Windows 10: Cannot extend system partition after cloning system to larger drive

Discus and support Cannot extend system partition after cloning system to larger drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After using an image cloning software to clone my system from a 120 gb ssd to a 500 gb ssd, the partition for the system stays the same, and the option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EvanYao, Aug 4, 2019.

1. EvanYao Win User

Cannot extend system partition after cloning system to larger drive

After using an image cloning software to clone my system from a 120 gb ssd to a 500 gb ssd, the partition for the system stays the same, and the option to extend volume in disk manager is greyed out.

How do I make it so that my system partition uses the full 500 gb of free space that my new drive has?

:)

EvanYao, Aug 4, 2019
  2. qinada Win User

Extend System Drive but recovery partition is in the way.

In this case, you can use a freeware to extend system drive. Many software can do this work, like easeus, acronis and AOEMI Partition. As for me, I use AOMEI for 2 years, so far, it works fine. Two Solutions to Extend System Partition in Windows 7 to Unallocated Space

qinada, Aug 4, 2019
  3. DigitalD Win User
    Extend System Drive but recovery partition is in the way.

I just replaced my system drive with a bigger drive. Worked fine, but now I can't extend the partition because the free space is not contiguous. I have a System Reserved (350MB), C-Drive/healthy/boot/etc (297GB), Recovery Partition (450MB), Unallocated (167GB).
    So when I right click on C-Drive, expand partition is greyed out. I assume it's because the unallocated space is not contiguous.

I'm running windows 10. Anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this and make one single system drive?

DigitalD, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Cannot extend system partition after cloning system to larger drive

how to extend system partition in window10

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Right click the System volume and click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Cannot extend system partition after cloning system to larger drive

1. Cannot extend system partition after cloning system to larger drive - Similar Threads - Cannot extend system

2. I cannot extend my primary partition on my C drive because of an EFI System partition being...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot extend my primary partition on my C drive because of an EFI System partition being...: Good afternoonat the time of typing this!So basically what is happening is that I'm trying to extend my primary partition on my C drive to claim back 62gb of unused/unallocated storage. But there is a problem. There's an EFI System partition in the way that I can do...
  3. I cannot extend my primary partition on my C drive because of an EFI System partition being...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot extend my primary partition on my C drive because of an EFI System partition being...: Good afternoonat the time of typing this!So basically what is happening is that I'm trying to extend my primary partition on my C drive to claim back 62gb of unused/unallocated storage. But there is a problem. There's an EFI System partition in the way that I can do...
  4. Cloning System Partition, Recreating EFI & Recovery partitions......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning System Partition, Recreating EFI & Recovery partitions......: This guide is intended for educational purposes only.A fresh and clean installation is always the best thing to do, because in addition to a bug-free Windows experience, everything outside the Windows environment like the EFI partition, Recovery partition, and overall system...
  5. Cloning System Partition, Recreating EFI & Recovery partitions......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloning System Partition, Recreating EFI & Recovery partitions......: This guide is intended for educational purposes only.A fresh and clean installation is always the best thing to do, because in addition to a bug-free Windows experience, everything outside the Windows environment like the EFI partition, Recovery partition, and overall system...
  6. Copying the system partition without cloning as such?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Copying the system partition without cloning as such?: I need to replace the SSD with the Windows partition on it because it is dying. The problem is that when I try to make a copy of the system, the image fails an integrity check, presumably because the SSD hardware itself is a bit messed up. I've tried using both AOMEI...
  7. C drive partition cannot be extended and System labelled partition cannot be formatted

C drive partition cannot be extended and System labelled partition cannot be formatted: Hello, I would like to extend my partition to cover the system labelled partition and an unallocated partition all lying on the right of the C drive respectively. The option to extend the C partition is Grayed out. I think the System labelled partition is restricting me Note:...
  8. Is it safe to extend System Reserved partition?

Is it safe to extend System Reserved partition?: My System Reserved partition almost run out of space. I want to extend it via Disk Management, but I'm not sure if it is safe. Are it is safe to extend my System Reserved partition via Disk Management? Sorry if my words are not quite right...
  9. Cloning System Partitions Only Without Destroying Data On Clone Drive

Cloning System Partitions Only Without Destroying Data On Clone Drive: I am trying to clone only System partitions from a 1TB SSD to a 4TB SSD that has 2 partitions filled with data but enough free space at its beginning to host the System partitions . 1st attempt I tried the copy System partitions only on Minitool Partition Wizard but was...
  10. Macrium Reflect: No operating system found after partition cloning

Macrium Reflect: No operating system found after partition cloning: My objective is to have a windows 10 clone on a different disk in order to be able to continue working immediately in case of a disk failure. 1)Using Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 (1909), I cloned the windows partition (which is on a GPT disk) to partition J found on another...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cloned to large drive cant extend c drive