Windows 10: Cannot enter admin username & password

Discus and support Cannot enter admin username & password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dell Inspiron 13 5310 user here, I'm trying to uninstall a program and I keep getting this:It wouldn't let me take a screenshot, so I took one with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by levistep32, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Cannot enter admin username & password

Dell Inspiron 13 5310 user here, I'm trying to uninstall a program and I keep getting this:It wouldn't let me take a screenshot, so I took one with my phone. This is not unique to the specific program I'm trying to uninstall, this happens any time I try to do something that requires admin permissions. I've restarted my computer and the problem persists.

:)

levistep32, Mar 21, 2022
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 21, 2022
  3. Kol12 Win User
    Forgotten admin password.

Thanks guys. Just confirming that the instructions have worked and all of the account passwords are sorted out. Passwords have been stored securely so they won't be lost again!

One thing I noticed after creating the temp admin account is that you need to change it to a standard account afterwards otherwise it will be the primary admin account.

Kol12, Mar 21, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

Cannot enter admin username & password

Forgotten admin password.

To create an additional password-protected local Admin account if you are currently logged into an Admin account using this procedure -

[Note that at no stage of this procedure are you required to enter your current admin account password as long as you are signed in to it already]

• Start button,
    • Settings,
    • Accounts,
    • Family & other users,
    • [Other users section],
    • Add someone else to this PC,
    • I don't have this person's sign-in information,
    • Add a user without a Microsoft account,
    • Write down the username, password & security QnA bits that you are about to use [somewhere readily accessible yet secure from loss],
    • Enter a username, password & security QnA bits,
    • Back in the list of other accounts you can now see in Family & other users, [Other users section],
    • Click on the new account,
    • Click on Change account type,
    • Select the Administrator account type,
    • OK.

Denis

Thema:

Cannot enter admin username & password

1. Cannot enter admin username & password - Similar Threads - Cannot enter admin

2. "To continue, enter an admin username and password",

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "To continue, enter an admin username and password",: Hi, i have a problem with my pc. basicaly when i try to open a file with administrator privilages this shows up:"To continue, enter an admin username and password", and it does not have YES button or anything to insert administator username and password this is my own...
  3. "To continue, enter an admin username and password",

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "To continue, enter an admin username and password",: Hi, i have a problem with my pc. basicaly when i try to open a file with administrator privilages this shows up:"To continue, enter an admin username and password", and it does not have YES button or anything to insert administator username and password this is my own...
  4. Cannot access admin username and password ... a complicated case

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access admin username and password ... a complicated case: For weeks now I have been trying to solve this issue without success.Now I am in a panic because I have dropped one internet provider and am in the process of installing another. Many operations in the setup require my admin account.I am on Windows 11 and my story is...
  5. Cannot access admin username and password ... a complicated case

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access admin username and password ... a complicated case: For weeks now I have been trying to solve this issue without success.Now I am in a panic because I have dropped one internet provider and am in the process of installing another. Many operations in the setup require my admin account.I am on Windows 11 and my story is...
  6. Cannot enter admin username & password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enter admin username & password: Dell Inspiron 13 5310 user here, I'm trying to uninstall a program and I keep getting this:It wouldn't let me take a screenshot, so I took one with my phone. This is not unique to the specific program I'm trying to uninstall, this happens any time I try to do something that...
  7. Lost admin username and password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost admin username and password: I seem to have inadvertantly deleted my Admin username and password and am now unable to unable to uninstall any programs, log in to system restore or to re-set my computer. Attempting to do any of these produces the message "you do not have permission to uninstall/use this...
  8. "To continue, enter an admin username and password"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "To continue, enter an admin username and password": Recently this will pop up with a grayed out "yes" option on my computer when I do almost anything. I've had this computer for 5+ years and suddenly I've lost Administrator permissions. How to fix? (When it first happened, it was fixed when i restarted my laptop. Now that...
  9. How to enter admin username and password as administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enter admin username and password as administrator?: I sign in my microsoft account but I don't want to enter password everytime I boot my windows. And then I found a way using Netplwiz. I uncheck the option "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and restart my PC. But it doesn't work. Then I run...
  10. How to enter admin username and password as administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enter admin username and password as administrator?: I sign in my microsoft account but I don't want to enter password everytime I boot my windows. And then I found a way using Netplwiz. I uncheck the option "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and restart my PC. But it doesn't work. Then I run...