Windows 10: Cannot find network printer

Discus and support Cannot find network printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just had to do a fresh install of Windows. I have a networked printer, HP LaserJet 1320n, that cannot be found even if I put in the its IP address.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffFinnan, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Cannot find network printer

I just had to do a fresh install of Windows. I have a networked printer, HP LaserJet 1320n, that cannot be found even if I put in the its IP address. What is the best forum to post this?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Windows 10.0.18363

:)

JeffFinnan, Feb 1, 2020

2. Network Printer NOT RECOGNIZED!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Feb 1, 2020
  4. BobBarr Win User

Cannot find network printer

networking a printer

It can be networked through the computer through control panel settings<view installed printers<your printer< share this printer I think is simple way someone else correct me if I'm wrong. Once you do that try connecting on your other comps by adding printer over network.

BobBarr, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Cannot find network printer

1. Cannot find network printer - Similar Threads - Cannot find network

2. Can't find network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find network printer: Hi,I'm trying to add a network printer, but i'm having problems finding it.I'm connected to a wifi network configured as public. I have network discovery for public networks activated on advanced sharing settings, ans it's also allowed on firewall settings, but i can't find...
  3. Can't find network printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find network printer: Hi,I'm trying to add a network printer, but i'm having problems finding it.I'm connected to a wifi network configured as public. I have network discovery for public networks activated on advanced sharing settings, ans it's also allowed on firewall settings, but i can't find...
  4. Cannot find printers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot find printers: I was in the middle of working yesterday and, suddenly, all of my printers essentially disappeared. I has happened before, and I was able to restart my computer and they were there again. But not this time. Here is a screenshots of my printer selection list from another...
  5. Unable to find network printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to find network printer: Hi, I am using Win 10 version 1803 on my desktop . My desktop is connected via LAN with my dlink router. My printer epson l4160 is connect via wifi with the router . When I am going to Add a printer option , I can't find the printer . Add a bluetooth ,wireless or...
  6. cannot access network printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot access network printer: wireless printer is installed but is not recognized by computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-network-printer/f20d6499-3dd9-45d9-9e7a-032e339f1288
  7. printer cannot be found by the network

printer cannot be found by the network: Error shows printer cannot be found by the network, it prints ok but this message appears when opening page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-cannot-be-found-by-the-network/754c02af-574c-4458-a938-3de6079bbf46
  8. Cannot find network printer (or, Where is \\winprint in Windows 10?)

Cannot find network printer (or, Where is \\winprint in Windows 10?): Hi everybody! I remember with Windows 7 and 8 I used to be able to discover network printers going on \\winprint, and then double-clicking on them so that they would install (fetching the drivers from the network) and then appear in the control panel under "Devices and...
  9. Find Printer network name

Find Printer network name: Hi, I am trying to find the network name of my printer to put in a Printer Queue shortcut I have tried these with no success. C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /o /n HP6CC21747B66E C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /o /n...
  10. Cannot find network printer (aka Where is \\winprint in Windows 10?)

Cannot find network printer (aka Where is \\winprint in Windows 10?): Hi everybody! Sorry for crossposting this from the Drivers and Hardware forum, but after a bit of investigation I found out that this forum could be more appropriate for the question. I remember with Windows 7 and 8 I used to be able to discover network printers going on...