionGuru to safely eject USB devices. It is a quick, flexible, and functional tool to manage disk and partitions.
    PartitionGuru is able to format the USB drive in batch automatically, during which it eject USB flash drives after formatting is completed. Let's see how to eject USB devices using PartitionGuru.

Step 1 Launch PartitionGuru and you can see the device you want to remove.

Step 2 Select that disk and click menu "Disk" to choose "Safely Eject Disk".

Step 3 Unplug the disk after PartitionGuru ejects it.

Please let me know if this works

Regards,

Jeremy

JeremyCountings, Oct 13, 2021
  4. JanWo130 Win User

Cannot Eject External Harddrive Although it is reading it correctly on my computer

computer not recognizing external harddrive?

Why wont my computer recognize my external harddrive?

JanWo130, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot Eject External Harddrive Although it is reading it correctly on my computer - Similar Threads - Cannot Eject External

2. Cannot Eject External Harddrive Although it is reading it correctly on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Eject External Harddrive Although it is reading it correctly on my computer: So I've never run into this issue before, but I've been using various external harddrives on my computer, and none of them are allowing me to eject after I am finished with them. They all are reading correctly, and are letting me explore within them, create folders, etc., but...
  3. Cannot Eject External Harddrive Although it is reading it correctly on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Eject External Harddrive Although it is reading it correctly on my computer: So I've never run into this issue before, but I've been using various external harddrives on my computer, and none of them are allowing me to eject after I am finished with them. They all are reading correctly, and are letting me explore within them, create folders, etc., but...
  4. external cd/dvd doesn't read correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external cd/dvd doesn't read correctly: My old Win10 Dell operates my external dvd writer perfectly but my new Win10 HP laptop won't. It sees it but won't. When I try to access on File Explorer a window opens asking "How do you want to use the disk?" It offers two options: "Like a Flash Drive" and "With a...
  5. External harddrive connection

External harddrive connection: I have connected my 4tb external hard drive to my laptop, but it does not appear in "this pc". It is connected and working, but I can't access it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-harddrive-connection/90bbad1b-3610-4b99-a879-6aae1350a4be
  6. Problem ejecting usb/external harddrive

Problem ejecting usb/external harddrive: I have read everything on the internet but nothing seems to be offereing any solutions. So when I right click on the external drive i wish to eject, I don't have the eject option only format. I have gone down to the little arrow at the right bottom of the screen on my...
  7. external harddrive

external harddrive: My computer recognizes the harddrive . States it is working properly but will not allow me to open it. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-harddrive/0aba405c-3d6d-4a2d-afb4-771e92c416ed
  8. external harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external harddrive: HI ALL I NEED DESPERATE HELP IM PANICKING I DID SOMETHING WITH MY EXTERNAL HDD I TOOK SHARING OFF BY MISTAKE AND ITS LIKE MY LIFE ON THE HDD IT SAYS H; NOT ACCESSIBLE AND ACCESS DENIED HOW DO I FX IT...
  9. Cannot eject safely an external USB drive

Cannot eject safely an external USB drive: Hello, Recently I bought one "WD Elements" 1TB external drive for data storage. When attachet it to the pc, it was found by the file explorer, it is already NTFS formated, one whole partition. On it found "WD Smartware pro trial" installer and an 'autorun.inf' file....
  10. Cannot eject safely usb external drive

Cannot eject safely usb external drive: Hello, The problem of beeing unable to eject the usb drive safely still exists, the only way I found (temporarily) is to disable it in the device manager, but then the change asks to restart the computer, if I do not restart, the drive is unabled. It seems I will have to...