Windows 10: Cannot encrypt.

Discus and support Cannot encrypt. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Bitlocker is listed in computer management but not in control panel. The other encryption I was referred to in Update and Security is not there... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Suzannebonjourshow, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Cannot encrypt.

Bitlocker is listed in computer management but not in control panel. The other encryption I was referred to in Update and Security is not there either and the system info reads "Device Encryption SupportReasons for failed automatic device encryption: Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected" I just did a fresh install and have no sleep button either which I have a separate question on.

:)

Suzannebonjourshow, Dec 28, 2020

2. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Encryption

Hello Miriam,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your devices page says it is not encrypted when you've turn on encryption, kindly answer these questions:

• Does this happen before you encrypt the device?
    • Which Windows version currently running on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for update.

Gerald Mal, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Cannot encrypt.

Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Cannot encrypt.

1. Cannot encrypt. - Similar Threads - Cannot encrypt

2. Documents folder cannot uncheck encryption.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder cannot uncheck encryption.: I recently added a file to my documents folder that I wanted to encrypt. However, somehow the entire folder now automatically encrypts any new files I create in it. This is NOT what I want, as I want to be able to access those files from a share on my workgroup.However, when...
  3. Documents folder cannot uncheck encryption.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder cannot uncheck encryption.: I recently added a file to my documents folder that I wanted to encrypt. However, somehow the entire folder now automatically encrypts any new files I create in it. This is NOT what I want, as I want to be able to access those files from a share on my workgroup.However, when...
  4. Documents folder cannot uncheck encryption.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Cannot remove encryption from D Partition in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot remove encryption from D Partition in Windows 10: Hello all,I have a weird situation here. I initially had a single drive C in This PC with Windows 10. I upgraded it to Windows 11. Then I created a new partition -> D. Later I wanted to roll back to Windows 10 and since that option was not available in the Settings, I did a...
  6. Cannot remove encryption from D Partition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove encryption from D Partition in Windows 10: Hello all,I have a weird situation here. I initially had a single drive C in This PC with Windows 10. I upgraded it to Windows 11. Then I created a new partition -> D. Later I wanted to roll back to Windows 10 and since that option was not available in the Settings, I did a...
  7. Cannot remove encryption from D Partition in Windows 10

8. computer failed and encrypted drive cannot be accessed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer failed and encrypted drive cannot be accessed: computer failed and encrypted drive cannot be accessed. Took SSD out of computer, printed out the bitlocker key but the drive cannot be accessed. Only drive that appears is a drive "A" but it is not the data and it stated that there is no file system. Looking at the...
  9. computer failed and encrypted drive cannot be accessed

computer failed and encrypted drive cannot be accessed: computer failed and encrypted drive cannot be accessed. Took SSD out of computer, printed out the bitlocker key but the drive cannot be accessed. Only drive that appears is a drive "A" but it is not the data and it stated that there is no file system. Looking at the...
  10. My Bitlocker encryption is stuck at 5% and i cannot pause it or restart it. Please Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bitlocker encryption is stuck at 5% and i cannot pause it or restart it. Please Help!: So i wanted to dualboot into ubuntu because its better to code there etc and my drive is bitlocker secured. So i disabled it in settings it started to go well. After almost 15 hours its still at the same percent as i felt asleep. I dont know what to do now so please help me!...