Windows 10: Cannot enable/detect 3rd monitor in Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot enable/detect 3rd monitor in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I need help from the community. I've got a three monitor setup that is no longer working as expected. Monitor #3 is no longer showing up in "Customize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by RaidenX, Sep 6, 2015.

1. RaidenX Win User

Cannot enable/detect 3rd monitor in Windows 10

I need help from the community. I've got a three monitor setup that is no longer working as expected. Monitor #3 is no longer showing up in "Customize your display"

My setup is as follows

Nvidia GTX 570 : Monitor #1, Monitor #2
    Onboard Intel 4600: Monitor #3

I was playing with mame and it wouldn't start on my main display. So I went into Settings->System->Display and disabled monitor #1 & #3. After playing games I went back to this window to re-enable the monitors and only #1 & #2 show up. #3 is not listed. Clicking "Detect" only shows a dialog saying no additional displays could be found. All the hardware is listed in device manager, just not in the settings->system->display section.

What I've tried

I've deleted monitor #3 and the Intel Graphics adapter in Device Manager and re-scanned for hardware changes.
    I've pressed Win+P and made sure that the display is set to Extend.
    Re-installed the latest Intel & Nvidia drivers.
    Jumped up and down like a frog in a sock.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

:)

RaidenX, Sep 6, 2015

2. Cannot detect 3rd monitor after upgrading to windows 10 . It was available in window 8.1 . Technically cannot add more than 2 monitors in windows 10 . HELP

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

1. Do you receive any error message while trying to connect the third monitor?

2. What is the make and model of the graphics card installed on your PC?

You might be facing this issue due to the incompatibility of the driver software with Windows 10 . So I suggest you to install the driver in compatibility mode by downloading the driver software from the manufacturer website and
    check if it helps.

Now, to install in Compatibility Mode, follow these steps:

a. Locate the executable file (.exe file) for the driver installation program.

b. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.

c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.

d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 8 with which it is compatible with in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.

e. Double-click the executable file to start the installation program.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Cannot detect 3rd monitor after upgrading to windows 10 . It was available in window 8.1 . Technically cannot add more than 2 monitors in windows 10 . HELP

i upgraded my laptop to windows 10 initially when i was using windows 8.1 i was able to easily get extended display for 3 monitors i.e one my laptop monitor and 2 other monitors . But when i upgraded to windows 10 i can use only 2 monitors & the 3rd one
    is not getting detected .If some one is saying it is driver issue i do not think so because how can the previous version of windows 8.1 successfully run 3 monitors ? Also i thought that upgrading to windows 10 will make my life easy as i will be able to add
    more monitors instead it has made my life harder now i have to work from only 2 monitors besides don't know where the exact problem lies because even if i decide to shift to higher configuration PC's but the problem is not in the systems but in windows 10
    it will be terrible waste of money .

Bornleader180174, Sep 6, 2015
  4. RaidenX Win User

RaidenX, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Cannot enable/detect 3rd monitor in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot enable detect

2. 3rd Monitor detect but not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3rd Monitor detect but not connecting: Hi, I use windows 11 & trying to get my 4th monitor following to last 2 monitors, however the problem is, It shows as 4th monitor 2 monitors + 1 laptop but I get the only choice to use it as duplicate monitor. I check with my Dell laptop which confirms that this is not...
  3. 3rd Monitor detect but not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd Monitor detect but not connecting: Hi, I use windows 11 & trying to get my 4th monitor following to last 2 monitors, however the problem is, It shows as 4th monitor 2 monitors + 1 laptop but I get the only choice to use it as duplicate monitor. I check with my Dell laptop which confirms that this is not...
  4. 3rd Monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3rd Monitor not detected: I'm having an issue where the 3rd monitor is no longer detected, but still duplicates the image on it. It used to extend the desktop between all 3 until a recent windows update. I have tried rolling back, but it did not help.I'm currently using a laptop, with a USB-C docking...
  5. 3rd Monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd Monitor not detected: I'm having an issue where the 3rd monitor is no longer detected, but still duplicates the image on it. It used to extend the desktop between all 3 until a recent windows update. I have tried rolling back, but it did not help.I'm currently using a laptop, with a USB-C docking...
  6. My 3rd Monitor is not detected.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My 3rd Monitor is not detected.: So, I have an HP Spectre Laptop and a USP Type-C Hub Pro that I use at home to add 2 additional monitors. I have some issues at home - mainly if the computer sleeps for too long the Ext Monitors become 1, so I just unplug the Hub and plug it back in and everything goes back...
  7. Windows not detecting 3rd monitor

Windows not detecting 3rd monitor: Hello, When I have 3 monitors plugged into my rx580 the resolution is stretched across all 3 monitors and windows only detects my main middle monitor as active. When i have two plugged in windows detects them seperately. but when i plug in the third it stretches them again. I...
  8. 3rd monitor not detecting

3rd monitor not detecting: Hi, Just after some help, Windows 10 updated to version 1909, and now the 3rd monitor will not detect, i have AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series graphics card, The catalyst control centre and eyfinity is only detecting 2 screens as well, I have tried restarting my PC, Uplugging and...
  9. Cannot Extend to a 3rd Monitor - Doesn't Detect the Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Extend to a 3rd Monitor - Doesn't Detect the Monitor: I have a Windows 10 64 bit system. I have a Nividia Control Panel and tried to get the monitor to detect there, but it does not. It works but it duplicates, not extends. I gather I need something called an extender rather than a splitter. But I have no clue what type of...
  10. Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected: Hi there I was kindly given a monitor from a friend which is nice. Why have two when you have three right? I connected the third monitor fine using an iSolem HMDI splitter I bought from Amazon and it worked first time, however the display detects the displays as 1 2 2 and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 cannot detect thrid monitor

2. cannot enable 3rd monitor

3. windows detect third monitor

4. cannot detect third monitor,
  5. windows 10 detect third monitor,
  6. enable third monitor in windows 10