Windows 10: Cannot enable Microsoft Print to PDF once it is disabled

Discus and support Cannot enable Microsoft Print to PDF once it is disabled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I used the following command to find the feature name and the second one (Powershell) to disable Microsoft Print to PDF, and the third one to re-enable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoeRandolph1, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Cannot enable Microsoft Print to PDF once it is disabled

I used the following command to find the feature name and the second one (Powershell) to disable Microsoft Print to PDF, and the third one to re-enable it.

DISM /online /get-features /format:table | find "Disabled"

Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName "Microsoft-Windows-Printing-PrintToPDFServices-Package"

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName "Microsoft-Windows-Printing-PrintToPDFServices-Package"

The disable command works perfectly, however, I get the following message when trying to enable it.

"enable-windowsoptionalfeature : One of several parent features are disabled so current feature can not be enabled." (See Screenshot)

Cannot enable Microsoft Print to PDF once it is disabled 9PGjH.png

Secondly, I try to enable the feature through "Turn Windows features On or Off" but it can't be found. (See screenshot)

Cannot enable Microsoft Print to PDF once it is disabled 7HKI4.png

I have researched this for several hours now and the only information I can find is how to add the printer back through Programs and Features. I would appreciate all help resolving this problem.

:)

JoeRandolph1, Mar 29, 2019

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Cannot enable Microsoft Print to PDF once it is disabled

microsoft print to pdf not working

Here are some few things to try:

Method 1: Try to check the PDF files on this locations:

• C:\Users\%username%\
    • User\Documents\

Method 2: Disable and and re-enable Print to PDF feature

1. Click on Start, then type in Windows features.

2. Click on Turn Windows features on or off.

3. On the Windows Features windows, locate Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
    OK to save changes.

4. Reboot your computer.

5. Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Cannot enable Microsoft Print to PDF once it is disabled

1. Cannot enable Microsoft Print to PDF once it is disabled - Similar Threads - Cannot enable Microsoft

2. Microsoft print to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft print to PDF: When I print from SAP to a PDF printer in windows 10, it does not give an option to choose a destination folder. Is there any way I can get this option?Thanks in advance....
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF

Microsoft Print to PDF: The "Microsoft Print to PDF" shows as an available printer but doesn't work. The program is not listed as a Microsoft product when I search to restore it. Is it no longer supported for Windows 10? Why would it stop working?...
  4. Microsoft Print to PDF not working & cannot restore

Microsoft Print to PDF not working & cannot restore: My Microsoft Print to PDF not working - was told turn it off in Windows Features & then turn it back on will work. After I turn it off, it doesn't allow me to turn it back on - Error msg 0x800F0922. I also tried to add it back as as new printer - error msg is Missing...
  5. Windows 10 can't enable Microsoft Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 can't enable Microsoft Print to PDF: Recently noticed that Microsoft Print to PDF was no longer available as a Print option. One suggestion was to disable it and re-enable from "Turn Windows Features on or off". The turn on/off dialog box showed it enabled, so I disabled it - it reported success. When I try...
  6. microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer"

microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer": microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer", it's grey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf-cannot-select-print/dd76e585-e8d5-41ae-836a-160aa4bfd0d8
  7. Cannot install Microsoft Print to PDF

Cannot install Microsoft Print to PDF: I have followed the directions for installing the Microsoft Print to PDF printer, but when it comes time to select a printer from the list, there is not a choice for plain old "Microsoft Print to PDF." Instead I have an option to chose "Microsoft Print to PDF version:...
  8. Unable to enable Print to PDF Option

Unable to enable Print to PDF Option: I have been facing trouble with the Print To PDF feature for the last few weeks. So, I disabled the option from Windows Features and now I am unable to enable to option. I get the following error. I saw a resolution for this error on the Microsoft support page but I am unable...
  9. Microsoft print to pdf

Microsoft print to pdf: When I select the printer Microsoft Print to PDF, I want to be prompted for a file name and location to save it. I am thinking it has to be tied to a port "prompting" it, but the only port I see similar on my machine is tied to Microsoft XPS Document Writer. How can I set the...
  10. Microsoft Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Print to PDF: Is there any way to get this app to print Headers and Fo0ters by default? I been through the settings and I can't see it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf/242f5636-8e0b-47fd-a4e2-326690cdbf49