Windows 10: Cannot find 5ghz wifi all of a sudden

Discus and support Cannot find 5ghz wifi all of a sudden in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was using my 5ghz wifi yesterday when I lost connection entirely, it has now been around 24 hours and I cannot see it in the network settings. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ConnorFranck, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Cannot find 5ghz wifi all of a sudden

I was using my 5ghz wifi yesterday when I lost connection entirely, it has now been around 24 hours and I cannot see it in the network settings. My room-mates and my own phone can all connect easily and I have tried all the recommendations on the microsoft site and on others on how to fix it. I have run troubleshooters numerous times, restarted both my laptop and the router multiple times. nothing is working and it is very frustrating.

:)

ConnorFranck, Aug 7, 2020
  2. Alfie1909 Win User

5GHz Wifi

Hello. I want to connect to 5GHz wifi, but its not showing up in the connection list. I've done a bit of research and my laptop should be able to connect to the 5GHz band.

Alfie1909, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Arily Win User
    5ghz wifi not showing windows 10

I just got a new modem/router and it has a 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi connections...Only the 2.4ghz shows in the wifi list while the 5ghz isn't showing at all. My computer's network card does support the 5ghz and I know the 5ghz is working because I can connect to it from other devices...just not my desktop computer.

EDIT: I've attempted updating network driver, also resetting network in the settings menu. Both hasn't worked.

Arily, Aug 7, 2020
  4. John Calm Win User

Cannot find 5ghz wifi all of a sudden

Cannot connect to any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz wifi with password

Hello.

This is my first time trying to ask for tech help since the search button was always my teacher but seems I'm out of inspiration.

I fresh installed W10 to my laptop YEPO 737a and for some strange reason I can't connect to any of the multiple wifi I've tried (home, work, phone) unless it is a 5Ghz open wifi. The message I see is "Can't connect to this network" so I tried to find other's
    solution but to no avail. In the end what I found out is:

• 2.4Ghz and password: Not connecting
    • 2.4Ghz and open: Not connecting
    • 5Ghz and password: Not connecting
    • 5Ghz and open: connecting normaly

I thought it was drivers, so I manually updated them but still nothing

The device is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

Thanks in advance

John Calm, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Cannot find 5ghz wifi all of a sudden

1. Cannot find 5ghz wifi all of a sudden - Similar Threads - Cannot find 5ghz

2. Wifi all of a sudden rubbish

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi all of a sudden rubbish: Hello, So I used to have very quick Wi-Fi on my pc up to 60mb download speed but all of a sudden it is rubbish barely reacting 5mb download speed and I’m not sure why could anyone help me get it back to its original speed. I know it’s not to do with my router as it’s fine on...
  3. Wifi 5ghz signal

Wifi 5ghz signal: Hi, I have a laptop with a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter recently, Couple months ago my laptop was fine running 3 bars averaging 45-50mbps all of a sudden my WIFI disconnected. It came back on with no problems however I now run at 1 bar 5-10mbps while my...
  4. Cannot connect to 5ghz wifi

Cannot connect to 5ghz wifi: Brand new pc. Started downloading and installing everything I needed when I lost connection to my home wifi. Did some quick attempts at trouble shooting. was able to get connected to the 2.4ghz band but whenever I try to connect the 5ghz band it just says that it is...
  5. 5ghz wifi connection

5ghz wifi connection: Hello my wifi adapter is realtek rtl8188ee wireless lan 802.11n pci-e nic this do it support 5ghz wifi connection if yes how can I enable it when I do in device manager and for to network adapter and to to wireless lan and click advantage and try to enable 5 ghz connection...
  6. Cannot detect 5Ghz Wifi

Cannot detect 5Ghz Wifi: My Asus Zenbook UX305CA used to be able to connect to 5Ghz wifi router but ever since the lastest update from Windows 10. It no longer can detect 5Ghz wifi signal but only 2.4Ghz. I have googled for the solution but none seems to be able to solve my problem. I am using...
  7. WiFi 5Ghz

WiFi 5Ghz: Just connected to the NBN (Optus) and received a Sagecom L: [email protected] HP Modem.Router. No problems there but my Toshiba Qosmio Laptop will not pick up the 5ghz band only the 2.4Ghz...All my other devices pick up the 5Ghz. I ran a cmd prompt netsh wlan show drivers...
  8. My computer suddenly cannot find my WiFi

My computer suddenly cannot find my WiFi: My computer has previously been connecting to the internet but now suddenly cannot find the WiFi. I am sitting right beside the modem and it is working correctly (my phone and my partner's computer connect correctly). When I use the trouble shooter it asks me to select a...
  9. Windows 10 not able to find 5ghz wifi.

Windows 10 not able to find 5ghz wifi.: Hello everyone, I have Dell Inspiron N5110 with Windows 10 (64 bit). I have Airtel 100 mbps connection. When I can connect my laptop with LAN cable I can use the speed of 100 Mbps but while I use it on WiFi I can only see the 2.5 ghz connection on that speed is very poor...
  10. Windows 10 cannot detected 5GHZ wifi

Windows 10 cannot detected 5GHZ wifi: Hello, i have issues with unable to locate my 5ghz wifi on my windows 10 computer, tried different options from the windows support community but all does not help, or do not even have the option on my computer. i even called windows support but all does not help. right now i...