Windows 10: Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

Discus and support Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903. Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by coopfab, Mar 4, 2020.

1. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

:)

coopfab, Mar 4, 2020

2. PC stuck in Safe mode, unable to boot to Normal mode.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What error do you get when you try to boot in normal mode?
    • Did you entered Safe mode through Windows Recovery Environment or through System Config?

I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press Windows key + R and type msconfig and hit enter.
    • On the General tab, tap or click the Normal Startup option.
    • On the Boot tab, uncheck all the option under Safe mode.
    • Tap or click OK, when you are prompted to restart the computer, tap or click Restart.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

1. Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally - Similar Threads - Cannot Enter Safe

2. Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode: I am having a very strange problem where my computer only freezes in safe mode but not during normal use. I was having some stuttering issues with a game so I decided to use DDU and reinstall my graphics driver. It's best to do this in safe mode, but every time my computer...
  3. Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode: I am having a very strange problem where my computer only freezes in safe mode but not during normal use. I was having some stuttering issues with a game so I decided to use DDU and reinstall my graphics driver. It's best to do this in safe mode, but every time my computer...
  4. Cannot boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot into safe mode: Hello. When I turn my computer on, it tells me it has run into a problem and needs to restart. It gives me this error code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO it then restarts and attempts to self-repair and invariably fails. I have tried all methods of booting into safe mode available...
  5. Cannot boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot into safe mode.: My computer starts up normally but when i try to boot into safe mode i get a black screen. No idea whats going on. I tried plugging hdmi cable directly into motherboard and it made no difference....
  6. Cannot interrupt windows boot to enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot interrupt windows boot to enter safe mode: I'm at a complete loss. I offered to help a friend unlock their Windows Tablet since they forgot all passwords. The only account available is the non-elevated administrator local account. After multiple failed attempts I had to reset the PC but upon finishing boot up it...
  7. I cannot enter in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot enter in safe mode: I cannot enter in safe mode and I need to take my system to a previous state since I lost some files after an update that I made. These are very important for my work. Could you please help me?...
  8. Cannot enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot enter safe mode: Hi, My Asus laptop is stuck in a startup repair loop while trying to fix error 0x80070091, I've tried following things: Use this guide: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums Use the option 'reset this pc' and tried to use 'system recovery' but all...
  9. Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode: In MSconfig I set windows to boot into safe mode, now it will not boot at all. Previously it booted into normal mode. I used a Windows recovery disc from which the only option that works is the command prompt. From the cmd prompt I can see all of C: drive and also run...
  10. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...: Good Evening, I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were...