Windows 10: Cannot find windows boot loader after installation of Dual boot PopOS 20.04.

Discus and support Cannot find windows boot loader after installation of Dual boot PopOS 20.04. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've dual booted popOS 20.04 alongside windows 10. After installation the boot menu only displays these options: 1. pop os current kernel 2. pop os old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/itsrko02, May 30, 2020.

1. Cannot find windows boot loader after installation of Dual boot PopOS 20.04.

I've dual booted popOS 20.04 alongside windows 10. After installation the boot menu only displays these options: 1. pop os current kernel 2. pop os old kernel 3. some other option

The previous EFI partition that includes windows boot file got formatted and i've to create a new EFI file system for pop os. How can I load the windows boot menu in the current efi partition?

Please help me.

submitted by /u/itsrko02
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/itsrko02, May 30, 2020
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

How do I remove the Linux Boot Loader?

You don't actually uninstall a boot loader but replace it with another.

You cannot get Ubuntu to start on a Windows' boot loader, it needs to be GRUB (or an open source equivalent).

Any ways, to get the Windows' boot loader back up, you need to insert your WIN7 installer disk and select the repair option>startup repair. I am assuming the WIN7 will use a similar setup menu as VISTA.

Follow the guide here for step by step intructions: Fixing the Windows Bootloader via the setup DVD

After that, just format the partition/disk that ubuntu is on...

3. Re-install xp in dual-boot configuration

I had an installation of xp . Then I added an installation of windows 7 and dual-booted both. Now the xp installation won`t boot and I want to repair / re-install it. If I do this , will it remove the windows 7 boot-loader and if it does then how do I get back my working dual-boot configuration ?

francis511, May 30, 2020
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Cannot find windows boot loader after installation of Dual boot PopOS 20.04.

Dual Boot?

I can help here iv had both i used partition magic to split my HDD and i installed vista on one and xp was already on the other only problem is id watch out if i were you for some reason vista does not like to dual boot iv seen this on a couple of my machines and my buddys. so step one have xp installed step 2 find a partitioner of your choice i dont know of any except partition magic and the one included on xp...only thing is i dont think the one on xp will even partition them...then pop in your vista DVD and select the drive of your choice....the only thing i can think of that causes vista to hate dual booting sooo much is that when their are 2 OS's installed xp uses its own prog to list them on boot well vista uses a totally diff boot loader than the previous os's and i think they conflict the problems i hade were the standard missing windows folder missing HAL.dll and the nt one dont remember the name.....that and after your done vista and boot into xp things didnt like to start correctly specially if you scan disk with vista.

Solaris17, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Cannot find windows boot loader after installation of Dual boot PopOS 20.04.

1. Cannot find windows boot loader after installation of Dual boot PopOS 20.04. - Similar Threads - Cannot find boot

2. Cannot install Windows 7 as dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Windows 7 as dual boot: Rufus (v3.14-latest copy we find) apparently doesn't work with Windows 10, and the Microsoft iso download of Windows 7 is a French or Korean version. What other options are there for instatlling a dual boot Win 7 with Win 10? 180498
  3. dual boot without boot loader - Windows 10 Pro + Windows 10 Pro

dual boot without boot loader - Windows 10 Pro + Windows 10 Pro: About Dual boot if having installed Windows 10 Pro - but OS suffers cannot update OS neither install nor update Applications If I wanted dual boot it 1 If insert a second SSD, and install Windows 10 Pro --- this process will create a Boot loader - and at boot choose the...
  4. Cannot boot to windows after dual booting with ubunutu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot to windows after dual booting with ubunutu: When i installed ubunutu in my computer it was working fine. When i want to go back to windows GRUB was there but i was surprised that it shows there is a problem and windows is diagnosing the problem. It didnt solve the problem and i tried setting the active partition butit...
  5. Windows boot screen installer Dual boot

Windows boot screen installer Dual boot: When I saw this I instantly force shut down and booted my mxlinux. All the files were safe of both windows and Linux. This problem occured after I ran a command that was supposed to fix the problem of me having different time in Linux and window on dual boot. The command:...
  6. Cannot dual boot after installing Windows 10 with Windows 7

Cannot dual boot after installing Windows 10 with Windows 7: The win7 mentioned is latest since it is auto-updated. win10 is version 1903. This is not the first time I am doing this. Months ago I did it on my own PC: old system is win7 with single HDD, I shrink the win7 partition to spare new volume for win10, install win10 with USB...
  7. Boot Loader

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Loader: I have a HP Z220 workstation (got it off of Amazon), and I'm so interested in booting off of a M.2 SSD. I found a paper on this called Clover-EFI bootloader method, and it sounds like it works. Here's my problem, I do know a little bit about programming, but not familiar with...
  8. Unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu as dual boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu as dual boot: Initially my windows was running perfectly. Then i tried to dual boot it with ubuntu. After doing dual boot I'm not able to access windows. I'm getting a screen like this.[IMG]I also tried using grub command but it didn't work!! ***Original title: Dual boot***...
  9. Windows 10 will not boot after Windows 7 Dual-boot Installation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not boot after Windows 7 Dual-boot Installation.: I recently installed Windows 7 alongside Windows 10 for better support for older games, however Windows 10 will now no longer boot, it simply goes to a black screen with a circle of spinning dots with occasional disk activity. I have left it like this for at least 3 hours...
  10. dual boot - boot loader not always loaded

dual boot - boot loader not always loaded: Hello! I got a problem with my Windows 10 / Windows 7 dual boot system. The boot loader does not come up every time. It depends on what I did before. Shut down Windows 10 -> boot loader does not show up on next boot and Windows 10 boots up. Reboot Windows 10 -> boot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to dual boot pop os and windows 10

2. popos windows bootloader