Windows 10: Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

Discus and support Cannot find room for the EFI system partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Microsoft forum people.Recently I've been trying to update from legacy bios to UEFI using mbr2gpt command. However non of my attempt actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VectorPrime, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

Hello, Microsoft forum people.Recently I've been trying to update from legacy bios to UEFI using mbr2gpt command. However non of my attempt actually succeeded. I kept getting an "Cannot find room for the EFI system partition" error over and over again. I tried all the internet solutions I could find, nevertheless nothing helped, which leads me to believe that I have a special case for instance, my boot drive is not disk 0 but disk 2, however I can be wrong as I'm not a poweruser and have very little experience if any.I've linked screenshots of my setuperr.log and disk management sadly, the

:)

VectorPrime, Jul 12, 2021
  2. RonHajaj Win User

MBR2GPT fails with error - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

Regarding this image, which partition should I extend?

The problem wasn't that I didn't have enough space to update, it was the MBR2GPT error: "cannot find room for the EFI system partition"

RonHajaj, Jul 12, 2021
  3. Saltgrass Win User
    MBR2GPT fails with error - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

Have you tried running MBT2EFI while in Windows? Normally, the System EFI partition will be placed after the OS partition. If the utility cannot shrink the C partition, it may not be able to add that partition. You do only have 58 GB free in C so I can
    see why it might have problems.

It also has to add an MSR partition which is probably 16 MB so there may not be enough room in the 101 MB partition, but just guessing.

Saltgrass, Jul 12, 2021
  4. trog100 Win User

Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Cannot find room for the EFI system partition :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

1. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition - Similar Threads - Cannot find room

2. MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hi Folks, I am wanting to upgrade my system to Windows 11, and I went and enabled TPM 2.0, and Secure Boot, after doing this whenever I went to load up my pc, it would throw me back into the BIOS settings, so I changed them back to Legacy and all is good, after some research...
  3. MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MBR2GPT - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hi Folks, I am wanting to upgrade my system to Windows 11, and I went and enabled TPM 2.0, and Secure Boot, after doing this whenever I went to load up my pc, it would throw me back into the BIOS settings, so I changed them back to Legacy and all is good, after some research...
  4. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.: C:\WINDOWS\system32>MBR2GPT.EXE /convert /allowfullos MBR2GPT will now attempt to convert the default book disk. If conversion is successful the disk can only be booted in GPT mode. These changes cannot be undone! MBR2GPT: Attempting to convert disk 1 MBR2GPT: Retrieving...
  5. MBR2GPT Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MBR2GPT Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.: As the title states I am unable to convert my disk to UEFI, I've tried shrinking the disk but I have 0 space available for shrinking, and have been unable to change that, any way to work around this? All help is appreciated....
  6. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hey everyone! So I've been trying to upgrade my Windows 10 to Windows 11.Downloaded PC Health Check --> Secure boot is missingNeed to change mi disk to GPT this lead me to MBR2GPT /convert /allowFullOsI get the Cannot find room for the EFI system partition in Command Propt...
  7. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

Cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hey everyone! So I've been trying to upgrade my Windows 10 to Windows 11.Downloaded PC Health Check --> Secure boot is missingNeed to change mi disk to GPT this lead me to MBR2GPT /convert /allowFullOsI get the Cannot find room for the EFI system partition in Command Propt...
  8. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

9. cannot find room for the EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hey guys!So I've been notified that Windows 11 is available to upgrade to, but just as many other people, I cannot upgrade due to still being on Legecy MBR and TPM off. I tried the MBR2GPT cmd method and validation is successfull, but upon trying to convert I always get the...
  10. cannot find room for the EFI system partition

cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hey guys!So I've been notified that Windows 11 is available to upgrade to, but just as many other people, I cannot upgrade due to still being on Legecy MBR and TPM off. I tried the MBR2GPT cmd method and validation is successfull, but upon trying to convert I always get the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition solución