Windows 10: Cannot find documents.

Discus and support Cannot find documents. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I scanned several documents yesterday and cannot find them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VirginiaWilliams4, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Cannot find documents.

I scanned several documents yesterday and cannot find them.

:)

VirginiaWilliams4, Dec 17, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 17, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Cannot find documents.

Documents Destination

The next troubleshooting step we suggest is to restore the default location of the folders. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Choose File Explorer.

• Type shell:UsersFilesFolder in the address bar.

Cannot find documents. d9ffeca6-0604-494d-9388-070cdb9a5eeb.png

• Right-click the Documents folder.

• Click the Location tab.

• Click Restore Default.

• Click OK.

Follow the same steps to restore the default location for your Pictures folder.

Give these steps a shot and check if the folders are unlinked from OneDrive.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Cannot find documents.

1. Cannot find documents. - Similar Threads - Cannot find documents

2. can't find saved documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't find saved documents: My computer is about 15 months old with Office Home and Student and was a warranty replacement. I was able to transfer data from the old to the new and this worked well until recently. Several weeks ago I transferred to Windows 11 - no problem. I have now found nearly all my...
  3. I cannot find my documents after a Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot find my documents after a Windows 10 update: After a windows 10 update , I tried to sign in in my computer , and I could not do it . Always I received a message that I cannot sign in , please sign out and try again, but again the same problem. If instead of select sign out , I select to close this information , then the...
  4. Windows cannot find my pdf documents.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find my pdf documents.: Today: When I try to open the pdf document I get the following screen message: "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\......... .pdf'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." Since I am merely trying to double left click on the archived document or view the...
  5. CMD Prompt returns "The system cannot find the file specified" in "Documents" but it is there!

CMD Prompt returns "The system cannot find the file specified" in "Documents" but it is there!: I am trying to copy a file in my Documents folder using the CMD Prompt, however it returns an error "The system cannot find the file specified". This was part of an automated backup batch file which ran under the task scheduler every week, but stopped working after a recent...
  6. Windows Search Not Finding Documents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search Not Finding Documents: I'm using Windows 10, and every time I search for a document in the search bar, nothing comes up except for Bing search results. This has been happening for a few days now and it may be due to some update as the search results look different than before. I tried running the...
  7. find a non registered document

find a non registered document: I need to find wher "documents and settings" is in order to trace a non registered document. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-a-non-registered-document/56825431-8aad-4454-a2e8-5b7261b59105"
  8. Where to find documentation on WuMgr?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where to find documentation on WuMgr?: I just installed WuMgr but I need to learn the product. There are several options to choose from. I'd like to find documentation about each option and maybe some example settings with explanations. The options are not self-explanatory to me. 128209
  9. Where to find documentation on WuMgr?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where to find documentation on WuMgr?: I just installed WuMgr but I need to learn the product. There are several options to choose from. I'd like to find documentation about each option and maybe some example settings with explanations. The options are not self-explanatory to me. 128209
  10. cannot find "documents & settings" / "my documents" on old laptop hard drive

cannot find "documents & settings" / "my documents" on old laptop hard drive: My previous laptop stopped working, so I decided to get a new one and transfer data from old hard drive. I bought a compatible kepler usb lead for my WD hard drive. However, when opening file explorer, I cannot see any of my personal documents listed (documents & settings /...