Windows 10: Cannot find a file I just downloaded?

Discus and support Cannot find a file I just downloaded? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently exported a video file I've been editing. It went fine, the folder popped up at the end and I quickly watched the video. I then closed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Joseph Griffiths1, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Cannot find a file I just downloaded?

I recently exported a video file I've been editing. It went fine, the folder popped up at the end and I quickly watched the video. I then closed the applications and went straight to Youtube to start it uploading, only to find it wasn't in the folder I put it in. It was on my recent files tab, but when I try to play it I get a 0x80070002 error code and tells me the file has been moved and can't be found, even though it says it is still in the file I put it into. Anyone have any ideas where it would have been moved to or how I get it back?

:)

Joseph Griffiths1, Aug 11, 2022

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Aug 11, 2022
  3. monim1 Win User
    EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Aug 11, 2022
  4. Luka KLLP Win User

Cannot find a file I just downloaded?

Finding .IMG or .ISO file in Windows 8.1 Pro download

Hey guys,

In preparation for my new PC I downloaded Windows 8.1 Pro from Dreamspark, and I wanted to burn it to a DVD, so I can install it on the new PC.
    However, in the downloaded files I can't find a .IMG or .ISO file anywhere. I understood that the .IMG file is the one you need to burn to the DVD?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Luka KLLP, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

Cannot find a file I just downloaded?

1. Cannot find a file I just downloaded? - Similar Threads - Cannot find file

2. i just purchased PDF but can't find a download for it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i just purchased PDF but can't find a download for it.: I just purchased PDF program. It says to get the download information in the order history. There's nothing there except the purchase info. How do I download the PDF program?...
  3. i just purchased PDF but can't find a download for it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i just purchased PDF but can't find a download for it.: I just purchased PDF program. It says to get the download information in the order history. There's nothing there except the purchase info. How do I download the PDF program?...
  4. I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location: I'm moving all my files so I can install a new SSD. I created one file "To Store" on my desktop with some files. I created another file "to Store" and moved it to the desktop. I looked at the desktop and found the second file isn't there. Or anywhere. What do I do? I have no...
  5. I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location: I'm moving all my files so I can install a new SSD. I created one file "To Store" on my desktop with some files. I created another file "to Store" and moved it to the desktop. I looked at the desktop and found the second file isn't there. Or anywhere. What do I do? I have no...
  6. I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location

7. Cannot find a file I just downloaded?

Cannot find a file I just downloaded?: I recently exported a video file I've been editing. It went fine, the folder popped up at the end and I quickly watched the video. I then closed the applications and went straight to Youtube to start it uploading, only to find it wasn't in the folder I put it in. It was on my...
  8. Cannot find a file I just downloaded?

Cannot find a file I just downloaded?: I recently exported a video file I've been editing. It went fine, the folder popped up at the end and I quickly watched the video. I then closed the applications and went straight to Youtube to start it uploading, only to find it wasn't in the folder I put it in. It was on my...
  9. Windows cannot find any of my downloaded files

Windows cannot find any of my downloaded files: Whenever I try to open any of my downloaded files I get this error message. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-any-of-my-downloaded-files/a0bdb72c-5e99-4d70-a98a-973f23f28b62
  10. Windows cannot find a program I just installed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows cannot find a program I just installed: I just installed the free version of IObit DriverBooster 6.2.00 (on Windows 10 Pro v1709). After the installation finished, I attempted to run the program and received an error message that reads: Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Driver...