Windows 10: Cannot find wireless connection

Discus and support Cannot find wireless connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am using a laptop and recently it started to lose wireless connection for no reason and stopped working. This was happening for 2 weeks but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KoullisHadjis, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Cannot find wireless connection

Hello, I am using a laptop and recently it started to lose wireless connection for no reason and stopped working. This was happening for 2 weeks but now I can't find a connection from my router. It is not the routers fault since every other device in the house has a connection. I try everything on the internet, running commands on cmd, updating drivers but nothing. Also I discovered that under Network Adapters in device manager there are 8 wan miniports. I read somewhere that if I disable them my connection will be fixed but I do not know which one to disable and which one not to. Any help would be amazing!!

:)

KoullisHadjis, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Cannot find wireless connection :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    wireless connectivity

Hi Carl,

It's possible that your wireless network adapter is incompatible with the latest Windows 10 update, causing network connectivity issues. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions
    for you:

• Which specific build version of Windows 10 is currently on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we recommend using the built-in network troubleshooter. This tool can help diagnose and fix common network problems. To use it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Network troubleshooter.
    • Click Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps shown on the screen.

Additionally, we suggest updating your wireless network adapter driver by following the steps

here

We'll wait for your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Cannot find wireless connection

Problem with wireless connection

Hi,

What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the following link:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v1h=win81tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Also applies to Windows 10.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to un-install the current version of wireless card driver installed and then try to download and install wireless card drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check.

Follow the steps on how to un-install the wireless card driver.

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Network adaptors.

• Right click on wireless card driver and select
      Un-install.
    Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
    OK to remove the driver.

After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Computer will load the network adaptor card. Now you may check with the issue.

If the above steps doesn't help, I suggest you to login to other computer which has internet connectivity, visit the computer manufacturer website of the issue computer and then download the latest driver
    for the wireless card and save it to a external flash drive. Once you successfully save the drivers setup file, insert the flash drive on the issue computer and then try to install the drivers and check with the issue.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot find wireless connection

1. Cannot find wireless connection - Similar Threads - Cannot find wireless

2. Trouble finding a way to connect to wireless wifi connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble finding a way to connect to wireless wifi connections: My Windows 11 ASUS Laptop does not portray the option to connect to wifi. When running the troubleshooter, it says that I am connected using a virtual network adapter that they can’t test, but I am not. The only recommendation there is is to restart my PC but it does not...
  3. Trouble finding a way to connect to wireless wifi connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble finding a way to connect to wireless wifi connections: My Windows 11 ASUS Laptop does not portray the option to connect to wifi. When running the troubleshooter, it says that I am connected using a virtual network adapter that they can’t test, but I am not. The only recommendation there is is to restart my PC but it does not...
  4. Computer cannot find wireless printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cannot find wireless printer: I have switched broadband supplier and have a new router. I have successfully connected 2 laptops, a printer and 2 phones to it. All works ok except one laptop cannot find the printer.....
  5. Computer cannot find wireless printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer cannot find wireless printer: I have switched broadband supplier and have a new router. I have successfully connected 2 laptops, a printer and 2 phones to it. All works ok except one laptop cannot find the printer.....
  6. Trying to Connect JLabs Wireless/Bluetooth Headphones but it cannot find the device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to Connect JLabs Wireless/Bluetooth Headphones but it cannot find the device.: I have a pair of JLabs Wireless Bluetooth headphones (click link to see the exact type of headphones) that connect to my cellphone just fine... however I just purchased a new laptop which happens to have Bluetooth capabilities. I was excited to try and connect my JLabs...
  7. Cannot connect to internet wirelessly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to internet wirelessly: when i booted up my computer one day, i was disconnected from my home internet connection. i went to click on the network and internet bitton on the taskbar, and the normal screen to connect to a network was replaced with, “change settings, such as making a connection...
  8. Cannot connect Wireless Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect Wireless Display: I don’t know what’s happened but since July I cannot connect a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter_70 to my Microsoft Surface Pro. What’s the problem?...
  9. Cannot Connect Wirelessly to the Internet

Cannot Connect Wirelessly to the Internet: My E Machines E732 laptop which was recently upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and has now had the Anniversary update applied. has suddenly ceased to be connectable wirelessly to the internet. I am using a BT Hub 5 and there is no fault with it as it connects wirelessly...
  10. Cannot connect to the wireless network

Cannot connect to the wireless network: Hi I started my PC in a new premises with a Wireless modem, I have two other PC's connected. When I started the PC it saw the wireless network and the option came up to connect and there was a tick in the "Connect Automatically" box. I selected OK but got a message...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot find wireless connection