Windows 10: Cannot find my WiFi in the list of networks.

Discus and support Cannot find my WiFi in the list of networks. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sup. I have all the current updates for Windows 10 to this date. I DO get a list of networks to join, but not my Xfinity router latest, white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by I excrete gold, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Cannot find my WiFi in the list of networks.

Sup. I have all the current updates for Windows 10 to this date. I DO get a list of networks to join, but not my Xfinity router latest, white speakerish looking thing. Router and computer are very close, no issue there. My phone, PS4, Xbox One, HP printer, and Macbook can find my router easily, no issues. The computer is an Alienware Alpha Steam machine. I've reset the router several times, no go. Uninstalled and installed newest Intel driver, nothing.

I did have Dell support replace the motherboard, but by virtue of finding other networks, I don't think is the issue. If it's different bands from the newer router, should still show up in the same list of networks anyways. I do live in a rental community with many routers, and I feel it's such a big list that maybe Windows isn't showing them all. But the signal is very good and should be at the top of the list, like the other devices. I do have a NetGear I'm willing to bridge just to make this bad boy wireless. I typically connect the machine to my TV to run YouTube TV, purchased movies on desktop iTunes, etc. But any input to not have me take it to that step is welcome, thanks!

:)

I excrete gold, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Time Lady Win User

what is network 2 / i click my network icon it lists my home wifi then below lists network 2

It’s more likely that it’s picking up a neighbour’s WiFi network or a local free to use network.

I see many of my neighbours’ WiFi networks on my list & no doubt they see mine, however unless they have my Passphrase they cannot connect.

I hope this helps.

Time Lady, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Unable to see a specific WiFi Network in list

I have Windows 8.1. I can see the WiFi networks of everyone in the vicinity. However, am unable to see the WiFi network installed in my home.

The WiFi Network that am unable to see is a new connection. This new connection is seen by all devices (Mobiles etc) but it is.not getting displayed in my Windows 8.1 list.

I have seen other threads on the issue which recommend checking WLAN Autoconfig etc. And have tried those steps too. But there is no change in the outcome.

Can anyone please suggest any solution that migjt work. I am not willing to format my Laptop.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in adv and Regards

Rahul P Sharma

RahulPSharma, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Cannot find my WiFi in the list of networks.

All of sudden my wifi network is not showing in the available wifi networks list

Hi Team,

For understanding purpose I am naming my wifi connection as A and other connections are B,C,D,E,F,..etc

Laptop and mobile are in same room

Laptop connected to wifi A

Mobile connected to wifi A

all of sudden

Laptop disconnected to wifi and couldn't able for find wifi A in the available connections list, but can see many other networks available B,C,D,E,F,..etc.

Mobile is still connected to wifi A

I tried my laptop to connect to wifi B, it is successful. Don't know what is the problem.

My laptop is uptodate, even i updated the drivers. uninstalled and restarted the device still able to connect to wifi B but couldn't able to find wifi A in the list.

Please help.

swaroopkamana, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Cannot find my WiFi in the list of networks.

1. Cannot find my WiFi in the list of networks. - Similar Threads - Cannot find WiFi

2. Wifi networks not being listed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi networks not being listed: I'm facing a bug where the available wifi networks aren't listing. The only way I can connect to a known wifi network is by going to my list of known networks, enabling "automatically connect when in range", and toggling my wifi on and off. Unfortunately I might be switching...
  3. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available Wifi Networks List: I had an extender with two networks 2.5ghz & 5ghz but I no longer use the extender. So in "Manage Known Networks" I did "Forget" on both to remove them, which it did in that list, but they still show up in the "Available Networks". The extender is not plugged in and is not...
  4. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available Wifi Networks List: I had an extender with two networks 2.5ghz & 5ghz but I no longer use the extender. So in "Manage Known Networks" I did "Forget" on both to remove them, which it did in that list, but they still show up in the "Available Networks". The extender is not plugged in and is not...
  5. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Cannot find and connect any WiFi networks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot find and connect any WiFi networks: [ATTACH]Hey guys! So my laptop is showing this problem. My laptop can’t connect or find any wifi networks. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-and-connect-any-wifi-networks/288ecba8-7464-4636-ba64-57db9fbecfff
  7. My computer cannot find wifi networks

My computer cannot find wifi networks: I just updated my computer to the newest windows 10 update because it was running kind of slow but now my computer cannot find any networks at all. Ive tried all the basic fixes but nothing seems to work. Help me please...
  8. Odd Wifi network list

Odd Wifi network list: Hello, any help appreciated! I have several wifi networks that show up when I click the wifi icon in the lower right of my screen, but do not show up when I go to the manage networks under settings. I want to forget these, as my laptop keeps trying to connect even though I...
  9. Wifi Network Not Showing in List

Wifi Network Not Showing in List: Hello, We had a power outage yesterday that reset our router to factory default settings. We fixed the router and not is is using the name/pw we want but while I see the router/network on my laptop (chromebook) and can connect to it just fine, I can't see the...
  10. my wifi network is not appearing in the list of available networks

my wifi network is not appearing in the list of available networks: I have already made the wlan report I tried to attach it but it did not work....I hope it is ok to paste it here. I hope someone can help me. I have troubleshooted my butt off and it is happening on both of my laptops so I do not understand how to fix it. Thanks!...