Windows 10: CANNOT FIND MEDIA PLAYER IN PC

Discus and support CANNOT FIND MEDIA PLAYER IN PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; cannot play dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-media-player-in-pc/fcf9f8a7-f577-4a10-8e11-d09cc6b5ff64 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EvelynMarchant, Jan 21, 2019.

1. CANNOT FIND MEDIA PLAYER IN PC

cannot play dvds

:)

EvelynMarchant, Jan 21, 2019

2. Media player

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue further, we’d like to know the following:

• What is the version of your Windows Media Player?
    • Did you get any error message? If yes, kindly specify.
    In the meantime, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the
    Windows Media player
    . Here are the steps how to:

• Press Win button + R on your keyboard.
    • In the text box, type Control.
    • On the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off option to see Windows Features window.
    • Expand Media Feature list, then uncheck Windows Media Player box. It will give a prompt message;
      this will also turn of Windows Media Center click yes as you will need
      to reinstall it after.
    • Reboot PC.
    • You need to reinstall Windows Media Player. Open Windows Features, tick the Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center, then install it from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Sherry Bel, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

CANNOT FIND MEDIA PLAYER IN PC

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

CANNOT FIND MEDIA PLAYER IN PC

1. CANNOT FIND MEDIA PLAYER IN PC - Similar Threads - CANNOT FIND MEDIA

2. Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's: So just yesterday I borrowed Simon & Garfunkel's entire Discography from my local library and- what Ive found is my windows media player does not retrieve any album info or its album cover for that matter.Thus far ive tried Deleting its cache, reinstalling the media player,...
  3. Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's: So just yesterday I borrowed Simon & Garfunkel's entire Discography from my local library and- what Ive found is my windows media player does not retrieve any album info or its album cover for that matter.Thus far ive tried Deleting its cache, reinstalling the media player,...
  4. Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.What to do ?...
  5. Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...

Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.What to do ?...
  6. Cannot reinstall windows media player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot reinstall windows media player: i inadvertently unistalled windows media player which was installed when i bought the computer. I've restored my computer to an earlier date but then I am asked where I should store the backup. I've tried many different locations but none of them work. I want to store it...
  7. Cannot open Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open Windows Media Player: WMP does not show up in my start menu but does in my file menu. Only when I attempt to open either as admin. or from location, it does nothing. I have used it before so I know it is there and does work, but my music is in my Music file and I'm trying to transfer it to my...
  8. Media Player - Find Album Information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player - Find Album Information: When I try to Update Album Information from online servers the default server is: musicmatch-ssl.xboxlive.com This server seems unable to find any music, even music that was previously found! Previous versions of Media Player on my previous laptop searched for album...
  9. Cannot find RIP button in Win10 media player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot find RIP button in Win10 media player: I cannot find RIP button when I insert CD-R80 into laptop. The audio file plays, but RIP button does not appear. Please note I want to make a copy of the audio file in my Windows Media Player. PS: I don't want to burn a new CD, which seems to be the topic that comes...
  10. Media Player - 'find album info' not working

Media Player - 'find album info' not working: Hello This past month, Media Player has ceased being able to locate album information for audio CDs. It used to work, but now it doesn't. When I request that it finds album info, the Internet Explorer 'website cannot be found' error is displayed. The CDs I am using are...