Windows 10: Cannot extend un-allocated space

Discus and support Cannot extend un-allocated space in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If I may make a suggestion, when you receive software updates for all your 3rd party programs start saving the installers, and get ahold of any drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ninetailz, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Ninetailz Win User

Cannot extend un-allocated space

Well i have yet to backup, i will backup first then do that

Ninetailz, Sep 27, 2015
  2. Cliff S New Member

There is no rush to do it as long as everything is functioning well and you have a working system.
    I waited a while then prepared everything, made a pot of coffee, then spent about 2 hours and was finished. To help speedup a re- or clean install to get the same desktop as before, let windows sync all your settings, that's one of my favorite features on 8 & 10, as it saves about an hours work*Smile. Important with 10 is get your video driver before hand, so you can install it right away, to be able to see everything else better in the correct resolution for your screen.

Cliff S, Sep 27, 2015
  3. NavyLCDR New Member
    The only problem with deleting the recovery partition is that you cannot reset your system without having a Windows 10 install media - which you should have anyway because if your hard drive goes bad, so does the recovery partition on that hard drive Cannot extend un-allocated space :).

So, incorporating what Cliff S said. There are two ways to maintain a good backup. 1 is to have a Windows 10 install USB or DVD available, and to have your data and programs backed up separately. The other is just to keep a complete system image backup and a rescue disk/USB that can restore the complete system image. (Such as Macrium Reflect Free). When you restore the system image, the Windows that was installed also gets restored with the image.

Personally, I have both. I have a Windows 10 install USB and a full system image on an external hard drive (second, internal hard drive would also work).

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot extend un-allocated space

1. Cannot extend un-allocated space - Similar Threads - Cannot extend allocated

2. i cannot extend C: volume, i have 500gb available on the drive, un-allocated how can i...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i cannot extend C: volume, i have 500gb available on the drive, un-allocated how can i...: I am running out of space on my C: drive, I have 500gb un-allocated on the drive, but the Extend Volume on C: is greyed out , I cannot access it how do I extend C:....?? please help.......
  3. Not able to convert un-allocated space to free space in windows 10 ?

Not able to convert un-allocated space to free space in windows 10 ?: I have two disk.disk 0 Hdd 1Tbdisk 1 Ssd 240 GbI am making dual boot by installing ubuntu. I follow normal guide of dual booting. I created un-allocated space of 60 GB in disk 1 for ubuntu. But in process of installing It should have free space but it shows that un-allocated...
  4. Not able to convert un-allocated space to free space in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to convert un-allocated space to free space in windows 10 ?: I have two disk.disk 0 Hdd 1Tbdisk 1 Ssd 240 GbI am making dual boot by installing ubuntu. I follow normal guide of dual booting. I created un-allocated space of 60 GB in disk 1 for ubuntu. But in process of installing It should have free space but it shows that un-allocated...
  5. Not able to convert un-allocated space to free space in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to allocate space on one disk to another disk to extend the C:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allocate space on one disk to another disk to extend the C:: My laptop came with 1TB of space but the majority of it is in the D: drive. I have tried looking everywhere for how to extend the C drive. These are the things I've tried to do/ looked at doing:-I can't extend the partition because the space is on disk 1 whereas C: is on disk...
  7. How to allocate space on one disk to another disk to extend the C:

How to allocate space on one disk to another disk to extend the C:: My laptop came with 1TB of space but the majority of it is in the D: drive. I have tried looking everywhere for how to extend the C drive. These are the things I've tried to do/ looked at doing:-I can't extend the partition because the space is on disk 1 whereas C: is on disk...
  8. How to allocate space on one disk to another disk to extend the C:

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Allocating Disk Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allocating Disk Space: I allocated 1 terabyte to PopOS but I decided I don't like it much. How do I reallocate the space back to windows? submitted by /u/Lawfulness_Negative [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k102ok/allocating_disk_space/
  10. Cannot Extend Disk in to Unallocated space

Cannot Extend Disk in to Unallocated space: [ATTACH] I want to extend D: into the 74gigs of Unallocated space. If i **** the drive by making it Dynamic how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-extend-disk-in-to-unallocated-space/54319428-4838-41cd-bda6-3600734680fb"