Windows 10: Cannot find or remove second login user.

Discus and support Cannot find or remove second login user. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Setting up my new HP laptop to not having to login at startup with my password and have accidently setup another version of me. But somehow another... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tensone, Feb 17, 2021.

1. tensone Win User

Cannot find or remove second login user.

Setting up my new HP laptop to not having to login at startup with my password and have accidently setup another version of me.

But somehow another account has appeared at startup with part of my email address to which I do not know the password.
    I can click onto my windows account and loin with either password or pin.

I cannot find this other setup in accounts or family etc.

Any clues/tips where/how I can find/remove this other account I accidently started in Windows 10 Pro latest version.

:)

tensone, Feb 17, 2021
  2. Fyreman Win User

Want to DELETE second User Account at login

Hello, I'm using a Windows 10 PC and I am the only user. My administrator username is "John Doe".
    Recently when I start the PC, I get 2 options for user login-"John Doe", where I click to enter my password and a second option to use a PIN, both have EXACT name "John Doe". The first option asks for a Password- it does not accept any PW I've associated with the account. When selecting the second option, the PIN box appears. I am then able to get to my desktop screen.

I want to do two things: 1) Delete the account that asks for the PW 2) Automatically login and go to my desktop screen. When I go to Control Panel user settings to delete it, there is only ONE account that shows. I've tried at least 6 solutions suggested, none have worked. Probably need step-by-step instructions. Thanks in advance.

Fyreman, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Cannot find or remove second login user. 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot find or remove second login user. - Similar Threads - Cannot find remove

2. Cannot Remove Pin on login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Remove Pin on login: I recently have reinstalled windows, due to directx completely breaking for some reason... And now I'm stuck with a stupid **** pin on login that i cant remove, the remove button is grayed out... and if i try the ''i forgot my pin'' way to remove it it just forces me to make...
  3. Cannot Find other users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Find other users: I cannot find other users on my PC that I used to see. They can no longer log into the computer. I am using Windows 10 Home. When I try to add them again, I am told they are already added to the PC. But they are not there. What do I do?...
  4. Want to DELETE second User Account at login

Want to DELETE second User Account at login: Hello, I'm using a Windows 10 PC and I am the only user. My administrator username is "John Doe". Recently when I start the PC, I get 2 options for user login-"John Doe", where I click to enter my password and a second option to use a PIN, both have EXACT name "John Doe". The...
  5. can't remove second phantom user at login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't remove second phantom user at login: Hi All, I've got a problem I can't wrap my head around. I am giving my laptop to a young person and can't remove a phantom second user that popped up after I supposedly removed all of my info from Windows 10 ver. 2004. I have deleted the laptop from my microsoft account's...
  6. Windows cannot find user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot find user: My computer is functionally useless unless I'm online. I cannot open apps, nor can I open a file from explorer. I get the same message: Error Message: Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\****\Documents\******.doc'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again....
  7. Cannot Login to a User eventhough it is in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Login to a User eventhough it is in C:\Users: The other day I removed my school email from "Access Work or School" from my main user because I am graduating in the spring. I did this because when people graduate they lose most of the services the school offers. I keep the Email the school offers but assume that the...
  8. Other user cannot login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other user cannot login: Hi everyone, I am going to attempt to keep this as short and as simple as possible. On Friday last week (5 days ago) i agreed for my laptop to shut down and update. Leaving it on charge to do so. On Tuesday (yesterday) i made an attempt to turn my laptop on to log in and...
  9. Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users

Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users: Hi all, My computer has three users on it (John, Lawrence, and Elizabeth). The problem right now is that John is the only one that can login to the computer. For Lawrence and Elizabeth, their users don't appear at the login screen (not even in the bottom left hand...
  10. Cannot Login. Missing users on login screen.

Cannot Login. Missing users on login screen.: I have a problem with an old aspire 5920. I've upgraded it correctly to the latest build of Win10 32bit. I was already on a clean Win10 installation. Now I cannot logon anymore because the logon screen is just empty. If I press enter the clock/screensaver disappear but the...