Windows 10: cannot find privicy setting for google chrome

Discus and support cannot find privicy setting for google chrome in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; cannot find privicy setting for google chrome... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CharlesRobinson3, Apr 28, 2020.

1. cannot find privicy setting for google chrome

cannot find privicy setting for google chrome

:)

CharlesRobinson3, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Google chrome doesn't react

Thank you for that information.

Since you were able to use Google Chrome without any issues using a different Internet connection, there is a possibility that Google Chrome is not responding when connecting to your Internet connection.

For us to isolate and resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1:
    Reset Chrome settings to default

Disclaimer: The Reset Google chrome Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset google chrome Settings
    feature. Resetting Google Chrome isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Step 2: If you are able to open google chrome follow the steps from this

article
    to back up the bookmark.

Try to export the bookmark from google chrome.

Step 3: Reset Windows Update Components.

These are services that Windows Update needs to make sure it's working effectively.

If the issue still persists, don't hesitate to inform us and we'll be happy to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. cannot find privicy setting for google chrome - Similar Threads - cannot find privicy

2. cannot use google chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot use google chrome: I get this error while using Google Chrome This site can’t be reachedlogin.live.com’s server IP address could not be found.Try:Checking the proxy, firewall and secure DNS configurationRunning Windows Network DiagnosticsDNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_SECURE_CONFIGTried all options,...
  3. cannot use google chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot use google chrome: I get this error while using Google Chrome This site can’t be reachedlogin.live.com’s server IP address could not be found.Try:Checking the proxy, firewall and secure DNS configurationRunning Windows Network DiagnosticsDNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_SECURE_CONFIGTried all options,...
  4. cannot use google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I cannot install Google chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot install Google chrome: I cannot install applications like Google Chrome, appears "Your network administrator has applied Group Policy that prevents installation". But I'm the administrator....
  6. Cannot download Chrome browser or get to Google

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot download Chrome browser or get to Google: Just bought an HP laptop for my son to do remote learning. It was my understanding that I had to get out of S mode in Windows 10 in order to be able to access apps like Google that weren't in the Microsoft Store. I did that and now the computer is in Windows 10 Home. It is...
  7. Windows Defender Google Chrome Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Google Chrome Settings: Windows 10 64 bit Build 1909. MS Edge is my main browser but I also use Google Chrome for some things. Thsi morning I started Chrome and got a message at startup "Windows Defender wishes to reset your Google Chrome Settigs. This will remove addons, cookies and...
  8. Cannot install Google Chrome (Group Policy)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot install Google Chrome (Group Policy): Hi Microsoft, I have recently uninstalled google chrome since it was slow. However when I attempt to re-install, I get the message shown in the screenshot. Is there a way to bypass this message. Thanks in advance Regards Matthew [ATTACH]...
  9. Using Google Chrome cannot access www.google.com

in Browsers and Email
    Using Google Chrome cannot access www.google.com: Hi all, I do not know what the problem is, but due to hardware limitations, the only browser that runs smoothly on my laptop is Google Chrome. I do have Firefox installed but it runs choppy at best, but google will load on it. I cannot figure this out, but Google will...
  10. Google Chrome Search settings ?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Search settings ?: Hello & Thanks, Google Chrome Search: 1) when I click on link , computer 1 opens up a new Tab. 2) when I click on link , computer 2 opens link on same Tab. Pls, how can I get 2 to open New Tab ? Where is that setting ? Thanks 83930