Windows 10: Cannot find SD drive

Discus and support Cannot find SD drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot see a drive in file explorer nor my SD drive in device manager nor in disk management. Any ideas? I can use the same SD cards in other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnnaNaples, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Cannot find SD drive

I cannot see a drive in file explorer nor my SD drive in device manager nor in disk management. Any ideas? I can use the same SD cards in other computers. I am using windows 10 on a laptop by Asus.

Thanks

:)

AnnaNaples, Dec 23, 2020

2. Unable to view images in SD Card

Original title: 32gb SD Card

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in trying to solve the issue.

I suggest you to check the size of the SD drive and the size of the image in the SD drive. If there is any change in the size, the images might be hidden. So I suggest you to unhide the hidden files by following the steps below.

• Right click on the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type/(copy and paste) the command below:
    attrib –h –r -s /s /d D:*.* (Replace the Last letter "D" by the drive letter as per the system

assigned for your flash drive)

3. Type Exit and press Enter.

Now open the SD card and check for the status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 23, 2020
  3. dorsetknob, Dec 23, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Cannot find SD drive

Windows 10 recognizes my SD Card as a local drive

Jon,

You posted that you would try the suggested steps by Tryx3. May we have an update if the suggested steps have resolved the issue about your SD card being recognized as a fixed drive in Windows 10?

David Haz, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Cannot find SD drive

1. Cannot find SD drive - Similar Threads - Cannot find drive

2. Cannot find network drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find network drives: I have a PC which I have set up as an at home media server. That PC is discoverable by my TVs, phones, and tablets.There are 2 other PCs in my home. One is able to see the server, and all other connected devices, but one is not able to see anything on the network yet is still...
  3. Cannot find network drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find network drives: I have a PC which I have set up as an at home media server. That PC is discoverable by my TVs, phones, and tablets.There are 2 other PCs in my home. One is able to see the server, and all other connected devices, but one is not able to see anything on the network yet is still...
  4. VB6 program cannot find network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VB6 program cannot find network drive: HelloI have a 32 bit VB6 programme that has worked for years on Windows 10 64 bit.The program is on my desktop and all the necessary files are on a portable HDD.I recently purchased a Lenovo NAS and simply copied the portable HDD files to it.The program loops through the...
  5. D Drive cannot find

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D Drive cannot find: Hi, The D drive of my laptop suddenly disappear. I am wondering how to fix it. It is shown as below in the device manager for the hard disk drive. Thanks. This device cannot start. Code 10 {Access Denied} A process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted...
  6. Cannot find file in One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find file in One Drive: Cannot find my file in One Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-file-in-one-drive/8aa634c2-2916-414b-822d-0b1dbffa7622
  7. I cannot Seem to Find My Drive

I cannot Seem to Find My Drive: I bought a laptop and it had only 32GB harddrive, after installing windows there was no space to install office anf even work on the computer. The laptop had a space for a second external drive to be added. I bought a 500GB harddrive and installed it. With the help of...
  8. sd drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sd drive: My SD card slot will not allow me to push the card in and hear the click indicating the card is secured in the machine. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-drive/7898f1d4-52c7-4e4a-9810-c668e21fddad"
  9. cannot find my file in one drive

cannot find my file in one drive: I saved a file to one drive from my laptop yesterday, but I can't find my file in one drive from my desktop. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-my-file-in-one-drive/7af4dd02-2d07-4da7-a9e5-9d11b04c15a7
  10. Cannot find SD Card reader driver

Cannot find SD Card reader driver: Hi, I went on to do a fresh re-install of Windows 10 on this laptop (ASUS X550ZE-XX026H). Everything is working well but I couldn't find the SD Card reader driver for my laptop. I don't know which one in this link: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Driver & Tools - is...