Windows 10: Cannot enable secure boot and core isolation at same time

Discus and support Cannot enable secure boot and core isolation at same time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am not able to enable secure boot and core isolation at the same time on my PC. I can enable either one of them (have the other one disabled), and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cym104, Mar 6, 2021.

1. /u/cym104 Win User

Cannot enable secure boot and core isolation at same time

I am not able to enable secure boot and core isolation at the same time on my PC.

I can enable either one of them (have the other one disabled), and Windows will boot properly.

But when I enable both of them, Windows will not boot and gets stuck on the spinning dots screen post-POST.

Ideas?

submitted by /u/cym104
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cym104, Mar 6, 2021
  2. Naresh_K Win User

core isolation disabled itself in bios on new computer

Hello Khynnea,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It can be the BIOS update released by your manufacturer through windows updates which might have changed the status from Enabled to disabled. However here are the steps to enable it again.

• Open start menu and search for Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Go to Device Security.
    • You will be able to find Core Isolation, please click on Core Isolation details.
    • Then you can turn it on.

Restart is restart is required for the changes to be effective. Please write back, if you need any further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Naresh Kumar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naresh_K, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Geneo Win User
    How do you enable the core isolation?

Cliff,

How do you enable the core isolation? I only see this in my security settings:

Cannot enable secure boot and core isolation at same time [​IMG]

Geneo, Mar 6, 2021
  4. shmu26 Win User

How do you enable the core isolation?

If I have Core isolation enabled, but Memory integrity toggled off, what does Core isolation actually do? I am asking because the security center still tells me that Core isolation is active even after I toggle Memory integrity off.
    Windows 10 pro x64 1803

shmu26, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot enable secure boot and core isolation at same time - Similar Threads - Cannot enable secure

2. Cannot enable Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Core Isolation: Windows 11 machine. I cannot enable Core Isolation. When I try, it tells me that I have incompatible drivers, but when I click the link to "review incompatible drivers", nothing is listed.I have tried removing connected devices and have updated my drivers. I have also tried a...
  3. Cannot enable Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Core Isolation: Windows 11 machine. I cannot enable Core Isolation. When I try, it tells me that I have incompatible drivers, but when I click the link to "review incompatible drivers", nothing is listed.I have tried removing connected devices and have updated my drivers. I have also tried a...
  4. Core Isolation not enabling!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core Isolation not enabling!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to enable memory integrity but I can't enable it due to incompatible drivers. The incompatible driver is my latest Graphics driver....
  5. Core Isolation not enabling!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Core Isolation not enabling!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to enable memory integrity but I can't enable it due to incompatible drivers. The incompatible driver is my latest Graphics driver....
  6. Core Isolation not enabling!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Should I enable/disable Core Isolation in Device Security?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should I enable/disable Core Isolation in Device Security?: Is Core Isolation in Device Security just for locked-down enterprise screens? Or does it provide meaningful security for a home/student user? I've read conflicting reports. So please describe your experience if you have an answer.From benchmarks I've seen, there can be a...
  8. Should I enable/disable Core Isolation in Device Security?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I enable/disable Core Isolation in Device Security?: Is Core Isolation in Device Security just for locked-down enterprise screens? Or does it provide meaningful security for a home/student user? I've read conflicting reports. So please describe your experience if you have an answer.From benchmarks I've seen, there can be a...
  9. Cannot enable core isolation memory intergrity

Cannot enable core isolation memory intergrity: [ATTACH]This happens to me. This was previously enabled didn't check for few months. when i checked it was turned off when i turn it on this message come. Previously it worked. never tried reinstalling windows and i'm busy to do it nowadays. Is this safe even if this is not...
  10. Dell Laptop Slower to Boot with Core Isolation Enabled

Dell Laptop Slower to Boot with Core Isolation Enabled: I have a Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop. I just updated to the latest consumer release of Windows 10 v1803 (17134.112). I've been experimenting with the new security feature Core Isolation (CI). The laptop (SSD based) does a cold boot in 15 secs with CI off. However, the boot...