Windows 10: Cannot find Audio Driver

Discus and support Cannot find Audio Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I cannot find an audio drive for my HP windows laptop ill have to check the exact year it is an old work laptop but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NashDoyle, Sep 7, 2020.

1. NashDoyle Win User

Cannot find Audio Driver

Split from this thread.​

I cannot find an audio drive for my HP windows laptop ill have to check the exact year it is an old work laptop but regardless the driver was there and working find with windows 10 until recently it seemed to randomly disappear and now i cannot find one to download.

:)

NashDoyle, Sep 7, 2020

2. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Cannot find Audio Driver

AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Cannot find Audio Driver

1. Cannot find Audio Driver - Similar Threads - Cannot find Audio

2. Audio issues - cannot install drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issues - cannot install drivers: I've been having issues with Bluetooth speakers and now AUX cable speakers and both times I've tried to uninstall the drivers and update them only to find out that Windows can find the drivers but cannot install them. I even tried downloading the install file and manually...
  3. Audio issues - cannot install drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio issues - cannot install drivers: I've been having issues with Bluetooth speakers and now AUX cable speakers and both times I've tried to uninstall the drivers and update them only to find out that Windows can find the drivers but cannot install them. I even tried downloading the install file and manually...
  4. Audio issues - cannot install drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Tpm driver cannot find???

Tpm driver cannot find???: I ran thisTPM disabled??Then is this wrong???Then to avoid the confusion i thought of reinstalling TPM from device manager But i get this errorPlease help Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tpm-driver-cannot-find/a71efbd1-b47c-4b0a-8422-6476c7ab58f2
  6. Realtek Audio Driver cannot install

Realtek Audio Driver cannot install: I have a computer with a Gigabyte Z590 Elite AX motherboard, and I was having trouble with my audio so following some guides I found on the internet I uninstalled my Realtek audio driver and attempted a reinstall. However, when trying to install the driver which I got from...
  7. Can't find realtek high definition audio in audio drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find realtek high definition audio in audio drivers: I reinstalled my windows, set up all the drivers but I saw that my audio is not there. I went to the audio drivers and found only the NVIDIA one not realtek like I used to have before I reinstalled the windows. How can I get that back submitted by /u/Mar14n [link]...
  8. RealtekR cannot find after updating the realtek driver to high definition audio.

RealtekR cannot find after updating the realtek driver to high definition audio.: Problem: When i have updated realtek audio to high definition audio and when i was in the meeting and i am presenting the video they cannot hear the sound of the the video so i have checked it that the stereo mix driver is not show ing in the sound control panel after...
  9. cannot find driver

cannot find driver: i am having trouble locateing or finding a driver for my hitachi-lg-data-storage GHBON for windows 10 home. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-driver/94e8612b-9ade-46ba-b95c-c324ec23d9d3
  10. Can't find the audio driver file

Can't find the audio driver file: My audio stopped working from my computer. Was working one minute, then stopped the next. Went to device manager, sound, and the only things listed are my bluetooth headphones. so i can't uninstall the driver. i have restarted many times Done a recovery from a past...