Windows 10: Cannot find and delete share

Discus and support Cannot find and delete share in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is a strange problem. I have two Win 10 Pro 1903 PCs on my home network. The first is a laptop named Bill4. The second is a desktop named... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bazsl, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Bazsl Win User

Cannot find and delete share

This is a strange problem. I have two Win 10 Pro 1903 PCs on my home network. The first is a laptop named Bill4. The second is a desktop named Desktop2. Both are logged into my Microsoft account. On Desktop2 in File Explorer under This PC is an entry labeled C on Bill4. Clicking on this entry does provide full access to the root of C: on Bill4. This entry is not a mapped drive because it has no drive letter assigned and when I right click there is no Disconnect entry.

1) How do I remove the C on Bill4 entry from File Explorer in Desktop2.

The second problem is that the C: drive on Bill4 is not shared. Therefore, I do not understand how Desktop2 can have any access to the C: drive on Bill4. The Sharing tab in the Properties dialog for C: on Bill4 shows that the drive is not shared. In File Explorer on Desktop2 expanding the Network entry shows Bill4 but double clicking the Bill4 entry does not show any shared resources on Bill4.

2) How can I find the setting on Bill4 that allows Desktop2 to have access to the root of C: on Bill4 and disable it. This must be fixed since it is a huge security hole. Deleting the admin share C$ did not help.

I have had both Bill4 and Desktop2 for a long time. Both originally came with Win 7 Pro and have been upgraded over the years to Win 10 Pro 1903. I am sure that I created this problem sometime in the far past, probably when both machines were running Win 7 Pro, but I don't know how or when. Desktop2 has been unused for several years and I just set it up as a file and media server and discovered the problem. I don't know what to do next to solve the problem so any help or suggestions will be appreciated. I have tried to provide a detailed explanation but pleas ask questions if I have not been clear. Thanks.

:)

Bazsl, Jul 23, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jul 23, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot find and delete share - Similar Threads - Cannot find delete

2. I cannot find shared items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot find shared items in Windows 10: I have an issue when sharing items in Windows 10. When I share a file or folder by right-click > give access to > Specific people, I can see the Users folder in the list of shares, but not the individual file or folder I shared. Example: I want to share this folder:...
  3. Cannot find, delete & re-build autorun.inf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find, delete & re-build autorun.inf: Hello, I need assist on how to fix my External Drive labels.Few days ago my External Drive was hijacked by worms and my autorun.inf was changed cannot even find / delete itAnd after a few unplugs & re-plugging my PC my External Drive label suddenly changed as "Local Drive...
  4. laptop cannot find shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop cannot find shared printer: My laptop cannot find my shared printer on my desktop. Both are running Windows 10. Printer is wired to desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-cannot-find-shared-printer/6a086319-56d9-45bf-89c0-55edc24b01fc
  5. laptop cannot find shared printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop cannot find shared printer: My laptop cannot find my shared printer on my desktop. Both are running Windows 10. Printer is wired to desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-cannot-find-shared-printer/6a086319-56d9-45bf-89c0-55edc24b01fc
  6. laptop cannot find shared printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Cannot Delete A File That Was Shared With Me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Delete A File That Was Shared With Me: My language tutor just shared with me a PDF file but I ma not able to open it and it requires administrator access to delete it. I thought I currently had admin access. How can I go about deleting this?Note: I do not believe this file is manicous in any way. It is a textbook...
  8. Cannot Delete A File That Was Shared With Me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Delete A File That Was Shared With Me: My language tutor just shared with me a PDF file but I ma not able to open it and it requires administrator access to delete it. I thought I currently had admin access. How can I go about deleting this?Note: I do not believe this file is manicous in any way. It is a textbook...
  9. Cannot Delete A File That Was Shared With Me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Windows Backup cannot find the shared protection point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Backup cannot find the shared protection point: Hello When i try to do a System Image backup i get the error "Windows Backup cannot find the shared protection point. 0x8078001F" I have tried everything and nothing works....