Windows 10: Cannot Find Desktop App Converter Base Image Build 18363

Discus and support Cannot Find Desktop App Converter Base Image Build 18363 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 on the Release Preview ring, which means my build is 18363. I want to convert a desktop app using Microsoft's Desktop App... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NachoCheeze0813, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Cannot Find Desktop App Converter Base Image Build 18363

I am running Windows 10 on the Release Preview ring, which means my build is 18363. I want to convert a desktop app using Microsoft's Desktop App Converter. However, the only build I can find that is even remotely related to my version of Windows is build 18362, which will not work. Is there anywhere I can download the base image for build 18363? Or do I need to wait until the next version of Windows is released?

:)

NachoCheeze0813, Oct 6, 2019

2. Desktop App Converter

The Desktop App Converter has worked in the pass but it failed to convert a program it had converted the previous day. I removed and reinstalled the Desktop App Converter and I now cannot get past the Base
    Image setup. I get the following error message:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.DesktopAppConverter_2.1.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\DesktopAppConverter.ps1 : Exception calling "NewContainerNetwork" with "2" argument(s): "The object already exists.
    " At line:1 char:1 + &'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.DesktopAppConverter_2.1.1.0_ ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Cannot Find Desktop App Converter Base Image Build 18363 :)) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException + FullyQualifiedErrorId
    : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,DesktopAppConverter.ps1

I have the correct base image: Windows_BaseImage_DAC_17134.wim

I have tried:

DesktopAppConverter.exe -Cleanup ExpandedImage and DesktopAppConverter.exe -Cleanup All.

Created and new admin account.

Bob Bryant, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Pegasone Win User
    Desktop App Converter - silent installer?

One of the requirements for successfully running the Desktop App Converter app, now available on Windows Store, is a silent installer for the desktop application to convert to appx package. I would like to ask the TenForums users for suggestions on creating such a silent (non-interactive) installer.

Update: NSIS can create silent installers Cannot Find Desktop App Converter Base Image Build 18363 :)

Pegasone, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Cannot Find Desktop App Converter Base Image Build 18363

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Cannot Find Desktop App Converter Base Image Build 18363

1. Cannot Find Desktop App Converter Base Image Build 18363 - Similar Threads - Cannot Find Desktop

2. Image converter !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image converter !: Hi, can someone explain what a "Image converter" actually does ? I have been taking photos using the best possible settings on my camera. I then download and use on PowerPoint presentations or send by email to friends etc. I have been using a Image converter out of the...
  3. Windows 10 1909 build 18363

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1909 build 18363: Hi all, I have a notebook with installed Windows 10 1909 build 18363 Enterprise This is a new installation in a new notebook I work with screenshot Shift+Windos+S for customize manual, etc. But in this new notebook when I take a screenshot it appears with a SID sequence...
  4. Windows behavior on build 19h1_release 18363

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows behavior on build 19h1_release 18363: Reinstalled windows due to odd behavior. A few things I find odd have occurred since: all my windows diagnostic folders are empty despite having a folder name looks like they may be being deleted. Two Microsoft virtual wi-fi adapters were deployed despite me not initiating...
  5. Build 18363

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Build 18363: [ATTACH] I installed this update recently and can't find the "recording device" tab when right clicking the volume icon (yes, it was ugly but very useful imo). And I'm pretty sure this is the reason why I can't install Nvidia RTX Voice... Can't find this submitted by...
  6. Device Not Migrated - Win 10 Build 18363

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Not Migrated - Win 10 Build 18363: Hello I have a USB C to HDMI adapter that works fine on a Windows 10 Build 17763 laptop, but when I try and use it on my other laptop which is Windows 10 Build 18363 it doesn't work. In the event log on the non working laptop it says the following: Device...
  7. Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 fails to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 fails to install: Hung up on 91% complete for 12 hours https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/version-10018363-build-18363-fails-to-install/7515a6d1-f16d-4742-8543-140db0bb4b0c
  8. Windows Build 18363

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Build 18363: I have discovered that once upgraded to Windows 10 build 18363 from build 18362, domain users no longer have the option to use Photos. Local users still have the option but domain users do not. I have verified that this behavior is not the fault of a group policy as down...
  9. Picture Tools Disabled For Images Windows 10 Pro Build 18363

Picture Tools Disabled For Images Windows 10 Pro Build 18363: I am trying to rotate images in the Explorer but am unable to. The "Rotate" context menu items are not displayed although the Registry entries for them exist. Okay, so I tried to use the "Manage Picture Tools" option in the Explorer ribbon but every option except "Slide...
  10. deleting cloud based images from desktop

deleting cloud based images from desktop: I have a lot of files I want to delete, and it is easier to do on the desktop than on the web. I have multiple images that are not local, but I have the icons showing. When I delete them, they download before they will delete which takes an inordinate amount of time. Is there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. base image – build 17134

2. windows_baseimage_dac_17134.wim

3. windows_baseimage 1909

4. baseimage 18363,
  5. windows_baseimage_dac 18363,
  6. windows_base_image_dac_18363 wim 1909,
  7. dac baseimage 1909,
  8. Desktop 18363,
  9. Desktop App Converter Base Images build 18363,
  10. desktopappconverter 18363