Windows 10: cannot find window media player on my computer. Search reveals nothing

Discus and support cannot find window media player on my computer. Search reveals nothing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Tried various search means but nothing comes up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by STANKENSIC, Jan 12, 2020.

1. cannot find window media player on my computer. Search reveals nothing

Tried various search means but nothing comes up

:)

STANKENSIC, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 12, 2020
  4. cannot find window media player on my computer. Search reveals nothing

Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

cannot find window media player on my computer. Search reveals nothing

1. cannot find window media player on my computer. Search reveals nothing - Similar Threads - cannot find window

2. Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's: So just yesterday I borrowed Simon & Garfunkel's entire Discography from my local library and- what Ive found is my windows media player does not retrieve any album info or its album cover for that matter.Thus far ive tried Deleting its cache, reinstalling the media player,...
  3. Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's: So just yesterday I borrowed Simon & Garfunkel's entire Discography from my local library and- what Ive found is my windows media player does not retrieve any album info or its album cover for that matter.Thus far ive tried Deleting its cache, reinstalling the media player,...
  4. Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.What to do ?...
  5. Cannot reinstall windows media player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot reinstall windows media player: i inadvertently unistalled windows media player which was installed when i bought the computer. I've restored my computer to an earlier date but then I am asked where I should store the backup. I've tried many different locations but none of them work. I want to store it...
  6. No media players work on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No media players work on my computer: Whenever I try opening a media file MP3, AVI, MP4 any media program I try won't open. They are shown running in the task manager, but none of them open on-screen. I have tried VLC, SMPlayer, 5KPlayer, and none of them open. Under Apps, it says I have Window Media Player...
  7. Cannot open Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open Windows Media Player: WMP does not show up in my start menu but does in my file menu. Only when I attempt to open either as admin. or from location, it does nothing. I have used it before so I know it is there and does work, but my music is in my Music file and I'm trying to transfer it to my...
  8. CANNOT FIND MEDIA PLAYER IN PC

CANNOT FIND MEDIA PLAYER IN PC: cannot play dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-media-player-in-pc/fcf9f8a7-f577-4a10-8e11-d09cc6b5ff64
  9. Cannot find RIP button in Win10 media player

Cannot find RIP button in Win10 media player: I cannot find RIP button when I insert CD-R80 into laptop. The audio file plays, but RIP button does not appear. Please note I want to make a copy of the audio file in my Windows Media Player. PS: I don't want to burn a new CD, which seems to be the topic that comes...
  10. Windows 10 search finds nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 search finds nothing: Hi group, I guess the title says it all here. Windows 10 search finds nothing, just grinds and grinds. Appreciate any ideas. 120572