Windows 10: Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

Discus and support Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by andrew_sea, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a week I have tried every suggested repair dialog and Settings Changes without success, including creating CsEnabled =1 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power. Have searched for Sleep / Hibernate in GPEDIT settings, I found and Enabled Setting "Shows hibernate in the power options menu." but had no

:)

andrew_sea, Mar 4, 2024
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Hibernate/sleep option restart the PC.

Hello,

The Sleep/Hibernate is a useful power option for computers. We recommend following the method below to resolve the issue where your computer restarts instead of sleeping/hibernating.

Run the Power troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box, then hit Enter.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Select Power option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Get back to us for the result.

Ryan Pag, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Arul_D Win User
    No sleep option

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below suggestions provided by Andre Da Costa and check if it helps.

How to enable Hibernate and Sleep in Power Options on Windows 10

Redirecting

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Mar 4, 2024
  4. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

Lost the Sleep option associated with the Power control

Hello David,

This issue might have occurred if Sleep is disabled on your system. We suggest you to follow the steps from the below link and check if it helps:

Redirecting

Redirecting

Let us know if it helps. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

1. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate. - Similar Threads - Cannot enable Power

2. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  3. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  4. how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11?: how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-hibernation-in-power-options-for/e56ccd8c-02bf-48cf-85c3-82b11ce3ef33
  5. Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop. Dell Inspiron 5420 12th Gen i7. I am having one problem from day one. My laptop automatically hibernates/shuts down when kept in sleep mode for a long time 7-8 hours. Sleep mode works fine if I use it in 1-2 hours. But if I keep...
  6. Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop. Dell Inspiron 5420 12th Gen i7. I am having one problem from day one. My laptop automatically hibernates/shuts down when kept in sleep mode for a long time 7-8 hours. Sleep mode works fine if I use it in 1-2 hours. But if I keep...
  7. Does Lid Close Affect Sleep/Hibernate Power Options?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does Lid Close Affect Sleep/Hibernate Power Options?: hey everyone, i have a question about power options and lid close in regards to an issue i faced. my pc power options are set to never sleep on AC/DC, hibernate after 1 hour on AC/DC and do nothing on close lid. last time i closed lid and PC didnt hibernate after the hour....
  8. Hibernate power option not showing

Hibernate power option not showing: Hi,Certain power options, including hibernate, aren't showing in power options. I've reinstalled my GPU driver GTX 1660 Super but nothing changed. If it helps in answering the question, there's also an unknown device showing in device manager....
  9. enable power button hibernate option via intune

in Windows 10 Customization
    enable power button hibernate option via intune: Hello Ms Community, The company where i'm working for is working completely in a cloud environment. This means AzureAD nothing on prem. We are using Intune to deploy and configure pc's. No my question. How do i configure intune so the power button shows the option...
  10. windows 10. No option to put computer to sleep now that hibernate is enabled

windows 10. No option to put computer to sleep now that hibernate is enabled: Same issue as locked thread, had sleep before, but no hibernate, enabled hibernate in usual method, now have hibernate but no sleep.. Tried everything on other locked threads, sleep option is nowhere to be found. Completely stock, brand new HP Spectre 360 15" laptop.......