Windows 10: Cannot exit safemode and forgot password

Discus and support Cannot exit safemode and forgot password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, So I went in for msconfid setting and upon restart it has gone into safe mode and I dont remember the password. I tried shift+restart and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GayathriPanikar, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Cannot exit safemode and forgot password

Hello,

So I went in for msconfid setting and upon restart it has gone into safe mode and I dont remember the password. I tried shift+restart and opted for safe mode with networking or safe mode with command prompt but nothing seemed to work

Everything I do seems to require a password.please help asap

:)

GayathriPanikar, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Windows 10 Password problem in safemode

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages aside from password incorrect?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far, after being stuck in safemode sign in screen?
    • What are you trying to do when you enter safemode with networking through msconfig?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Jun 4, 2020
  3. kysg Win User
    Forgot password....

No can't be changed, unless you can access the admin account in safemode.

you can also try ERD commander.

but that is in the case if the password is for OS

if its a bios password you would have to try to reset the bios by using a jumper.
    Or getting a master password from the manufacturer

kysg, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Winuser Win User

Cannot exit safemode and forgot password

Networking in Safemode

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the adapter and it didn't work. I tried another suggestion I found doing a search. They suggested to click on the Network Icon before booting in to Safemode and connecting to the adapter. The only thing listed was Airplane mode. I guess Windows 10 will not initialize a wireless adapter in Safemode.

Winuser, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Cannot exit safemode and forgot password

1. Cannot exit safemode and forgot password - Similar Threads - Cannot exit safemode

2. How do I exit safemode even if it cant accept my password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I exit safemode even if it cant accept my password?: I tried accessing safemode but now I can't exit it and whats worse is that its not accepting my password so I'm stuck at the sign in, I tried to reset the PC and its still on safemode, can anyone help me?* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Forgot Password. Cannot sign in with PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot Password. Cannot sign in with PIN: so when I shut down my laptop, I came back to it and tried to login with my pin. it says "your password has been changed on a different device. you must sign in to this device once your with your new password, and then you can sign in with your pin.To reset my password, i...
  4. Can't exit from safemode

Can't exit from safemode: I am not too good with my english and dont have much knowledge of technology , so bear with me. I was trying to fix a screen flicker, i went to google search on how to fix it and the first step was to enter safe mode, i followed the steps on how to enter and i used the...
  5. Login password in safemode

Login password in safemode: Hi all, Yesterday I had a keyboard error. Started the laptop in safe mode but was unaware that I would need to use my Microsoft password, rather than the usual login pin. I have no idea what that password is, I have tried everything I can think of but with no success. I...
  6. Safemode and password not working

Safemode and password not working: I put my laptop into safe mode while trying to run some checks it asks for my password which is incorrect apparently tried everything from ctrl and restart but keeps asking for my password before it takes another action, I have alot of music and photos which I'm not willing...
  7. Forgot my password in safemode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgot my password in safemode: Hi. I tried to reinstall my graphics drivers and rebooted accidentally to some safemode. I've allways used the pin to sign in but there's no option for that. No option for resetting password or anything. My pc doesent connect to internet even its through LAN. I changed my Ms...
  8. In safemode password not respond

In safemode password not respond: I went to the safe mode by win+R , msconfig ,tab 2 ,safe mode , 1st option And now im stuck in the sign in screen and I try my password and it said it is incorrect !! I know my password is correct because I signed in when I installed my windows to my MS account any way...
  9. Cannot Boot To Safemode

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Boot To Safemode: Windows 10, 64bit, Updates are current After backing up my system OS drive, the PC will not boot anymore. It gave me the bluescreen error of " EUBKMON.sys ". This error was caused by Easeus Backup software and according to the fix, I will need to boot to Safe Mode and...
  10. Exiting safemode

in Windows 10 Support
    Exiting safemode: I used crotona(sorry if thats wrong) to get to msconfig, changed boot mode to safe & now that i did what i had to i cant get msconfig back. I type in crotona box now but it doesnt respond... HELP!!!!!!! 55894