Windows 10: Cannot Event Log files - Cannot set properties using wevtutil

Discus and support Cannot Event Log files - Cannot set properties using wevtutil in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After I upgraded Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro 1903, I cannot read the event log file using event viewer. We get an error message 1338 security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gregmilich, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Cannot Event Log files - Cannot set properties using wevtutil

After I upgraded Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro 1903, I cannot read the event log file using event viewer.

We get an error message 1338 security descriptor invalid.

Looking into the issue, discovered the event log files do not have any channel access (security descriptor info) entries. When I run wevtutil gl logname, channel access is empty. I assume that is the problem?

When I try to set the SD using wevtutil sl logname /channelaccess:SD the command completes successfully, but when I look at the channel access value after the command completes using wevtutil gl logname, the channel access is empty.

In addition, using wevtutil sl no values can be changed, command completes successfully but the values don't appear to be updated

Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

:)

gregmilich, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Clearing Administrative Events Log in Windows10

How To Clear Administrative Events Log

The Administrative Events log (listed under Custom Views) in the Event Viewer is a Filter that contains all of the event from the System, Security and Application event logs.

You can either clear these individual logs, or use the instructions below to clear all the event logs.

To Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

cmd shell solution:

PowerShell solution:

Source How to Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

To Clear Individual Event Viewer Logs in Event Viewer

Source How to Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

DavidPostill, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Baddog Win User

Cannot Event Log files - Cannot set properties using wevtutil

huge event log ,how can i fix it?

Try this:

1. Go to Search, type powershell, right click on PowerShell and choose Run as administrator
    2. Enter the following line into PowerShell and press Enter:
      • wevtutil el | Foreach-Object {wevtutil cl “$_”}
      • This did not remove all but some. *Cool

Baddog, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Cannot Event Log files - Cannot set properties using wevtutil

1. Cannot Event Log files - Cannot set properties using wevtutil - Similar Threads - Cannot Event Log

2. Cannot Log In Using Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Log In Using Pin: I am unable to log into my laptop using my pin or any other method. My keypad and peripherals also appear to be disabled and cannot use them to type. It also indicates that 'Something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to set-up your pin again." If I choose 'I...
  3. Cannot Log In Using Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Log In Using Pin: I am unable to log into my laptop using my pin or any other method. My keypad and peripherals also appear to be disabled and cannot use them to type. It also indicates that 'Something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to set-up your pin again." If I choose 'I...
  4. Cannot log in to File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in to File Explorer: I notice on File Explorer that it says to me, please sign in.So I try and I get the attached:It isn't possible to get the account.live.com page to load, for whatever reason, so I go to: https://account.microsoft.com/ instead. Assuming this is the correct place to have gone, I...
  5. Cannot log in to File Explorer

Cannot log in to File Explorer: I notice on File Explorer that it says to me, please sign in.So I try and I get the attached:It isn't possible to get the account.live.com page to load, for whatever reason, so I go to: https://account.microsoft.com/ instead. Assuming this is the correct place to have gone, I...
  6. Cannot edit file properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot edit file properties: I am unable to edit the file properties of MP3 files that I have downloaded off the internet. I used to be able to edit them to my heart's content, adding the song's title and artists to help organize them better, but now whenever I download them, the vast majority of them I...
  7. Cannot edit file properties

Cannot edit file properties: I am unable to edit the file properties of MP3 files that I have downloaded off the internet. I used to be able to edit them to my heart's content, adding the song's title and artists to help organize them better, but now whenever I download them, the vast majority of them I...
  8. Cannot log into Microsoft Account in Settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log into Microsoft Account in Settings: I am signed in using a Local Account, as Administrator, in Settings>Accounts>Your Info.I choose the option "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead."I enter name and password I know they are correct - I am signed in to this website using that name/pw.I get the following...
  9. Cannot Change File Properties on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Change File Properties on Windows 10: I recently rebuilt my Windows 10 PC. I have copied my music library for Windows Media Player back on to the PC. Obviously there would be a few items that would need fixing afterwards. However, I cannot make any changes to the file and folders involved. I need to change...
  10. These files properties cannot be read so it cannot be added using Microsoft Photo via Video...

in Windows 10 Customization
    These files properties cannot be read so it cannot be added using Microsoft Photo via Video...: I am using Windows 10 and I came across this issue with Video Editor. I cannot even make it work anymore. I didn't understand why. My original video looks so good. It runs 1920x1080p native resolution. However, I decided to add a folder in Collections and add the video and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event viewer exe

2. windows 10 event viewer the security descriptor structure is invalid 1338