Windows 10: Cannot find the compatibility tab on an exe. file

Discus and support Cannot find the compatibility tab on an exe. file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am having trouble finding the compatibility tab under properties of an exe. file. I am going through tech support for an issue about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bryangulino, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Cannot find the compatibility tab on an exe. file

Hi,

I am having trouble finding the compatibility tab under properties of an exe. file.

I am going through tech support for an issue about software i downloaded from them. they want me to change the DPI settings within the compatibility tab, but i dont see the tab. I right click on the exe. file, choose properties, and i should see a compatibility tab but i dont. I am using windows 10.

He provided the below instruction once i reach the compatibility tab.

"the goal is to disable high DPI settings. So if there is a checkbox next to this that you can activate in order to disable or override high DPI, click it to activate. If it asks what you want the scaling to be performed by (it may not), you should have the default option to pick "Application". If your menu shows a "Change high DPI settings" button that opens a new window, there may also be a Program DPI setting that says "Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program...". Enable this as well."

If there is another way i accomplish his instructions that would help as well.

Please help.

thank you

Bryan

:)

bryangulino, Feb 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 Game Compatibility

Hello Debie,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

There are some programs that need new definitions compatible with Windows 10. Till the time they are unavailable you can install the programs compatible with previous versions of operating system in compatibility mode. If you can access the executable (.exe)
    file for the game, I would suggest you to follow the below provided steps:

Step 1: Download and save the game on the desktop.

Step 2: Install the game in compatibility mode.

• Right click on the .exe file, and click on Properties.
    • Go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    • Select Windows 8 (or any other compatible OS) in the list of Operating systems.
    • Click OK.
    • Double-click the executable file to install the game and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Reboot your computer.
    Additional information:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 driver issue Asus tablet EEE Slate B121

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I suggest that you install the drivers in the compatibility mode and check. Follow the below steps.

Find the file that installs the drivers and then...

• Right click on the exe
    • Click on Properties
    • Click the Compatibility tab
    • Tick the box labelled Run this program in compatibility mode for

• Select the version of Windows that this application was designed to run on

Vinod Archak, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Cannot find the compatibility tab on an exe. file

USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Cannot find the compatibility tab on an exe. file

1. Cannot find the compatibility tab on an exe. file - Similar Threads - Cannot find compatibility

2. No compatibility tab ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No compatibility tab ?: So I upgraded to windows 11 and some of my app started acting up saying they cant start in on windows 7 eve tho I am using 11 now on wd10 I would just go to properties and compatibility tab and set it to start in wd10 or 11 mode but now when I go to properties there is no...
  3. No compatibility tab ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No compatibility tab ?: So I upgraded to windows 11 and some of my app started acting up saying they cant start in on windows 7 eve tho I am using 11 now on wd10 I would just go to properties and compatibility tab and set it to start in wd10 or 11 mode but now when I go to properties there is no...
  4. I cannot find/add the compatibility tab for Fallout 3 GOTY edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot find/add the compatibility tab for Fallout 3 GOTY edition: Trying to run Fallout 3 GOTY edition on windows 11. It needs to be run on Windows 7 or vista but I couldn't find the compatibility tab in 'Properties' on the game file C:\Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty. Also tried adding compatibility tab for all user...
  5. I cannot find/add the compatibility tab for Fallout 3 GOTY edition

I cannot find/add the compatibility tab for Fallout 3 GOTY edition: Trying to run Fallout 3 GOTY edition on windows 11. It needs to be run on Windows 7 or vista but I couldn't find the compatibility tab in 'Properties' on the game file C:\Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty. Also tried adding compatibility tab for all user...
  6. Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe: I'm getting the error "windows cannot find ***.exe for all programs like taskmgr.exe regedit.exe advanced system settings, same error when I try to run command prompt as administrator. I did run it in recovery mode with the command sfc /scannow. Problem wasn't solved, and...
  7. Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe

Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe: I'm getting the error "windows cannot find ***.exe for all programs like taskmgr.exe regedit.exe advanced system settings, same error when I try to run command prompt as administrator. I did run it in recovery mode with the command sfc /scannow. Problem wasn't solved, and...
  8. Windows cannot find .exe file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find .exe file.: I've been trying to fix this problem for about a week and nothing has worked. Whenever I open a game, I get this. All I have to do is press "ok" about four times and it goes away. It's getting very annoying. Any help would be very appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows cannot find multiple exe files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows cannot find multiple exe files?: I woke up today and found that multiple of my programs could not find their exe file. As I did research I found out possibly malware or ransomware so I just reset and reinstalled windows 10 on my personal pc. A family members PC is now however doing the same! We did not share...
  10. Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe: This problem started when my system did a OS update. I run a windows 10 and since the update of the software, the volume of my system has gone down really low. When I click to open the sounds from the speaker, it gives me the message "windows cannot find the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant find compatibility tab windows 10

2. windows compatibility tab C#

3. cant find compatibility tab win 10

4. no compatbility tab for executable,
  5. the compatibility Tab,
  6. select propertiesunder the compatibility tab,
  7. windows cannot see compatibility tab,
  8. cant find compatibility drop down,
  9. cant find compatibility tab