Windows 10: Cannot find brightness setting

Discus and support Cannot find brightness setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I saw a post on here and the microsoft staff said: "Hi, There are two ways on how to change the screen brightness in a Windows 10 computer. Check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vale620, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Vale620 Win User

Cannot find brightness setting

I saw a post on here and the microsoft staff said: "Hi,

There are two ways on how to change the screen brightness in a Windows 10 computer. Check these steps:

Method 1.

Go to Start > Settings > System > Display > Change brightness. Adjust the slider to get your desired brightness.

Method 2.

Go to Control Panel> Hardware and Sound > Power Options. There should be a slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window. Choose your desired light by adjusting the slider.

Change brightness slider might not be visible on desktop computers that have an external monitor. Using the buttons on the monitor can change the brightness.

You may also update the display driver if the slider doesn't appear. Follow these steps... Anyways I followed all the steps and updated all my drives but I still see no option for turning down my brightness and I have to put the obnoxious night light during day time because my screen is so bright. Someone please help me I can't look at the screen for more than 10 minutes without getting a headache, and it's even more frustrating that there is no option for the brightness!! Why isn't this an option for my computer?! It is a desktop by the way.

:)

Vale620, Jun 10, 2020

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Adjust brightness settings in Windows 10

Hi Vicky,

I understand that you want to adjust the brightness of the computer. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. From where exactly are you trying to adjust the brightness?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Click on the System and then Notifications and Actions which is available on the Left pane.
    • Click on Add or Remove quick Actions.
    • In the make sure that the Brightness is ON.
    • Then click on the Action Center and adjust the Brightness according to your preference.
    Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information if the issue persists, or if you have any queries related to Windows. We are here to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 10, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot find brightness setting - Similar Threads - Cannot find brightness

2. Brightness Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Settings: Help! I accidentally turned my brightness all the way down and can't fix it! I tried turning my computer off and on, even restarting it! Now I'm logged out of my account on my computer, and can't see ANYTHING! I'm urgently writing this on my phone, but please help me!...
  3. Can't Find Brightness Setting

Can't Find Brightness Setting: I've tried two things that I'd read to do from a Microsoft community question. It was to go to the control panel, then device manager, then click on display adapters, left click the name of the display , then update it. I also disabled it, then enabled it. I did the same to a...
  4. Cannot change brightness or find sleep button

Cannot change brightness or find sleep button: Hi, I can't change the brightness on my screen. Also, the sleep button does not appear either in the power options. Any advice? I am using Windows 10 on HP with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics Card....
  5. Can't find the brightness setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find the brightness setting: I can't find the brightness setting, despite all the updates ...... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-the-brightness-setting/5dc7d2d2-dcba-48a4-a87f-67cf856af544
  6. Can't find the brightness setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find the brightness setting: I updated all the divers in your previous rule but it didn't work. What do I do now ... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-the-brightness-setting/6e99ee0e-0267-4349-9add-c517ddf1d4e9
  7. brightness setting

brightness setting: why cant i change my brightness? i've updated all the drivers i needed, but still can't change it. my eyes hurts. help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-setting/8ee09dd0-8047-421a-9a71-c8dbd744f86d
  8. Brightness Settings

Brightness Settings: Hi, I had updated my windows 10 a few weeks back to version 1809 and i had this brightness settings which showed the options "darkest, darker, suggested, brighter, brightest". All of a sudden now it is back to the old percentages settings and it is showing the options as...
  9. Cannot set level of brightness

Cannot set level of brightness: I cannot find where to change brightness for my computer, so could you tell me why I cannot find brightnesss setting on my computer? Thank you....
  10. Cannot find This PC and Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot find This PC and Settings: Hello. I cannot find "This PC" and "Settings" on my Windows 10 Laptop. How do I find them and Install them on my Laptop. Many Thanks. Terry Horton.*Smile 38168