Windows 10: Cannot establish remote connection to PC with user set up as an Office 365 / AzureAD user

Discus and support Cannot establish remote connection to PC with user set up as an Office 365 / AzureAD user in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Community, After following the advice from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/connect-to-remote-aadj-pc (as best... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TimProudlock, May 27, 2019.

1. Cannot establish remote connection to PC with user set up as an Office 365 / AzureAD user

Hi Microsoft Community,

After following the advice from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/connect-to-remote-aadj-pc (as best as I can), I have tried the following -

1. Enabled Network Level Authentication.

2. Added my user AzureAD\TimProudlock to the list of Remote Desktop Users.

However, whenever I try to remote connect to my PC using my iPad (either using Jump Desktop or Microsoft Remote Desktop) the connection fails. I'm using the credentials as follows -

Username: AzureAD\TimProudlock <as per the Remote Desktop Users screen>

Password: <Office 365 password, i.e. the one that allows me to log in on the PC>

I have checked the logs and the common error is that the user credentials are failing.

I have created a Local User Account as a test and am able to remote connect without any problems, so there is no firewall or security settings blocking a remote connection to the PC itself, but I cannot connect to the user account setup using Office 354 / AzureAD.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to get this to work?

Thank you,

Tim

:)

TimProudlock, May 27, 2019
  2. C.R.Allen Win User

Windows 10 Pro + Office365 AzureAD - Show specific users at login screen

When I setup my windows 10 pro local machine, I joined it to my office 365 AD which only has 2 users in it. I can login with either user and get some cool integration with AzureAD, but whenever I logout of one of the users (or the computer restarts), I can
    only see up to the previously logged in user, and not all users. Both users retain their home directory under C:\Users after logout.

How can I configure Windows 10 Pro to at least have a specific set of AzureAD logins available (2 in this case) to choose from for the logon screen?

C.R.Allen, May 27, 2019
  3. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, May 27, 2019
  4. Cannot establish remote connection to PC with user set up as an Office 365 / AzureAD user

duplicate users in office 365 account

in my office 365 account there are two duplicate users - how do i delete one?

JerryWhite1, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Cannot establish remote connection to PC with user set up as an Office 365 / AzureAD user

1. Cannot establish remote connection to PC with user set up as an Office 365 / AzureAD user - Similar Threads - Cannot establish remote

2. Remotely Connect to a User with no Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remotely Connect to a User with no Password: I want to connect to a computer with no password, but when I use the windows remote connection app, it tells me I need a password. But I can't enter a password because the PC I'm connecting to has no password. What should I do?...
  3. Customize Default Profile for AzureAD Users?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Default Profile for AzureAD Users?: Hello, Is there a way to customize the Default Profile for AzureAD Users? We have a Windows 10 image that we captured using CloneZilla Lite Server. That image was then configured by changing the settings, default apps, items pinned on Start menu and Taskbar, as well as...
  4. Setting up new computers with exiting office 365 business users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up new computers with exiting office 365 business users: I bought new laptops for our small org. We have office 365 log ins. Why won't microsoft recognise those accounts to let me set up the laptops? I then set it up with a phone number but it still won't let me add those org office 365 accounts as users. Help please and why is...
  5. Office 365 Home 5 users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office 365 Home 5 users: I currently have Office 365 Personal. Office 365 Home allows up to 5 users. Does that mean I can have up to 5 computers that back up data to the OneDrive cloud storage? I do not want to sync between computers. On my current plan I logged into OneDrive on 2 computers and...
  6. duplicate users in office 365 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplicate users in office 365 account: in my office 365 account there are two duplicate users - how do i delete one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/duplicate-users-in-office-365-account/03236fdd-3c5c-4d9b-9797-0bcf38f18669
  7. duplicate user accounts in office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplicate user accounts in office 365: in my office 365 home subscription i have two users - ones i have shared with - accounts -- how do i correct this?...
  8. Updates to the Office 365 user experience

in Windows 10 News
    Updates to the Office 365 user experience: Technology is changing the way people get things done. We’ve picked up the pace. Our work is more collaborative. And we’re blurring the boundaries of time and place. When we ask customers why they continue to choose Office for their most important work, they tell us that they...
  9. Cannot set up new user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot set up new user: I recently bought a Lenovo laptop that came preinstalled with Windows 10. Went through the set up process, using an admin login that was not a Microsoft account. Several folks need to use this computer and when I try to set up a new user, first I get a black box with nothing...
  10. Office 365 multiple users

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 multiple users: I know this is a Mac OS question but I feel I have more chance of a good answer on here. It relates to our home subscription of office 365. On windows 10 it works great, one install slot but office 365 applications available to all users of the pc. On Mac a different story,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connection between azuread and microsoft office