Windows 10: Cannot enter PIN on unlock screen

Discus and support Cannot enter PIN on unlock screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy. Recently, the unlock screen has the PIN field locked so I cannot enter my PIN to unlock Windows 10. I type the PIN anyhow. After a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RWalsman, Sep 25, 2018.

1. RWalsman Win User

Cannot enter PIN on unlock screen

I have an HP Envy. Recently, the unlock screen has the PIN field locked so I cannot enter my PIN to unlock Windows 10. I type the PIN anyhow. After a while, if I keep tapping the screen, it shows that it received the 4 digits, but then I wait again. Often it goes back so that I have to request to enter the PIN again. Occasionally, if I keep the screen from sleeping, it will let me into Windows. This happened only occasionally before, and I'd end up rebooting my PC. It's happening now every time the screen locks. I do not have this problem after a reboot, so far. What is wrong and how do I fix it?

:)

RWalsman, Sep 25, 2018

2. entering unlocking codes?

Hello DJ9928,

Here is my experience with entering network unlock code for LG Optimus 7:

1. Insert a SIM card from different mobile operator

2. Turn on your LG device

3. Device should display following message:

"This SIM card can only be used on specific networks. Contact your customer service center for the unlock code." enter PIN (was displayed on the screen)

4. Enter the specific network unlock code for your device (not the PIN)

5. Once the code has been validated your device should be without SIM lock

As you can see the important part is to enter the code when powering on the device with different SIM in step 4.

Sorry I can't comment on Service menu - it is not supported by Microsoft and should not be used unless you receive specific request from support engineer.

Best Regards

Martin V.

Martin V. - WP7 Support, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Opening screen, entering PIN

For some reason after updating to Win 10 Creator's Edition I now have to enter my PIN twice in order to proceed. First time merely returns me to the screen showing the "picture of the day". Have to enter pin second time to get past this and to my Desktop.

Started from first use of new edition.

Any suggestions on how to just enter PIN one time and proceed?

ArthurLevin, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Cannot enter PIN on unlock screen

Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times

I will try waiting several days as you did. When steps are suggested they aren't understanding that there are no choice...the screen just says you have entered the wrong pin too many times....that's all. Then restart your computer. No other choices are
    on the screen.

GeorgiaBailey, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Cannot enter PIN on unlock screen

1. Cannot enter PIN on unlock screen - Similar Threads - Cannot enter PIN

2. No internet and l cannot enter PIN number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet and l cannot enter PIN number: No internet so I can’t enter PIN number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-and-l-cannot-enter-pin-number/17b749b0-aff7-42fc-bd34-3748aa26023d
  3. Cannot enter Savemode - PIN not working cannot enter any

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enter Savemode - PIN not working cannot enter any: HiI can normal login into windows 11 with no issuesBut when i try to enter Safe mode , Windows says, something is wrong with the pin and I cannot enter any. Just can click to make a new PIN, but this also does not work. Windows wants after 2 tries to load an app from the app...
  4. Cannot enter Savemode - PIN not working cannot enter any

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enter Savemode - PIN not working cannot enter any: HiI can normal login into windows 11 with no issuesBut when i try to enter Safe mode , Windows says, something is wrong with the pin and I cannot enter any. Just can click to make a new PIN, but this also does not work. Windows wants after 2 tries to load an app from the app...
  5. Cannot unlock lock screen on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot unlock lock screen on laptop: Microsoft11Lock Screen cannot be opened … pin reset button not working.. and it’s asking for a password with hint angel and I don’t recall this information. Need to reset pin and password to open Lock Screen....
  6. Cannot unlock lock screen on laptop

Cannot unlock lock screen on laptop: Microsoft11Lock Screen cannot be opened … pin reset button not working.. and it’s asking for a password with hint angel and I don’t recall this information. Need to reset pin and password to open Lock Screen....
  7. Pin and Unlocking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin and Unlocking: So, I recently got a new laptop, and I thought the pin feature was very useful. However, when I got onto it the other day, it restarted every time I turned it on and asked for my password. When I try to turn the pin back on, Settings says "This option is currently...
  8. Pin and Unlocking

Pin and Unlocking: So, I recently got a new laptop, and I thought the pin feature was very useful. However, when I got onto it the other day, it restarted every time I turned it on and asked for my password. When I try to turn the pin back on, Settings says "This option is currently...
  9. can't enter a pin on hello pin creation screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can't enter a pin on hello pin creation screen: I have a brand new HP desktop that I've never been able to use. It first asks for a password which I'm able to key. Then it goes to a create a hello pin entry screen. It doesn't allow me to enter anything. If I cancel or try to get out of the screen, it displays a message...
  10. Windows Hello PIN to Unlock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello PIN to Unlock Screen: I have a Surface Book 2 Laptop. Was using facial recognition to open my locked screen. All of a sudden the computer started telling me that I couldn't open my locked screen without a Windows Hello PIN! I never installed Windows Hello nor can I install it because I use the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cannot enter pin

2. enter a1b2c3 below

3. CANNOT ENTER PIN TO UNLOCK LAPTOP

4. can not enter pin to unlock windows 10