Windows 10: cannot find/ set-up "device" for app download

Discus and support cannot find/ set-up "device" for app download in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; how too download app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-set-up-device-for-app-download/12f4c0eb-29fe-4c05-b369-cac4eb0fc372 Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JohnO'Connor9, Jul 23, 2020.

1. cannot find/ set-up "device" for app download

how too download app

:)

JohnO'Connor9, Jul 23, 2020

2. After downloading apps-download disappear (It did not show up the setup apps).

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

1. Which browser are you using to download the apps?

2. Did you see the download progress is completed successfully?

3. Where exactly(location) you are looking for the downloaded app?

4. Is this issue specific with Java and Flash Player?

5. Did you try downloading some other app and check if the same issue occurs?

I suggest you to download all the windows updates and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• On the search bar type Settings.
    • Click on Update and Security.
    • Click on Check for Updates.
    • Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.
    Also, I suggest you to set the download location for Internet Explorer and download apps using Explorer and check.

Follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Access the settings menu by clicking on the settings icon
      (it is a round gear shape near the top right of the Internet Explorer browser).
    • Choose "View downloads" from the menu. This will bring up the Downloads window.

• Click on "Options."

• Press the Browse button and browse to the folder where you want to download to be saved.

• Confirm with the OK button to assign the new download location. The downloads you perform from hereon will be saved in the folder that you have chosen.

If you are using Edge browser for downloading apps, please follow the steps below to find the downloaded app if it is completed successfully.

• Open the Microsoft Edge app.
    • Click on the Hub button on the right top corner of the screen (next to save favorites).
    • Click on Downloads button in the Hub, and click on the Open folder link.

Revert to us with the requested information and the results of the steps provided. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Aug 1, 2020
  3. trouble with finding a downloaded app

I downloaded an app and the store shows that its downloaded but the app is nowhere to be found, it is not listed in the list of apps and now the app is taking a lot of space on the phone (because it is instaled) but can not be used or uninstaled because
    i cant find it anywhere. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance ��

IvanaDužević, Aug 1, 2020
  4. cannot find/ set-up "device" for app download

cannot download apps

Hello, TaJeMu.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We're glad to help you!

I understand that you are unable to download apps from the Store. We suggest you to try these steps:

On your phone
    Check that your phone is set to the correct date and time.
    • Select Settings > Time and language >
      Date+time
      (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Settings >
      date+time
      ).
    • Turn Set date and time automatically to Off, and manually set the current date, time and zone.
    Sync your Microsoft account manually and check its status.
    • Select People > ... > Settings, tap and hold your Microsoft (Outlook) account and select
      Synchronize (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Settings >
      email+accounts, tap and hold Microsoft (Windows Live) account and select
      sync).
    • Wait your phone to sync and then continue to the next step.
    After performing these steps try download the app from the Store.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks!

Justin Sor, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

cannot find/ set-up "device" for app download

1. cannot find/ set-up "device" for app download - Similar Threads - cannot find set

2. I cannot find the change recommended app settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot find the change recommended app settings: I cannot find the app settings on this PC to change my app settings. It keeps giving me the change your recommend settings, and then nothing is there to reverse it. I tried seeing if the Windows is in S-mode, and it won't allow me to do that either....
  3. Cannot find "Advanced App Settings Option" under apps in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find "Advanced App Settings Option" under apps in settings: Hi there, I just got this laptop, and I cannot download google chrome or other apps due to them not being approved by Microsoft. I was told to go to settings -> apps -> advanced app settings but there is no "advanced app settings" option under the apps tab. I was then told it...
  4. Cannot find "Advanced App Settings Option" under apps in settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find "Advanced App Settings Option" under apps in settings: Hi there, I just got this laptop, and I cannot download google chrome or other apps due to them not being approved by Microsoft. I was told to go to settings -> apps -> advanced app settings but there is no "advanced app settings" option under the apps tab. I was then told it...
  5. Cannot find apps recommendation in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find apps recommendation in settings: When im installing some apps out of microsoft store allways popup the apps recommendation.But when i click to change that its not here.Please help me.Goty...
  6. Cannot find apps recommendation in settings

Cannot find apps recommendation in settings: When im installing some apps out of microsoft store allways popup the apps recommendation.But when i click to change that its not here.Please help me.Goty...
  7. cannot install purchased app - cannot find my device??

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cannot install purchased app - cannot find my device??: Hello, I have just purchased an app Diarium from Microsoft and when I try to install it, it says it cannot find my device. When I try to add a device, the only options I have is for Microsoft products, not my ThinkPad. My Windows/Office license is registered to my company and...
  8. Microsoft Store not downloading app/ not finding device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not downloading app/ not finding device.: Hello. My laptop is approx. 3 years old. I have installed Windows 10 Enterprise , latest version and when I try downloading the app Minecraft Windows 10 Edition by the Download/Run button, nothing happens. When using "Download on my devices" option, a windows appears,...
  9. Microseft Store not downloading app/ not finding device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microseft Store not downloading app/ not finding device.: Hello. My laptop is approx. 3 years old. I have installed Windows 10 Enterprise , latest version and when I try downloading the app Minecraft Windows 10 Edition by the Download/Run button, nothing happens. When using "Download on my devices" option, a windows appears,...
  10. Can't find downloaded apps on my device

Can't find downloaded apps on my device: Hello. I downloaded two apps from microsoft store but I can't find them anywhere on my device. When I tried to download them again, the dialog said I already own the apps, but I just can't seem to find them on the device. What shoud I do?...