Windows 10: Cannot find install media for windows10 home edition

Discus and support Cannot find install media for windows10 home edition in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I re-installed my laptop from scratch, but my license is for window10 home, and what got installed was windows 10 Pro. I've read various articles that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Walter Kuhnel, Nov 24, 2023.

1. Cannot find install media for windows10 home edition

I re-installed my laptop from scratch, but my license is for window10 home, and what got installed was windows 10 Pro. I've read various articles that did not work, one suggested downloading the USB tool and un-selecting "recommended for this pc", but that did not give me a choice of which windows to download. Another article suggested adding a file to the install media: sources/ei.cfg, with this still was not prompted which edition to install, so now I have a system that is not activated. How can I get window10 home edition ?Thanks,Walter

:)

Walter Kuhnel, Nov 24, 2023
  2. RandyAmy Win User

Windows10 media player

Windows10, media player, how do I download a play list to an external hard drive, step by step please.

RandyAmy, Nov 24, 2023
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. Gino Des Win User

Cannot find install media for windows10 home edition

windows 10 Installation media disk

Hi Shaela,

To create a Windows 10 recovery DVD or USB, we suggest that you download and use the media creation tool from the

Microsoft software download website
    . To create an installation or repair media, follow the steps below:

• On a working PC, go to the
      Microsoft software download website
    • Download the media creation tool and then run it. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
    • Select Create installation media for another PC.
    • Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
    • Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to send a reply.

Gino Des, Nov 24, 2023
Thema:

Cannot find install media for windows10 home edition

1. Cannot find install media for windows10 home edition - Similar Threads - Cannot find install

2. Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition: Made a USB installer from the Media Creation Tool. It doesn't give you an option for which version of Windows 10. It just says "Windows 10" and doesn't let you choose anything. What a useless dropdown box that was.I have two nearly identical computers from the hardware to the...
  3. Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition: Made a USB installer from the Media Creation Tool. It doesn't give you an option for which version of Windows 10. It just says "Windows 10" and doesn't let you choose anything. What a useless dropdown box that was.I have two nearly identical computers from the hardware to the...
  4. Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot find install media for windows10 home edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot find install media for windows10 home edition: I re-installed my laptop from scratch, but my license is for window10 home, and what got installed was windows 10 Pro. I've read various articles that did not work, one suggested downloading the USB tool and un-selecting "recommended for this pc", but that did not give me a...
  6. Cannot find install media for windows10 home edition

Cannot find install media for windows10 home edition: I re-installed my laptop from scratch, but my license is for window10 home, and what got installed was windows 10 Pro. I've read various articles that did not work, one suggested downloading the USB tool and un-selecting "recommended for this pc", but that did not give me a...
  7. Windows 11 Installation: Cannot find media drivers

Windows 11 Installation: Cannot find media drivers: I built a new PC and I'm trying to install windows. However, when I try to install it, it tells me that "no media driver was found." Everything is connected properly, I am sure, and I have read many guides in how to solve this problem, but it doesn't work for me.My CPU is a...
  8. Windows10 home edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows10 home edition: Hello, Can somebody tell me how i can see my digital license from microsoft for Windows10 home edition. I got a free upgrade from windows 7 and now i need to reinstall windows10 home edition on my computer because of a blue screen loop i can,t get out of....
  9. Windows10 Home install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 Home install: I get a continue loop of this phrase "Making sure you are ready to install." this phrase has been on my computer screen for over three hours. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-home-install/8ab1a76f-0222-48ba-bec8-ec09ce69567f
  10. can't find media card pictures in windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't find media card pictures in windows10: Hi All, I didn't like the Faststone program that my PC guy installed for me so I uninstalled it. Now I don't know where my pictures are going, there is a file that says "exported items" where my other pictures folders are, and I can see the edge of a picture that I...