Windows 10: Cannot find my account after update

Discus and support Cannot find my account after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer updated a week ago and shut down while I was using it without waning. Since then I cannot log in to my account. I thought it was stuck in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShellinaMitchell, May 12, 2019.

1. Cannot find my account after update

My computer updated a week ago and shut down while I was using it without waning. Since then I cannot log in to my account. I thought it was stuck in a boot loop but I have run all the fixes for that. I have run restore health and sfc and nothing comes up as wrong. When I try to run startup fix it tells me it cannot find a problem. After a few minutes it just logs into a generic account and tells me it cannot log into my account. I have even tried restore keeping files but I get an error after about a half hour. I have also tried removing the updates. Nothing. I don't want to loose my files. Please help!

:)

ShellinaMitchell, May 12, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, May 12, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 12, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Cannot find my account after update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cannot find my account after update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Cannot find my account after update

1. Cannot find my account after update - Similar Threads - Cannot find account

2. Cannot log into Windows account after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot log into Windows account after update: On my son's computer we cannot log into his windows account after restart. This issues appeared after his latest Windows update last week. When you attempt to log in, it gives an error saying Windows cannot log you in and it logged you in under a user or temporary account. We...
  3. Windows Recovery Key - Cannot find it in my Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Recovery Key - Cannot find it in my Microsoft Account: Hi, as my laptop is continually starting on recovery mode, I need to enter the recovery key to reset it totally. I have logged in my microsoft account from another PC, but no luck, when I click on "manage your bitlocker key" in my account, I got a web page telling me that...
  4. I cannot find my documents after a Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot find my documents after a Windows 10 update: After a windows 10 update , I tried to sign in in my computer , and I could not do it . Always I received a message that I cannot sign in , please sign out and try again, but again the same problem. If instead of select sign out , I select to close this information , then the...
  5. "Windows cannot find..." after recent June Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Windows cannot find..." after recent June Update: After updating my PC I decided I wanted to play some games which are located on my SSD. After trying to open them from the desktop, I get the below error. I then tried to go directly to where the ".exe" file is and use that. Same error. Clearly the file is right there and I...
  6. I cannot find my admin account and only have a user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I cannot find my admin account and only have a user account: Help!!! I cannot download or uninstall items due to admin account restrictions. I cannot find my admin account, how do I make my current user account into an admin account with an original admin account? Is there any way I can bypass this admin account thing? [img] 146739
  7. Cannot find WiFi settings after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find WiFi settings after update: Hi, We have recently completed an update and since then, we are unable to locate any wifi settings or networks. When we select the error message in the bottom right of the screen for "Networks & Internet Settings" the only option that is appearing is Airplane mode. When I...
  8. Cannot access or find user account

Cannot access or find user account: I'm currently on the latest Insider Preview version of Windows 10 Pro. I've experienced a weird issue for at least past 2-3 Preview versions. Firstly, when I try to log in with pin code, I get something like 'object info not found'. When I try go via Settings or System Panel...
  9. cannot find administrator account!

cannot find administrator account!: I just upgraded from Win7 ultimate, 64-bit to Win10, and found that the windows update won't work. My password protected administrator account in Win 7 does not show up. I have attempted to enable the built in admin. account, using options one and two, in the tutorial (2969)...
  10. Cannot find or launch the Store after Fall update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find or launch the Store after Fall update: I eventually managed to install the Fall update, but it has 'damaged' a number of things. In particular I cannot launch / open the MS Windows Store (or some of the apps). I have found many files relating to the Store but none which open it. Instructions do not work, there is...