Windows 10: Cannot find script file 1.vbs

Discus and support Cannot find script file 1.vbs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep on receiving a Windows script file error saying Cannot find script file "C:\ProgramData\Windows\profile\1.vbs" I have run a malware scan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 1362NH, Jan 13, 2019.

1. 1362NH Win User

Cannot find script file 1.vbs

I keep on receiving a Windows script file error saying

Cannot find script file "C:\ProgramData\Windows\profile\1.vbs"

I have run a malware scan multiple times but i still keep on getting this error.

:)

1362NH, Jan 13, 2019

2. Running a VB Script File Using Windows 10 Task Scheduler

You can invoke VB scripts through the Task Scheduler, same as batch files or .exe files. What problem do you actually have? What is the script you run? Is it supposed to be interactive?

There is little difference between cscript.exe and wscript.exe. When you run cscript.exe you will open a black Command Processor window (cmd.exe). With wscript.exe you won't. Furthermore, the instruction wscript.echo will do different things:

• Under cscript.exe: Write a line of text in the Command Processor window.
    • Under wscript.exe: Generate message box.
    This difference is important for scripts being invoked by the Task Scheduler.

Frederik Long, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Running a VB Script File Using Windows 10 Task Scheduler

Community Members,

Using VB Script which I started learning, I wrote a simple vbs file. I want Windows 10 Task Scheduler to run the VB Script file.

First, the VB Script program works manually. It runs perfectly and does what the program says.

I have tried on several occasions to have Window 10 Task Scheduler to fire off the program on a given date and time. I have surfed the web and read numerous questions about people who have had the same problem. All the settings that need to be set, highest
    priority, run when computer is on or off,

the user and etc. I do not understand if I am the single user of the computer, in essence the admin, then why would this be an issue.

I have read about using a batch file, tried that and failed. There was some advice about using "wscript or cscript" which I do not understand why.

I am looking for some help to get my vbs file to run on a scheduled date and time. After reading all about the problem on the web, I am really confused.

I am look for a simple solution. It cannot be that hard to make a vbs file run on a given date and time.

Any help to a confused programmer would be greatly appreciated.

John JVrana, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Cannot find script file 1.vbs

Running a VB Script File Using Windows 10 Task Scheduler

Congratulations!

Your account name does indeed have an embedded space.

You can now use the Task Scheduler to run FNL2.vbs.

The .xml file you posted looks fine, except for the name of the script file.

Conclusion. There is something wrong with John's PC. His VB Scripts run fine at the Command Prompt, whether invoked directly, with cscript.exe or with wscript.exe. However, when invoked through the Task
    Scheduler they will only work when invoked explicitly with cscript.exe.

Frederik Long, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Cannot find script file 1.vbs

1. Cannot find script file 1.vbs - Similar Threads - Cannot find script

2. windows script host the system cannot find the specified file divi32.vbs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows script host the system cannot find the specified file divi32.vbs: windows script host the system cannot find the specified file divi32.vbs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-script-host-the-system-cannot-find-the/8f1f4f39-dc32-43e9-b24c-dfe1b35a7ef3
  3. windows script host the system cannot find the specified file divi32.vbs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows script host the system cannot find the specified file divi32.vbs: windows script host the system cannot find the specified file divi32.vbs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-script-host-the-system-cannot-find-the/8f1f4f39-dc32-43e9-b24c-dfe1b35a7ef3
  4. windows script host the system cannot find the specified file divi32.vbs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. VBS script malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VBS script malware: I have accidentally downloaded malware onto my computer. It is trying to run RuneGoTOMjbvdo.vbs which i deleted. I get a warning that Windows Script host cannot find the file. I have run Malwarebytes, and frst64. I have also added and enable key to the registry to disable...
  6. cannot find script file'C:\Program Data\533786.vbs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot find script file'C:\Program Data\533786.vbs: cannot find script file'C:\Program Data\533786.vbs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-script-filecprogram-data533786vbs/d981814e-e9f2-4b5e-aad5-6748e6108af1
  7. cannot find script file'C:\Program Data\533786.vbs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot find script file'C:\Program Data\533786.vbs: cannot find script file'C:\Program Data\533786.vbs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-script-filecprogram-data533786vbs/d981814e-e9f2-4b5e-aad5-6748e6108af1
  8. Cannot find script file

Cannot find script file: Hello, This message always pops up when I start my computer. This message is popping after I installed adobe illustrator and lightroom. Windows Script Host Can not find script file “c:\Users\HAZIK". What should I do? Thanks, Hazik...
  9. Cannot find script file

Cannot find script file: I keep on receiving a Windows script file error saying can not find script file "C:\ness\miner\windows1.vbs". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-script-file/9b6b25a9-0fa1-45c8-ada0-d3c49efe7d3e
  10. Cannot find script file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot find script file: Hi, I connected my kindle to laptop through usb cable and trying to open a file but every time I try to open it says " cannot find script file 'D:\MicrosoftSearchIndexer ' ". I wanna be able to open my files. Can you help me with that? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stream-all.vbs

2. Cannot find script file C:\ProgramData\Windows\profile\1.vbs

3. Windows cannot find script file C:\1vbs

4. windows cannot find 1.vbs,
  5. 1.vbs file error,
  6. c\programdata\windows\profile\1.vbs,
  7. can not find file C:\ProgramData\Windows\Profile\1.vbs,
  8. windows profile 1.vbs,
  9. windows scheduler cannot find script file,
  10. programdata\windows\profile\1.vbs