Windows 10: Cannot find way to uninstall Windows version and am on Day 9 of the 10

Discus and support Cannot find way to uninstall Windows version and am on Day 9 of the 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have had endless issues with the recent Windows updates - and a System Restore broke all of my downloaded apps (I was not able to open any browsers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by CODeb, Jul 29, 2020 at 6:22 PM.

1. CODeb Win User

Cannot find way to uninstall Windows version and am on Day 9 of the 10

I have had endless issues with the recent Windows updates - and a System Restore broke all of my downloaded apps (I was not able to open any browsers, Word, Excel, Camtasia - nothing). I undid the system restore and got back my apps.

In reply to another post I made about this on TenForums, the person assisting said I should uninstall the versions of Windows I installed on 7/21/20 - so I am trying to do this before my 10 days is gone, but they are not listed in the Uninstall an Update section of Settings. See screenshot.

Can anyone assist with this? I need to do this today I think. Thanks so much!

Deb

Winver 1909 (OS Build 18363.959)

Cannot find way to uninstall Windows version and am on Day 9 of the 10 [​IMG]

:)

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Cannot find way to uninstall Windows version and am on Day 9 of the 10 :confused:

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

4. trigan5 Win User

Cannot uninstall Free Sound Recorder v10.7.1 Type 32 bit HELP!

I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 installed Version number 1903 and I think it is 64 bit. I installed the above program 2 months ago and I want to uninstall it.
    I tried the many suggestions provided here:
    Uninstall and Remove Free Sound Recorder 8.2.3 Step by Step
    except the last suggestion but none of them worked.
    The last suggestion tells you to download a third party uninstaller and tells you to click on a link which I do not know I can trust. I have however tried installing Revo uninstaller 2.1.0 free version and even this program could not uninstall the program. The message is always the same

C\Program Files(86x)\Free Sound Recorder\unins000.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall.

Will installing bitdefender antivirus program get rid of it?
    PLEASE HELP.

Thema:

1. Cannot find way to uninstall Windows version and am on Day 9 of the 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot find uninstall

2. Cannot uninstall windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot uninstall windows.: [ATTACH] Hello, recently I have been having problems uninstalling/reinstalling programs getting MSI Error 1606, so I decided to try and reinstall windows. I went to the reset windows tab in windows settings and the procedure was going well until it started reinstalling....
  3. It cant find a game that I am trying to uninstall.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It cant find a game that I am trying to uninstall.: So I'm trying to delete some apps to get some more space on my computer and when I try and uninstall the game on storage/apps and features it says it can't find it but yet it is taking up space on my computer. How do I get rid of it?...
  4. Windows Spotlight that never works and I cannot find a way to fix it

Windows Spotlight that never works and I cannot find a way to fix it: I love Windows spotlight (when it works). I have tried everything I have been able to find from Google and nothing can fix my Spotlight. It's always stuck in the ugly Windows default greenish lake image. This doesn't fix my Spotlight...
  5. uninstall is there another way

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uninstall is there another way: Why cant i uninstall this[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-is-there-another-way/63a97353-efb4-4ce0-9757-75bc5b51e67f
  6. Is there a way to find OLDER versions of Windows Apps, in particular the 3D viewer?

Is there a way to find OLDER versions of Windows Apps, in particular the 3D viewer?: For example, please look at this comparison of my 3d model viewed in an old version of Windows 3D viewer compared with the newer version where it looks like complete garbage. I can't find older version anywhere and I regret upgrading SO MUCH!!! Old version...
  7. Cannot uninstall Bitfender in Window 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot uninstall Bitfender in Window 10: When I attempt to uninstall Bitdefender Total Security on my laptop, the error message 'You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Bitdender Total Security. Please contact your system administrator." is displayed. Can anyone please advise how to resolve this....
  8. Cannot find version required of C ++ redistributable - version : 8.0.50608.0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot find version required of C ++ redistributable - version : 8.0.50608.0: Hello, Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS\SLDWORKS.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.OpenMP,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0" could not be found. Please...
  9. Windows Cannot Find

Windows Cannot Find: When I download an exe file, like iTunes for example, and click on "Open" I always get this message: "Windows cannot find C:\users\*myPCname*\Desktop\iTunesSetup.exe". I can't open about 40% of the stuff on my PC due to this issue....
  10. I also, am trying to find a way to find a way to lodge a complaint about Microsoft's...

I also, am trying to find a way to find a way to lodge a complaint about Microsoft's...: I tried several times to install Office 365 and kept getting various errors. Contacted Support and eventually got a tier 1 support person who was very polite and helpful but could not solve the issue, so he created a case number for me and supposedly escalated to tier 2. I...