Windows 10: Cannot find where screenshots are being saved

Discus and support Cannot find where screenshots are being saved in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My screenshots are not being saved in the screenshots folder anymore and whenever I take a screenshot, the "screenshot taken" pop up doesn't appear.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AurumCR1, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Cannot find where screenshots are being saved

My screenshots are not being saved in the screenshots folder anymore and whenever I take a screenshot, the "screenshot taken" pop up doesn't appear. But when I go into a game like Roblox for instance, screenshots taken in game get saved to a folder called Roblox under pictures.

This started happening after I updated my PC a few days ago.

submitted by /u/AurumCR1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AurumCR1, Apr 5, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you want to save the screenshots taken using Prtscn directly to OneDrive.

We would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Save screenshots to OneDrive automatically
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    How do I save snip screenshots as .JPG?

Hi,

You can save a screenshot directly as a .jpeg file in the Snipping tool. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press File.

• Select Save As....

• Choose a File name.

• Select the drop-down besides Save as type.

• Select JPEG file.

• Press Save.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Cannot find where screenshots are being saved

JPG screenshots

Hi George,

You can actually save a screenshot directly as a .JPEG file in the Snipping tool, kindly refer to these steps:

• Press File.
    • Select Save As....
    • Choose a File name.
    • In Save as type select the drop-down.
    • Choose JPEG file.
    • Hit Save.

Update us on the result.

Marilou Ser, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Cannot find where screenshots are being saved

1. Cannot find where screenshots are being saved - Similar Threads - Cannot find where

2. Screenshots Are Not Being Automatically Saved To Dropbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots Are Not Being Automatically Saved To Dropbox: I am using Windows 11 Lenovo Ideapad 1i. I have set my Dropbox preferences to ensure that screenshots are shared with Dropbox. I click my Screenshots folder, and I see nothing there. On my last laptop, all I had to do was press prtsc and the screenshot automatically went to...
  3. Screenshots Are Not Being Automatically Saved To Dropbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshots Are Not Being Automatically Saved To Dropbox: I am using Windows 11 Lenovo Ideapad 1i. I have set my Dropbox preferences to ensure that screenshots are shared with Dropbox. I click my Screenshots folder, and I see nothing there. On my last laptop, all I had to do was press prtsc and the screenshot automatically went to...
  4. HELP! Screenshots are not being saved to screenshot folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Screenshots are not being saved to screenshot folder?: I cant seem to find my screenshots anywhere. Even after taking a screenshot [Shift + Windows + S], the screenshot folder [One Drive > Pictures > Screenshots] remains empty. i’ve made sure to tick the ‘Save Screenshots I capture to OneDrive’ from OneDrive settings and to no...
  5. HELP! Screenshots are not being saved to screenshot folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! Screenshots are not being saved to screenshot folder?: I cant seem to find my screenshots anywhere. Even after taking a screenshot [Shift + Windows + S], the screenshot folder [One Drive > Pictures > Screenshots] remains empty. i’ve made sure to tick the ‘Save Screenshots I capture to OneDrive’ from OneDrive settings and to no...
  6. Where can i find screenshots?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where can i find screenshots?: When i make a screenshot with fn+prt sc/insert i cant view it unless i do shift+insert/prt sc somewhere i can attach images. I searched every folder but cant find the one. Anyone knows where it is? Its a HP elitebook 840, windows 10 pro, version 2004. I don't know when i got...
  7. Cannot find Screenshots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find Screenshots: I may have moved my Screenshots folder at one time. Now when I do a print screen, I cannot find them anywhere. I have looked in the Pictures/Screenshots folder and the folder was not there. I tried creating a new "Screenshots" folder in Pictures, but it still does not place...
  8. Where are screenshots saved?

Where are screenshots saved?: I know that I should press PrtSc to save a screenshot. But when I click on it, nothing happens. They might be saved somewhere or not.I don’t know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-screenshots-saved/6ed62a9d-ffdb-4ae4-893f-3605370194b8"
  9. Cannot Find Screenshots Folder

Cannot Find Screenshots Folder: I have been taking screenshots by using the Windows key and Print Screen shortcut for a while now. I know that this originally created a folder in Pictures labeled Screenshots, but I had moved the folder to another location, specifically to another folder. A few weeks ago, I...
  10. Screenshots.... not being saved in usual folder anymore?

in Windows 10 Support
    Screenshots.... not being saved in usual folder anymore?: A while ago, after an update a month or so ago, I've discovered that the screenshots no longer save in the Pictures library folder. Where did they go, and why were they moved? 131419