Windows 10: Cannot find way to uninstall Windows version and am on Day 9 of the 10

Discus and support Cannot find way to uninstall Windows version and am on Day 9 of the 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have had endless issues with the recent Windows updates - and a System Restore broke all of my downloaded apps (I was not able to open any browsers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by CODeb, Jul 29, 2020.

1. CODeb Win User

Cannot find way to uninstall Windows version and am on Day 9 of the 10

I have had endless issues with the recent Windows updates - and a System Restore broke all of my downloaded apps (I was not able to open any browsers, Word, Excel, Camtasia - nothing). I undid the system restore and got back my apps.

In reply to another post I made about this on TenForums, the person assisting said I should uninstall the versions of Windows I installed on 7/21/20 - so I am trying to do this before my 10 days is gone, but they are not listed in the Uninstall an Update section of Settings. See screenshot.

Can anyone assist with this? I need to do this today I think. Thanks so much!

Deb

Winver 1909 (OS Build 18363.959)

Cannot find way to uninstall Windows version and am on Day 9 of the 10 [​IMG]

:)

CODeb, Jul 29, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Cannot find way to uninstall Windows version and am on Day 9 of the 10 :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2020
  4. trigan5 Win User

Cannot uninstall Free Sound Recorder v10.7.1 Type 32 bit HELP!

I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 installed Version number 1903 and I think it is 64 bit. I installed the above program 2 months ago and I want to uninstall it.
    I tried the many suggestions provided here:
    Uninstall and Remove Free Sound Recorder 8.2.3 Step by Step
    except the last suggestion but none of them worked.
    The last suggestion tells you to download a third party uninstaller and tells you to click on a link which I do not know I can trust. I have however tried installing Revo uninstaller 2.1.0 free version and even this program could not uninstall the program. The message is always the same

C\Program Files(86x)\Free Sound Recorder\unins000.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall.

Will installing bitdefender antivirus program get rid of it?
    PLEASE HELP.

trigan5, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot find way to uninstall Windows version and am on Day 9 of the 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot find uninstall

2. Windows 10 cannot automatically repair. Can't find a way to fix it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 cannot automatically repair. Can't find a way to fix it.: My friend system restored his pc and now it just auto goes to the startup repair screen and won't boot into windows. I tried doing the fixmbr command which worked but fixboot says something like directory/path i forgot which not found. Is there any way to fix this without a...
  3. Windows 10 cannot automatically repair. Can't find a way to fix it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 cannot automatically repair. Can't find a way to fix it.: My friend system restored his pc and now it just auto goes to the startup repair screen and won't boot into windows. I tried doing the fixmbr command which worked but fixboot says something like directory/path i forgot which not found. Is there any way to fix this without a...
  4. How do I uninstall an App that cannot be uninstalled? "Windows cannot find file.exe."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I uninstall an App that cannot be uninstalled? "Windows cannot find file.exe.": I wanted to uninstall 'Discord' from my computer and thought that deleting the application from my desktop and deleting a few files would do the trick, it had disappeared from the start bar and desktop after I had done this, but I didn't know I needed to UNINSTALL apps Though...
  5. How do I uninstall an App that cannot be uninstalled? "Windows cannot find file.exe."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall an App that cannot be uninstalled? "Windows cannot find file.exe.": I wanted to uninstall 'Discord' from my computer and thought that deleting the application from my desktop and deleting a few files would do the trick, it had disappeared from the start bar and desktop after I had done this, but I didn't know I needed to UNINSTALL apps Though...
  6. How do I uninstall an App that cannot be uninstalled? "Windows cannot find file.exe."

7. Uninstall Error "Windows cannot find..."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall Error "Windows cannot find...": I was mid-update on my Zoom application and the update crashed. Now I'm unable to open Zoom error says "the item 'Zoom.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed, moved.... and I also am unable to uninstall it and start over. When I try to uninstall, I get the error...
  8. Uninstall Error "Windows cannot find..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall Error "Windows cannot find...": I was mid-update on my Zoom application and the update crashed. Now I'm unable to open Zoom error says "the item 'Zoom.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed, moved.... and I also am unable to uninstall it and start over. When I try to uninstall, I get the error...
  9. Uninstall Error "Windows cannot find..."

10. Cannot Find Program to Uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Find Program to Uninstall: Hello, I tried to install Encyclopedia Britannica from a DVD, but it appeared to stall, so I stopped the installation. When I tried to reinstall it, a message popped up and said it could not continue with the installation until I removed the previous installation, which I...