Windows 10: cannot find files and videos after installing windows 10 from 7.

Discus and support cannot find files and videos after installing windows 10 from 7. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had two accounts on this pc when i was running windows 7 i had videos i bought saved on desktop on that account now it's gone i only have one account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by david5211, Dec 6, 2015.

1. david5211 Win User

cannot find files and videos after installing windows 10 from 7.

I had two accounts on this pc when i was running windows 7 i had videos i bought saved on desktop on that account now it's gone i only have one account now and i cannot find the videos even tho the memory is being used up. How do i find those videos?

:)

david5211, Dec 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 backup setup failure

I am also experiencing backup failure after upgrading from 7 to 10. The backup advises some files were missed:

"Backup skipped backing up G:\My Pictures External Hard Drive G\Kitchen Kings Heath September 2015 as it is on the backup target.

Backup skipped backing up G:\Video's\Videos as it is on the backup target.

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\LocalLow. Errorcannot find files and videos after installing windows 10 from 7. :(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Administrator\Contacts. Errorcannot find files and videos after installing windows 10 from 7. :(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Administrator\Searches. Errorcannot find files and videos after installing windows 10 from 7. :(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))"

It also keeps referring to Windows 7.

One other problem is a request to free up storage space in 10 by deleting previous systems. The procedure does not function.

robin hood 1, Dec 6, 2015
  3. Windows 10 backup setup failure

I am also experiencing backup failure after upgrading from 7 to 10. The backup advises some files were missed:

"Backup skipped backing up G:\My Pictures External Hard Drive G\Kitchen Kings Heath September 2015 as it is on the backup target.

Backup skipped backing up G:\Video's\Videos as it is on the backup target.

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\LocalLow. Errorcannot find files and videos after installing windows 10 from 7. :(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Administrator\Contacts. Errorcannot find files and videos after installing windows 10 from 7. :(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Administrator\Searches. Errorcannot find files and videos after installing windows 10 from 7. :(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))"

It also keeps referring to Windows 7.

One other problem is a request to free up storage space in 10 by deleting previous systems. The procedure does not function.

robin hood 1, Dec 6, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Install Everything Search. Let it start and build it's index, takes 20 seconds or so normally.

Use ext:xxxx in the search box to locate all files on your computer with that file extension (mpeg mp4 avi whatever extension you need to find). That will show you if they are anywhere on your computer.

Did you look under C:\Windows.old\Users ????

Ztruker, Dec 7, 2015
Thema:

1. cannot find files and videos after installing windows 10 from 7. - Similar Threads - cannot find files

2. Photos App. Video Editor cannot find files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App. Video Editor cannot find files: I've been using the Photo Apps Video Editor to create a travel movie. The project has taken me months of work. I updated windows and now I open my project and almost every single video on the timeline says "cannot find file". The original files were never moved and are still...
  3. Music files from Windows 7 cannot play on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Music files from Windows 7 cannot play on Windows 10: Hi, I was able to play music files on Windows 7 using Windows Media Player, then moved the files to newly installed Windows 10, but here the .wma files won't play at all, neither on Windows Media Player nor on Groove Music here is get error "0xc00d7186". The music files are...
  4. Windows cannot find file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows cannot find file: I receive an error message saying "windows cannot find..." when trying to open outlook and excel, might be more as well, have only tried this. i receive the same message when trying via a shortcut and when clicking on the actual exe file itself eg. outlook.exe. AVG tune...
  5. Cannot install Windows 10 from USB on system with Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Windows 10 from USB on system with Windows 7: Hi, I have recently updated my CPU, Motherboard and RAM and windows would not boot so I have decided to upgrade to windows 10. I was previously on windows 7 64 bit. I have created a bootable usb with windows 10 on it, however when I try to boot using it I am faced with...
  6. Cannot dual boot after installing Windows 10 with Windows 7

Cannot dual boot after installing Windows 10 with Windows 7: The win7 mentioned is latest since it is auto-updated. win10 is version 1903. This is not the first time I am doing this. Months ago I did it on my own PC: old system is win7 with single HDD, I shrink the win7 partition to spare new volume for win10, install win10 with USB...
  7. MP4 Video files corrupted after Windows 10 Installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MP4 Video files corrupted after Windows 10 Installation: I just recently did a clean install of Windows 10 after using Windows 7 for many years. I moved my files over to a secondary hard drive and once I was done with the installation I moved them back to their appropriate folders (Documents, Pictures, etc). I'm having trouble...
  8. Vmware Player 7-11 cannot install on Windows 10 after upgrade from 7

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Vmware Player 7-11 cannot install on Windows 10 after upgrade from 7: Hi guys, I have just upgraded my Windows 7 Unlimited OS to Windows 10 and when tried to install Vmware Player 7 to 11 versions, it gave me one same error as you can see below: [img] What might be the reason for this? I never came across in such situation...
  9. Windows 10 installation from Windows 7 Pro - BSOD after installation

Windows 10 installation from Windows 7 Pro - BSOD after installation: Hi I have been trying to install windows 10 since launch day. However i have been somewhat unsuccessful. Win 10 installs successfully but when the computer does the setting up of Apps at its first run it crashes to BSOD - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED I am computer...
  10. MOV Video File from iPhone 7 cannot be found in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    MOV Video File from iPhone 7 cannot be found in Win 10: I have the following equipment: iphone 7 (iOS version 10.2.1; storage: 256GB) notebook A (Windows 10 Home, with sufficient harddisk storage) notebook B (Windows 10 Home, with sufficient harddisk storage) The iphone contains some image and video files including one .MOV...