Windows 10: Cannot enable Device Portal and Device Discovery

Discus and support Cannot enable Device Portal and Device Discovery in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to turn on Device Portal and Device Discovery in For Developers settings. So, after turning on Developer Mode, I click on the toggles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pimina, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Pimina Win User

Cannot enable Device Portal and Device Discovery

Hi, I'm trying to turn on Device Portal and Device Discovery in For Developers settings. So, after turning on Developer Mode, I click on the toggles for the those options. But they turn back to off quickly after I turn them on. I found a similar issue on a thread in MSDN forums link below though their issue was just with the Portal toggle and mine doesn't cause irregularities with mouse either. Their solution was also not relevant to my issue as the redundant registry key there didn't exist on my PC: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/815e7d0a-500b-4f3e-91d6-08dde27a8a3b/can-

:)

Pimina, Jun 9, 2022

2. Developer Mode fails to enable the device portal

Hello,

For advanced assistance regarding your concern in enabling the device portal, we suggest you post your query in

MSDN forum

Regards.

Marilou Ser, Jun 9, 2022
  3. Cannot keep Network Discovery Enabled.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest that you change the settings in the Firewall to allow Network discovery so that the Firewall stays On while allowing the Network discovery to be enabled.

Follow the steps.

a . Open Control panel.

b. Small icons from the drop down.

c. Click on Windows Firewall.

d. Click on Allow programs or feature through Firewall.

e. Scroll the list and check Network Discovery.

If you need additional assistance then let us know.

Ruth Buruga, Jun 9, 2022
  4. omidsolo Win User

Turn On or Off Device Portal for Desktop on Windows 10 PC

Thanks, but do you have any idea how to Disable Device Portal and Disable Device Discovery via Registry Editor?

omidsolo, Jun 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Cannot enable Device Portal and Device Discovery - Similar Threads - Cannot enable Device

2. How to enable Device Discovery in Windows 11 Developer Mode

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Device Discovery in Windows 11 Developer Mode: [IMG]In this post, we will help you with how to enable Device discovery in Windows 11 Developer Mode. The Device discovery feature helps to discover unmanaged devices such as mobile devices, network devices (like switches and routers), workstations, etc., which are not yet...
  3. Cannot enable Device Portal and Device Discovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Device Portal and Device Discovery: Hi, I'm trying to turn on Device Portal and Device Discovery in For Developers settings. So, after turning on Developer Mode, I click on the toggles for the those options. But they turn back to off quickly after I turn them on. I found a similar issue on a thread in MSDN...
  4. Not able to toggleDevice Portal and Device Discovery options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to toggleDevice Portal and Device Discovery options: Not able to toggle Device Portal and Device discovery buttons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-toggledevice-portal-and-device/8f3b9f89-f16d-4c47-85c9-fb6c0f0b740e
  5. Not able to toggleDevice Portal and Device Discovery options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to toggleDevice Portal and Device Discovery options: Not able to toggle Device Portal and Device discovery buttons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-toggledevice-portal-and-device/8f3b9f89-f16d-4c47-85c9-fb6c0f0b740e
  6. bullutooth device discovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bullutooth device discovery: i seek to add apple airpods via bullutooth but not dicoverable by laptop toshiba.do format to airpods and try not also discoverable .dicovered by phone android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bullutooth-device-discovery/fe488b7f-9be3-4e33-87aa-0aacb326842f
  7. Unable to enable Device Portal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to enable Device Portal: Hi, Edition:Windows 10 Home; Version: 1903 OS build:18362.900 Settings-->For Developers-->Enable Device Portal I want to enable developer option and after selecting the radio button "Developer Mode" in the above path, the option to Turn on remote diagnostics over...
  8. cannot enable device encryption

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cannot enable device encryption: looking at msinfo I get the following reason : Device Encryption Support : Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected Can someone explain to me how...
  9. Unable to enable Device Portal in Developer mode

Unable to enable Device Portal in Developer mode: i cant enable device portal in developers mode on my pc.. it displays an error.. i tried going through links and resetting window insider.. but it wont work.... ***Original title: regarding device portal***...
  10. regarding device portal

regarding device portal: i cant enable device portal in developers mode on my pc.. it displays an error.. i tried going through links and resetting window insider.. but it wont work.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-device-portal/b7304661-2d0a-4948-bdf7-febe8087aa55