Windows 10: Cannot factory reset running windows to go

Discus and support Cannot factory reset running windows to go in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I go to factory reset my well I thought my windows 10 pc but it pops up with error message saying you are running windows to go. Is there anyway to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FishCrawley, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Cannot factory reset running windows to go

I go to factory reset my well I thought my windows 10 pc but it pops up with error message saying you are running windows to go. Is there anyway to bypass this?

:)

FishCrawley, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Feb 23, 2021
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Feb 23, 2021
  4. swat354 Win User

Cannot factory reset running windows to go

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Cannot factory reset running windows to go

1. Cannot factory reset running windows to go - Similar Threads - Cannot factory reset

2. Factory reset screen going black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory reset screen going black: I forgot the password to my computer and so I’ve been trying to factory reset it from the login screen but when I go to troubleshoot, resent this pc, remove everything the screen just turns black and nothing happens and it doesn’t factory reset and dosent let me click all...
  3. Factory reset screen going black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset screen going black: I forgot the password to my computer and so I’ve been trying to factory reset it from the login screen but when I go to troubleshoot, resent this pc, remove everything the screen just turns black and nothing happens and it doesn’t factory reset and dosent let me click all...
  4. Surface Laptop Go Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop Go Factory Reset: Hello. I converted my Laptop Go from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home. If I do a factory reset will that convert it back to Windows 10 S?Appreciate any assistance. * Moved from Community Center...
  5. Surface Laptop Go Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Laptop Go Factory Reset: Hello. I converted my Laptop Go from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home. If I do a factory reset will that convert it back to Windows 10 S?Appreciate any assistance. * Moved from Community Center...
  6. Surface Laptop Go Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Cannot factory reset laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot factory reset laptop: Laptop has been stuck on the Blue Screen of Death-Automatic Repair loop for almost a day. I cannot boot normally,, or into Safe mode. I can get into BIOS and the WinRE menus. Automatic repair does not work. Despite having them, I apparently have no recovery points. I can't...
  8. Surface go cannot factory reset

Surface go cannot factory reset: I hahe a surface go and its been being alot slowing and has alot less space, so i decided to factory reset it since 90% of the thinfs on there are junk; i go to do that but when resetting it said it ran into a problem and undid all the changes. I also tried repairing but it...
  9. how to go factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to go factory reset: How to go to factory reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-go-factory-reset/a8956dad-969c-4037-a3d4-2012e2fe291b
  10. Windows 10 cannot factory reset

Windows 10 cannot factory reset: So I'm having a few issues. Recently sent laptop away for repair as it wasnt charging. When it was fixed it had been wiped so resigned in with new Microsoft account as forgot my old sign in details. (live regional so took a while for it to be sent off and returned etc) No...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant initiate because windows to go