Windows 10: Cannot find room for the EFI system partition when trying to do mbr2gpt

Discus and support Cannot find room for the EFI system partition when trying to do mbr2gpt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been trying to convert my system partition from mbr to gpt but every time I do try it gives this error:Cannot find room for the EFI system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Awngshan Afshin, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition when trying to do mbr2gpt

I've been trying to convert my system partition from mbr to gpt but every time I do try it gives this error:Cannot find room for the EFI system partition. MBR2GPT: Conversion failedNo tutorials in YouTube match my problem so I am asking here. I was also wondering if the paragon partition manager is a safe way to convert my partition from mbr to gpt.

:)

Awngshan Afshin, Feb 25, 2024
  2. RonHajaj Win User

MBR2GPT fails with error - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

Regarding this image, which partition should I extend?

The problem wasn't that I didn't have enough space to update, it was the MBR2GPT error: "cannot find room for the EFI system partition"

RonHajaj, Feb 25, 2024
  3. RonHajaj Win User
    MBR2GPT fails with error - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

Hi,

Would love to get some help

I'm trying to install the new Win10 update but then I get this error: "windows can't be installed because this pc has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware"

Afterward I run MBR2GPT run it in WINPE but I get this error: "cannot find room for the EFI system partition"

I have two partitions on this disk: 1. System. 2. Recovery and 100mb unallocated.

When I try to shrink volume on Disk Management I get 0 size of available shrink space in MB.

The disk has plenty of free space though.

Any ideas?

RonHajaj, Feb 25, 2024
  4. Ashtr33 Win User

Cannot find room for the EFI system partition when trying to do mbr2gpt

How do find room for EFI system partition?

I've been trying to convert my Legacy bios to UEFI, to access secure boot and update to windows 11. I've been trying with to convert my disk using the mbr2gpt method, but I keep getting Can not find room for the EFI system partition. I've tried shrinking my C: and have 5gb of unallocated space, yet it is not working.

Ashtr33, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

Cannot find room for the EFI system partition when trying to do mbr2gpt

1. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition when trying to do mbr2gpt - Similar Threads - Cannot find room

2. MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hi Folks, I am wanting to upgrade my system to Windows 11, and I went and enabled TPM 2.0, and Secure Boot, after doing this whenever I went to load up my pc, it would throw me back into the BIOS settings, so I changed them back to Legacy and all is good, after some research...
  3. MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hi Folks, I am wanting to upgrade my system to Windows 11, and I went and enabled TPM 2.0, and Secure Boot, after doing this whenever I went to load up my pc, it would throw me back into the BIOS settings, so I changed them back to Legacy and all is good, after some research...
  4. MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition when trying to do mbr2gpt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find room for the EFI system partition when trying to do mbr2gpt: I've been trying to convert my system partition from mbr to gpt but every time I do try it gives this error:Cannot find room for the EFI system partition. MBR2GPT: Conversion failedNo tutorials in YouTube match my problem so I am asking here. I was also wondering if the...
  6. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition when trying to do mbr2gpt

Cannot find room for the EFI system partition when trying to do mbr2gpt: I've been trying to convert my system partition from mbr to gpt but every time I do try it gives this error:Cannot find room for the EFI system partition. MBR2GPT: Conversion failedNo tutorials in YouTube match my problem so I am asking here. I was also wondering if the...
  7. MBR2GPT Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MBR2GPT Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.: As the title states I am unable to convert my disk to UEFI, I've tried shrinking the disk but I have 0 space available for shrinking, and have been unable to change that, any way to work around this? All help is appreciated....
  8. MBR2GPT Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

MBR2GPT Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.: As the title states I am unable to convert my disk to UEFI, I've tried shrinking the disk but I have 0 space available for shrinking, and have been unable to change that, any way to work around this? All help is appreciated....
  9. MBR2GPT Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. mbr2gpt fails with "Cannot find room for the EFI system partition."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mbr2gpt fails with "Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.": Greetings. As Windows 11 comes close to it's release, I thought I'd start preparations in advance. My PC is fully compliant with Windows 11, however my disks all have MBR partition instead of GPT so I wanted to convert it as soon as possible. However, I hadn't had any luck...