Windows 10: Cannot enable mobile hotspot

Discus and support Cannot enable mobile hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I've always used my mobile hotspot but now today there isn't a button for it in the bottom right menu. It's only an airplane mode option(which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SweetheartTomko, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Cannot enable mobile hotspot

So I've always used my mobile hotspot but now today there isn't a button for it in the bottom right menu. It's only an airplane mode option(which is not on) So when I go into 'mobile hotspot settings' I try to enable the share my internet connection with other devices but it switches back to 'off' no matter how many times I click it, please help!

:)

SweetheartTomko, Feb 18, 2019
  2. Joe Men Win User

Enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on Lumia 950

Hello,
    Christene

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. We understand that you want to enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your Lumia 950.

To enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap on Network & wireless.
    • Tap Mobile hotspot.
    • Tap on the On/Off slider to enable the Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone.
    Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Cannot enable mobile hotspot

mobile hotspot enabling

Hello,

This error may occur if your WiFi adapter does not support the Mobile hotspot feature. To check if it is supported, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this netsh wlan show drivers and hit Enter.
    • In the results, look for Hosted network supported and check if it says
      Yes or No.
    Note: Your WiFi adapters supports Mobile hotspot if it says Yes.

If the WiFi adapter supports Mobile hotspot, we can reinstall the network adapter to resolve your concern. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Select Network adapters.
    • Double-click the Network adapter name.
    • Under Driver tab, click Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling the driver, restart your PC.

After your PC restarts, Windows will automatically look for and install the network adapter driver.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Antoneth Ber, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Cannot enable mobile hotspot

1. Cannot enable mobile hotspot - Similar Threads - Cannot enable mobile

2. How to enable settings menu for mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable settings menu for mobile hotspot: Hello,I have a PC without wifi hardware. I connected and installed a wifi USB adapter with its software. The mobile hotspot function appeared in my internet acces menu on the bottom right of the screen and I can switch it on. But I don't know the password and when I right...
  3. How to enable settings menu for mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable settings menu for mobile hotspot: Hello,I have a PC without wifi hardware. I connected and installed a wifi USB adapter with its software. The mobile hotspot function appeared in my internet acces menu on the bottom right of the screen and I can switch it on. But I don't know the password and when I right...
  4. How to enable settings menu for mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Mobile Hotspot cannot be activated with ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mobile Hotspot cannot be activated with ethernet: Hi, I'm currently facing the problem that I cannot create a Wifi mobile hotspot while I'm connected with Ethernet (Ethernet to Wifi). I'm using a Lenovo L380 with an ethernet adapter from lenovo since this device has no RJ-45 port. I have absolutely no clue what is causing...
  6. Unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature

Unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature: Hi, I am unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature in my Windows 10 powered laptop even though it is connected to the internet via Ethernet cable Highlighted in Yellow. I am able to use the internet on the browser from which I am posting this and every other thing except...
  7. Cannot reconnect to mobile hotspot

Cannot reconnect to mobile hotspot: I connected my phone to windows mobile hotspot. I walked away until it's disconnected, then back to my laptop. My phone cant connect to mobile hotspot anymore. I saw my phone in devices list, but my phone not connected to that hotspot at all. How to fix this?...
  8. Cannot turn on mobile hotspot

Cannot turn on mobile hotspot: I am unable to turn on the mobile hotspot after the window is updated to window 10 version 1803. I still can turn it on yesterday but now it say we cant set up mobile hotspot. Any solution for this?...
  9. "Cannot configure the mobile hotspot." error

"Cannot configure the mobile hotspot." error: How can I fix this error? I'm connected through Ethernet cable and my network card supposed to host the wireless network is the "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265", whose driver is updated to the latest version (20.70.0.5), running on an updated Windows 10 Home x64 v1803...
  10. Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 By default, any user can turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing the Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. Users can share a Wi-Fi,...