Windows 10: cannot enter the product key

Discus and support cannot enter the product key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded the product key software to view the product key of my device then I entered the product key to activate windows, then the error message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dat_750, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Dat_750 Win User

cannot enter the product key

I downloaded the product key software to view the product key of my device then I entered the product key to activate windows, then the error message 0x803FA067 and content could not activate windows on this device because you don 't have a valid product key or digital license. If you think you do have a valid license in key select troubleshoot below even though I have troubleshoot many times

:)

Dat_750, Jan 4, 2019

2. i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Product Key 25-character

For you to reveal your product key, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt (admin).
    • Enter the following command:

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Hit Enter.
    • The product key will be revealed.

You can also contact the manufacturer of your computer since you have the Service tag number.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 4, 2019
  4. cannot enter the product key

Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

cannot enter the product key

1. cannot enter the product key - Similar Threads - cannot enter product

2. Problem with entering Product Key for Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with entering Product Key for Office: I recently reset my windows laptop. I had to reenter the Product Key for Office. I purchased this previously. I entered the Product Key and it says site cannot be reached. I hit reload and nothing. Troubleshooting does not reveal anything. I'm trying to gain access to some of...
  3. Problem with entering Product Key for Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with entering Product Key for Office: I recently reset my windows laptop. I had to reenter the Product Key for Office. I purchased this previously. I entered the Product Key and it says site cannot be reached. I hit reload and nothing. Troubleshooting does not reveal anything. I'm trying to gain access to some of...
  4. Unable to enter/change product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enter/change product key: Hello, I am trying to enter my product key to activate windows on my newly built PC. When I try to click the link/page to enter/change my product key, I receive an error and the link does not work. It causes my PC to crash and the settings menu freezes. I purchased a product...
  5. Unable to enter/change product key

Unable to enter/change product key: Hello, I am trying to enter my product key to activate windows on my newly built PC. When I try to click the link/page to enter/change my product key, I receive an error and the link does not work. It causes my PC to crash and the settings menu freezes. I purchased a product...
  6. LAST PRODUCT KEY ENTERED CANNOT BE USED FOR THIS COPY OF WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAST PRODUCT KEY ENTERED CANNOT BE USED FOR THIS COPY OF WINDOWS: I'm very grateful if someone tell me what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-product-key-entered-cannot-be-used-for-this/68f01086-e5a9-4511-b09f-b43ac8890603
  7. LAST PRODUCT KEY ENTERED CANNOT BE USED FOR THIS COPY OF WINDOWS

LAST PRODUCT KEY ENTERED CANNOT BE USED FOR THIS COPY OF WINDOWS: I'm very grateful if someone tell me what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-product-key-entered-cannot-be-used-for-this/68f01086-e5a9-4511-b09f-b43ac8890603
  8. LAST PRODUCT KEY ENTERED CANNOT BE USED FOR THIS COPY OF WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. The Product Key You Entered Didn't Work.Check The Product Key And Try Again,Or Enter A...

The Product Key You Entered Didn't Work.Check The Product Key And Try Again,Or Enter A...: I can't activate the serial key on my Windows 10 Prowith an error code:0xc0000022 whereas before it could, was this a virus malware? please answer me...
  10. Enter a Product key

Enter a Product key: I bought a labtop with window10 . I ran windows recovery to modify personal setting . Since then windows asks me to enter a product key . WHAT TO DO ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-a-product-key/db2c1a86-6b24-441a-b7b6-10eef32f0ed6"