Windows 10: Cannot find some network computer

Discus and support Cannot find some network computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did a comptuter reset on windows 10 computer. Now I cannot find some of network computer's. The network computer can be found by all the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kpsneuro, Oct 4, 2019.

1. kpsneuro Win User

Cannot find some network computer

I did a comptuter reset on windows 10 computer. Now I cannot find some of network computer's. The network computer can be found by all the other computers on LAN. I tried to update network adapter driver, change discovery of computer to automatic delayed start on both computers.

Any help will be appreciated.

:)

kpsneuro, Oct 4, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot find some network computer - Similar Threads - Cannot find network

2. Cannot find network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find network adapter: I have been using a Asus a15 laptop and recently came across a problem where my internet kept disappearing.So I deleted my network adapter and tried to reinstall it but I cannot find it anywhere. I have tried multiple methods and I have even factory reset my laptop. None have...
  3. Cannot find network drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find network drives: I have a PC which I have set up as an at home media server. That PC is discoverable by my TVs, phones, and tablets.There are 2 other PCs in my home. One is able to see the server, and all other connected devices, but one is not able to see anything on the network yet is still...
  4. Cannot find network drives

Cannot find network drives: I have a PC which I have set up as an at home media server. That PC is discoverable by my TVs, phones, and tablets.There are 2 other PCs in my home. One is able to see the server, and all other connected devices, but one is not able to see anything on the network yet is still...
  5. Cannot Find New Windows 10 Computer on Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Find New Windows 10 Computer on Network: I had two computers that needed to be connected. Both had windows 7. I replaced the desktop and the new one is Windows 10. I have read so many discussions and it seems like it should be easy, but my windows 7 cannot see the 10 on the network. The 10 can see the 7. I believe I...
  6. Cannot Find New Windows 10 Computer on Network

Cannot Find New Windows 10 Computer on Network: I had two computers that needed to be connected. Both had windows 7. I replaced the desktop and the new one is Windows 10. I have read so many discussions and it seems like it should be easy, but my windows 7 cannot see the 10 on the network. The 10 can see the 7. I believe I...
  7. Cannot Find New Windows 10 Computer on Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Cannot see network-attached storage on some computers

Cannot see network-attached storage on some computers: We have a home network with 5 computers and a network-storage device. Until recently all was working fine, all computers could see the NAS and map it to a drive letter. Suddenly 3 of the computers cannot see the NAS at all, either as a mapped drive or by its native name. The...
  9. My computer cannot find wifi networks

My computer cannot find wifi networks: I just updated my computer to the newest windows 10 update because it was running kind of slow but now my computer cannot find any networks at all. Ive tried all the basic fixes but nothing seems to work. Help me please...
  10. Cannot find network printer

Cannot find network printer: I just had to do a fresh install of Windows. I have a networked printer, HP LaserJet 1320n, that cannot be found even if I put in the its IP address. What is the best forum to post this? Thanks, Jeff Windows 10.0.18363 149634