Windows 10: Cannot Find other users

Discus and support Cannot Find other users in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I cannot find other users on my PC that I used to see. They can no longer log into the computer. I am using Windows 10 Home. When I try to add them... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JaredVibbert, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Cannot Find other users

I cannot find other users on my PC that I used to see. They can no longer log into the computer. I am using Windows 10 Home.

When I try to add them again, I am told they are already added to the PC. But they are not there.

What do I do?

:)

JaredVibbert, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 10, 2020
  4. deving Win User

Cannot Find other users

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Find other users

1. Cannot Find other users - Similar Threads - Cannot Find users

2. Cannot Find Other Computers in Workgroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Find Other Computers in Workgroup: I did a fresh install of Windows 11 Version 21H2, OS build 22000.258 on an older HP Envy notebook. Yes, I know, it's not a fully-compliant machine. However, when I try to connect to other computers in the same workgroup, I have issues. The workgroup name is set correctly, and...
  3. Cannot Find Other Computers in Workgroup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Find Other Computers in Workgroup: I did a fresh install of Windows 11 Version 21H2, OS build 22000.258 on an older HP Envy notebook. Yes, I know, it's not a fully-compliant machine. However, when I try to connect to other computers in the same workgroup, I have issues. The workgroup name is set correctly, and...
  4. one user can access, other user cannot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one user can access, other user cannot: Two Win10Pro vers 20xx computers, Ethernet LAN. In compD (destination): - password protected sharing is OFF - shares give full control permission to Everyone. CompS (source) UsernameS (standard account) can access compD (dest) which also has UsenameS. CompS Explorer lists...
  5. The windows cannot find other PC's classic

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The windows cannot find other PC's classic: With a twist and hope someone can help. So I have three PC's with Intel NIC with VLANs and untagged network 192.168.255.48/28HTPC 192.168.255.53main PC 192.168.255.55DNS 192.168.255.62 They all have file sharing on with network discovery on but none see each other...until I...
  6. Windows cannot find user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot find user: My computer is functionally useless unless I'm online. I cannot open apps, nor can I open a file from explorer. I get the same message: Error Message: Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\****\Documents\******.doc'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again....
  7. Windows cannot find C:\users.......'

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows cannot find C:\users.......': After updating Adobe Player among other programs, my laptop can no longer find Mozilla Firefox. I went to my desktop, and after updating the same programs it can no longer find Microsoft WORD or any WORD documents. the message is as follows: Windows cannot find...
  8. Windows cannot find 'C"/Users...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot find 'C"/Users...: Windows cannot find 'C"/Users /Dickson/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/swgrsjvgj/egdtcthe.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again This is the message that popped up the first time my pc boot up when I reset my pc after being attacked by some kind of...
  9. Other user cannot login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other user cannot login: Hi everyone, I am going to attempt to keep this as short and as simple as possible. On Friday last week (5 days ago) i agreed for my laptop to shut down and update. Leaving it on charge to do so. On Tuesday (yesterday) i made an attempt to turn my laptop on to log in and...
  10. Cannot access or find user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot access or find user account: I'm currently on the latest Insider Preview version of Windows 10 Pro. I've experienced a weird issue for at least past 2-3 Preview versions. Firstly, when I try to log in with pin code, I get something like 'object info not found'. When I try go via Settings or System Panel...