Windows 10: Cannot find my retail windows 10 license.

Discus and support Cannot find my retail windows 10 license. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; During the start of my university year I received from the university a microsoft imagine account from where I obtained a windows 10 license for free.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RaphaelPop, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Cannot find my retail windows 10 license.

During the start of my university year I received from the university a microsoft imagine account from where I obtained a windows 10 license for free.

In the summer, when the year ended our university emails got reset so I lost the email with the microsoft imagine link and the account no longer works to log in.

Is there any way to get the current windows 10 license I have activated on my device?

:)

RaphaelPop, Jul 12, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jul 12, 2019
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jul 12, 2019
  4. ak1189 Win User

Cannot find my retail windows 10 license.

Windows 8.1 retail license can be upgraded to Windows 10 retail license or not

I had purchased Windows 8.1 Pro License Full Version Retail from Microsoft online 2 years back. and this license can be installed on any PC and transferred to any PC. I want to know that if I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro , then Windows 10 Pro
    Upgrade license will be same as before.

Is Windows 10 Pro Upgrade license will be License Full Version Retail ?

Since I read on WWW that Windows 10 license will be tied to that System on which the Upgrade offer was used, and in that case my
    License Full Version Retail will not remain License Full Version Retail.

and in that case my License Full Version Retail will be downgraded and that will put brakes on my journey to upgrade to Windows 10.

I hope that I have put across my query effectively. Thanks.

ak1189, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Cannot find my retail windows 10 license.

1. Cannot find my retail windows 10 license. - Similar Threads - Cannot find retail

2. Windows 10 license key retailer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 license key retailer: so me and my friend are working on building a computer and my friend wants it to be windows 10 but we dont have much money left after buying the GPU so we where searching to get a windows 10 key but the prices seem a bit low on this website and so we're not sure if its a good...
  3. Windows 10 Activation - Cannot Find Retail Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation - Cannot Find Retail Key: I recently had to change motherboards as my old one had died. As expected it is now asking for my windows 10 product key. I purchased a retail key from the Microsoft Store back in August of 2019 but none of my order info is leading me to a 25-digit key neither confirmation...
  4. Windows 10 Activation - Cannot Find Retail Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Activation - Cannot Find Retail Key: I recently had to change motherboards as my old one had died. As expected it is now asking for my windows 10 product key. I purchased a retail key from the Microsoft Store back in August of 2019 but none of my order info is leading me to a 25-digit key neither confirmation...
  5. Windows 10 Activation - Cannot Find Retail Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. RTM Windows 10 Retail License

RTM Windows 10 Retail License: We are a computer store selling and servicing computers for individuals and businesses. Can we buy RTM Win 10 Pro Retail keys on line and resell them, we have found that the key installs and activates, however we are unsure if this is legal....
  7. Retail license

Retail license: Hello All, can we use retail license windows 10 pro for Organization? If YES, there is no objection from Microsoft? Regards, Rakesh C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retail-license/02951d9b-e3f6-4aa6-975f-e1654051e185
  8. Retail license

Retail license: Hello, Retail license windows 10 pro can use for Organization ? Regards, Rakesh C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retail-license/259bd1b2-9411-4df3-9362-aaac83c5c777
  9. Purchasing Windows 10 Retail License

Purchasing Windows 10 Retail License: Hi I need to know is their any provision windows is selling a retail key of Windows 10 for lifetime validity I had found a guy on e-commerce site selling the Genuine Windows 10 Key at Rs. 299 Is this Genuine Or Someone is taking Advantage of Microsoft Name in India ....
  10. Retail license for Windows 10?

Retail license for Windows 10?: Dees Microsoft sell Retail license for Windows 10 or all Windows 10 OEM? 77417