Windows 10: Cannot find or fix corrupt files found by sfc/scannow

Discus and support Cannot find or fix corrupt files found by sfc/scannow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently ran sfc/scannow and got a report of corrupt files. I have to admit I don't really know what I'm looking for but I did try looking at the CBS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CliveM, May 18, 2021.

1. CliveM Win User

Cannot find or fix corrupt files found by sfc/scannow

I recently ran sfc/scannow and got a report of corrupt files. I have to admit I don't really know what I'm looking for but I did try looking at the CBS logo and doing searches for the words "corrupt" and "cannot repair" - nothing found. I then ran the following - Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth That was all good so I then reran sfc/scannow . . . still I get a report of corrupt files. I am not sure whether to just ignore this as the computer is running fine and has no obvious issues, or is there more I can do to track down these corrupt files?. Any help or suggestions much appreciated. By the way I am running the latest version of Windows 10 Home.

:)

CliveM, May 18, 2021

2. sfc/scannow corrupt file

sfc/scannow keeps finding corrupt files and fixing them

Berkkarakas, May 18, 2021
  3. sfc/scannow corrupt file

sfc/scannow can fixing but every time find corrupt files and fixing them

Berkkarakas, May 18, 2021
  4. Cannot find or fix corrupt files found by sfc/scannow

SFC Finds Corrupt Files but is Unable to Fix

I tried your aforementioned method, rebooting 3 times, and running sfc /scannow 3 times, but with no luck I've decided to try the DISM method.

Thanks y'all!
    CV

CosmicVibe, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Cannot find or fix corrupt files found by sfc/scannow

1. Cannot find or fix corrupt files found by sfc/scannow - Similar Threads - Cannot find fix

2. SFC/Scannow found a corrupted file.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC/Scannow found a corrupted file.: Hello, computer games keep randomly crashing and computer gets BSOD a lot, this is a new build. I ran SFC/scannow and it said there was corrupted files, is there somewhere I can send the report to? I would prefer not to take it to a shop, but will if I have to....
  3. sfc /scannow found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files: Good evening, How to fix corrupt files that could not be repaired with sfc tool? I executed DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and gave me this error: "Error 0x800f081f, The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...
  4. How to fix SFC Scannow Corrupted files

How to fix SFC Scannow Corrupted files: Hello, Being a novice with computers I thought to ask you all before I try something which may make things worse. I've neglected to tun SFC Scannow for a while and I've now fun it a few times as Administrator. I got the "Some corrupted files could not be fixed" result. The...
  5. Ran sfc /scannow. Found corrupt files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ran sfc /scannow. Found corrupt files.: Hi, I ran sfc /scannow on my Windows 10 desktop and got the response below: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time....
  6. Sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them: Hey guys I tried the sfc /scannow and it found corrupted files but could not repair them also my situation is Whenever I try to turn my laptop on normally it blue screens and says "Critical service failed" and sometime is mentions something about trail.txt or something like...
  7. Sfc /scannow..... found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them.

Sfc /scannow..... found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them.: Win 10 version 1709 build 16299.402. I did a system file check and it said ........ "found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them". I am not looking for a solution, such as dism ..... restorehealth. I am just wondering if it is my computer or someone else is...
  8. sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them.

sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them.: Hello. For quite a while, my computer had slow boot up and shutdown times and I searched online that sfc /scannow could probably help. I've tried every method regarding sfc /scannow and nothing worked. I've also included a CBS Log file to help me (the file size is 1mb too...
  9. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 with the latest Skip Ahead build 17004. Running the OS on a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop. Because of boredom I decided to run the sfc /scannow command and it seems I got some errors. All the errors are something like: "Error: Overlap: Duplicate...
  10. SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?

SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?: Hi guys. I know this may be old news to some of you guys, but posting anyway. So I installed a game which did some net framework installing and after that had a hang. Removed the game, did sfc and found corrupt files. C:\Windows\system32>sfc\scannow The system cannot...