Windows 10: Cannot enter BIOS and/or boot menu

Discus and support Cannot enter BIOS and/or boot menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone can help me with a little situation that I'm having... So I want to do a complete fresh install of Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jordantorrano, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Cannot enter BIOS and/or boot menu

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a little situation that I'm having...

So I want to do a complete fresh install of Windows 10, but I'm having major difficulties.

I have used the Windows Media Creation Tool to make my bootable Windows 10 USB but I can't access any form of boot menu.

When my PC starts, it loads straight to the welcome screen. It used to show the ASUS logo screen with the 'press F2' etc. but I've only just now noticed that it's not showing any more. I don't even know how long it's been like that!

I've tried pressing Esc, all of the F keys (including F8 for Windows boot) and the delete key but all that happens when I press them is my screen stays black and Windows just does load and I have to turn off the machine.

I also cannot enter UEFI in advanced start up because for some reason I just don't have the option. I also don't have the boot from device option in advance start up either.

Fast start up is also disabled.

I have no idea how I can enter the BIOS or boot from the USB

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Screenshot of my system attached.

Many thanks in advance!

Jordan

Cannot enter BIOS and/or boot menu [​IMG]

Cannot enter BIOS and/or boot menu [​IMG]

:)

jordantorrano, Sep 6, 2019

2. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 will only boot if selected from the BIOS boot menu.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• You mean to say, every time you need to make changes to Boot Order in BIOS, to start your computer correctly?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suspect that the problem might be due to outdated BIOS update
    or with Boot Configuration data. Suggest you to check for the latest BIOS update and Chipset drivers for your device hardware on Manufacturer website. If you find a new one, try to update the same to see if it correct
    the issue. If problem still persist, then I suggest to rebuild Boot Configuration Data to see if it makes any difference.

Let us try to repair your computer by creating a Windows 10 Bootable media (I.e. USB or DVD) using
    Media Creation Tool.
    Use your computer or some other connected to Internet for creating a Bootable media (Windows 10 ISO image file). Once you're ready with Bootable Media, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Insert the Windows installation disc in the disc drive or connect USB media, and then start the computer.
    • Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.

If your PC does not detect the media automatically
      • During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
      • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order,
        Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
        Boot Order, then press Enter.
      • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press Enter. The boot order
        sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
      • Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click
      Next
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Select
      Advanced Options > Command Prompt
      under Advanced Options.
    • Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd, and then press
      ENTER.
      This command will rebuild boot configuration data if in case any issue with Boot files causing this issue.

Once you done with the above steps, see if the problem still persist.

Let us know how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Cannot enter BIOS and/or boot menu

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Cannot enter BIOS and/or boot menu

1. Cannot enter BIOS and/or boot menu - Similar Threads - Cannot enter BIOS

2. cannot access advanced boot to enter bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot access advanced boot to enter bios: I have tried multiple methods of entering advanced boot so I can change settings in bios but every time I try I'm left with a black screen. I've tried doing it direct through windows settings, holding left shift and restarting, and using command prompt but every time I'm left...
  3. cannot access advanced boot to enter bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot access advanced boot to enter bios: I have tried multiple methods of entering advanced boot so I can change settings in bios but every time I try I'm left with a black screen. I've tried doing it direct through windows settings, holding left shift and restarting, and using command prompt but every time I'm left...
  4. Related to BIOS boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Related to BIOS boot menu: I have downloaded ISO file from Microsoft site :- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISOAnd I used Rufus to make flash USB bootable drive.What is this error.Should I disable boot security....
  5. Unable to boot, nor enter safe mode, and it automatically enters BIOS setup. Exiting BIOS...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to boot, nor enter safe mode, and it automatically enters BIOS setup. Exiting BIOS...: As mentioned in the title, I'm in absolute shit show. The pc ran well hours ago and now suddenly I'm in this situation. I did install any softwares whatsover and did not recall doing any windows update. Please, if anyone knows what may have been the cause and how to fix it...
  6. Windows can not booting and can not enter BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows can not booting and can not enter BIOS: A few days ago I have an issue with my laptop's touchpadNot fixed yet. Now, my laptop can't booting, just stack at logo ASUS. I have tried to enter the BIOSF2, nothing displayed but black screen. Ussually, it required password to enter BIOS. Now, just blank. I searched on...
  7. Bios Boot menu problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Bios Boot menu problem.: my msconfig shows only windows option as below [img] But bcdedit /enum firmware shows ubuntu as below [img] Even after doing bcdedit /delete {identifier}, after reboot, bcdedit /enum firmware shows ubuntu. Bios also shows ubuntu option. I do not have ubuntu now in any...
  8. Cannot access Bios or Boot Menu during startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access Bios or Boot Menu during startup: I'm using a Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H motherboard and installed some DVD drives to rip music off of CDs. Doing so, the boot order got messed up and I was unable to get to the Boot Menu (F12 key) or the Bios (using the delete key). I tried a wired USB keyboard and tried using the...
  9. Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu: Belarc reports UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. P11-B2 Operating System: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1511 (build 10586.494) Installed: 4/27/2016 5:58:22 AM Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB) Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot. This is my brother’s computer:...
  10. keystroke(s) to enter BIOS/Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    keystroke(s) to enter BIOS/Boot Manager: Hallo first post here; I have a Linx 8 tablet running Windows 10, and despite several hours of web/forum trawling I cannot access my BIOS settings to view my boot manager, either through the Settings/Restart method, or in Safe Mode. I can get to a screen that lets me choose...