Windows 10: Cannot find my retail windows 10 license.

Discus and support Cannot find my retail windows 10 license. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; During the start of my university year I received from the university a microsoft imagine account from where I obtained a windows 10 license for free.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RaphaelPop, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Cannot find my retail windows 10 license.

During the start of my university year I received from the university a microsoft imagine account from where I obtained a windows 10 license for free.

In the summer, when the year ended our university emails got reset so I lost the email with the microsoft imagine link and the account no longer works to log in.

Is there any way to get the current windows 10 license I have activated on my device?

:)

RaphaelPop, Jul 12, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jul 12, 2019
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jul 12, 2019
  4. ak1189 Win User

Cannot find my retail windows 10 license.

Windows 8.1 retail license can be upgraded to Windows 10 retail license or not

I had purchased Windows 8.1 Pro License Full Version Retail from Microsoft online 2 years back. and this license can be installed on any PC and transferred to any PC. I want to know that if I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro , then Windows 10 Pro
    Upgrade license will be same as before.

Is Windows 10 Pro Upgrade license will be License Full Version Retail ?

Since I read on WWW that Windows 10 license will be tied to that System on which the Upgrade offer was used, and in that case my
    License Full Version Retail will not remain License Full Version Retail.

and in that case my License Full Version Retail will be downgraded and that will put brakes on my journey to upgrade to Windows 10.

I hope that I have put across my query effectively. Thanks.

ak1189, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Cannot find my retail windows 10 license.

1. Cannot find my retail windows 10 license. - Similar Threads - Cannot find retail

2. Purchasing Windows 10 Retail License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchasing Windows 10 Retail License: Hi I need to know is their any provision windows is selling a retail key of Windows 10 for lifetime validity I had found a guy on e-commerce site selling the Genuine Windows 10 Key at Rs. 299 Is this Genuine Or Someone is taking Advantage of Microsoft Name in India ....
  3. Windows 10 retail license linked to Microsoft account

Windows 10 retail license linked to Microsoft account: Hi there! I have a doubt regarding my Windows 10 license. Some time ago I bought a retail license and now in the Windows configuration section the following message appears: "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". The thing is that I...
  4. Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms

in Windows 10 News
    Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 and Windows Server operating systems have a number of common system files. These files vary from the ones supporting the installation, boot and what not in the operating systems. But the corruption of some files may cause a [...] This post Windows...
  5. Resseling RETAIL unused WIN10 license

Resseling RETAIL unused WIN10 license: Hello, I have opportunity to legally buy approx 100 pieces of Windows 10 Retail licenses for a fair price. I have a company that can trade inside EU. Question is if I legally buy Retail licenses and get paycheck for purchase that will be addressed on my company , can I...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC

Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC: Hello guys i buyed a retail key for windows 10 pro my Laptop was on Windows 10 home OEM but i will buy a new PC soon so how i can transfer my pro license to my new pc do i need to re enter my key? or only format old pc and sing in on the new PC to update to pro?...
  7. How To Transfer Retail Windows 10 License Key

How To Transfer Retail Windows 10 License Key: I'm building a new computer and would like to transfer my RETAIL Windows 10 license key to the new computer. However, I don't have my Windows key anymore. How can I transfer that key to the new computer?...
  8. Retail license for Windows 10?

Retail license for Windows 10?: Dees Microsoft sell Retail license for Windows 10 or all Windows 10 OEM? 77417
  9. Clean Install/Retail Windows 7 License

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install/Retail Windows 7 License: I have a retail version of Win 7. I have been using on a separate machine, the Windows Insider Technical Preview. It is my understanding that you MUST upgrade before doing a clean install. 1) Is that true? 2) Do I get a new license number? 3) My Windows 7 instillations...
  10. Retail license W10 upgrade permanent?

in Windows 10 Support
    Retail license W10 upgrade permanent?: So the MS position on upgraded Win 7 / 8 machines is straight-forward: for the life of the device. But what does this mean for non-OEM people, who are using a retail Windows license, which they upgrade to Windows 10? If they get a new PC, and install Windows using their...